No conspiricy here. The numbers at the hospitals vary. You believe what you've read. Good for you. I have spoken to quite a few that work in various hospitals. The feedback varies.
I believe official stats issued in press releases by the appropriate health agencies and bonafide news organizations. And virrtually all health professionals such as doctors and nurses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesnt the government have weekly antigen tests for everyone, so asymptomatic transmitters wont be infecting others and filling our hospitals? I literally just returned from Shoppers with a negative test that took 10 minutes. I dont have covid. Can you say the same? If not, stay home.
Because you could have easily picked up the virus in your travels home and could be an asymptomatic spreader for days before you know. Unless you're getting tested every day. Which still wouldn't eliminate the possible spread because you could pick it up and transmit for the interval. Test every hour? Every person every hour?

Last edited:
Because you could have easily picked up the virus in your travels home and could be an asymptomatic spreader for days before you know. Unless you're getting tested every day. Which still wouldn't eliminate the possible spread because you could pick it up and transmit for the interval. Test every hour? Every person every hour?
And those that are vaxed are more likely to be asymptomatic and not go to the doctor. My point was that I will be 1 of a few that can guarantee that Im not spreading the virus at this large gathering. And yet people keep blaming the unvaxed.

Reactions: henkz06
And those that are vaxed are more likely to be asymptomatic and not go to the doctor. My point was that I will be 1 of a few that can guarantee that Im not spreading the virus at this large gathering. And yet people keep blaming the unvaxed.
And that's where you're completely wrong: you are equally as likely to be spreading the virus, you could easily be infected between testing and attendance! You can only "guarantee" you don't have it for the brief time after you were tested, before you walked out that door. Further, none of this is about being a spreader or not, it's about the FACT that if you get covid you have 11 times more probability of ending up in hospital sucking up valuable resources. And you're going to get it, it's not a matter of if, only when.

Reactions: vintageracer
And that's where you're completely wrong: you are equally as likely to be spreading the virus, you could easily be infected between testing and attendance! You can only "guarantee" you don't have it for the brief time after you were tested, before you walked out that door. Further, none of this is about being a spreader or not, it's about the FACT that if you get covid you have 11 times more probability of ending up in hospital sucking up valuable resources. And you're going to get it, it's not a matter of if, only when.
And everyone else there could pick it up on the way there
Soon everyone over 5 years will be eligible for vaccination
You dont know that. Do you know why they arent advising it now?

And science proves that the best antibodies are those made by the body. Im in good health and at the age where I should be able to withstand it. I know around 10 people that got it. All but 1 ( 88 years old) had cold-like symptoms. We can keep going back and forth with this. Get your shots and do your thing. I would fight for your right to do whatever you wish.

Reactions: henkz06
And science proves that the best antibodies are those made by the body. Im in good health and at the age where I should be able to withstand it. I know around 10 people that got it. All but 1 ( 88 years old) had cold-like symptoms. We can keep going back and forth with this. Get your shots and do your thing. I would fight for your right to do whatever you wish.
You need to get on top of this one OAK
Guess the anti-vaxer's will have to stick to meat and potatoes types. ROFLMAO
From none other than Michael Flynn.
Now that is a reputable source.

Michael Flynn claims salad dressing is being infused with COVID vaccine​

Last edited:
And science proves that the best antibodies are those made by the body. Im in good health and at the age where I should be able to withstand it. I know around 10 people that got it. All but 1 ( 88 years old) had cold-like symptoms.

Right. Then sign a notarized directive to keep with you that, in the event of contracting Covid-19, you refuse any and all hospitalization. Including but not limited to ICU and resuscitation. Put your life where your mouth is. At this point you're putting your personal "beliefs" above the public good. Especially by attending the gathering tomorrow because your contention that you're not a spreader based upon your antigen test today is false.

I'm not in good health. I'm in a state of health that few ever obtain. I'm 65, BP is 110/65, 6'2 and 175lb, and by most definitions an extreme athlete. Not good but certainly crazy. Ski big mountains, 2,000,000 vertical a year on a slow year. Run a 16 minute 5k. I've also never been sick. Well, I had a mild case of chicken pox at 11, got a very serious case of shigella from a bad chicken sandwich at a restaurant in Kelowna in 1998 (where I moved after 18 years in Jokeville). Don't get colds, flu, anything. Ever. Never had a headache except for the odd hangover. Haven't had any dental work since I was 14. Wife and ortho surgeons think I'm alien, I heal freaky fast. Like staples out after 5-6 days before they're subsumed. Used to race motorcycles, have just over 6lb of implanted metal including left elbow to neck and right leg knee to navel. You name a bone, I've broken it. Often more than once. One of the team that's rebuilt me many times is Victor Naumetz at Oakville Trafalgar. Ask him about me. Have degrees in biochemistry, double major in computer science/math and an aviation engineering tech diploma. I got the shots. I need them less than probably anyone in the country but it's the right thing to do. It's virtually certain you're going to get this in the next year, I hope it doesn't get you bad. I know 6 people who've had it, 3 had bad cold-like symptoms, 2 said they wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy, one of those still can't walk up stairs without sitting down and the last guy, early fifties good health, died. At home in bed. It's a gamble you're taking and regardless of the odds, if it goes the wrong way you could be dead. I just don't want you taking up an ICU bed when someone's child shows up hit by a car or poisoned or whatever needing the life-saving resources you're using up.

Someone referenced the bleach cocktail thing a few posts back. I was very disappointed that it didn't catch on more. One on the major problems with humanity in the last century , IMHO, is the demise of evolutionary forces. Maybe they're coming back... I've always opposed helmet and seatbelt laws. If you're stupid enough to get on a bike without a good lid then I think we'd all benefit from having you out of the gene pool sooner. If the MAGA crowd wants to guzzle bleach then I'm helping to pour.

Right. Then sign a notarized directive to keep with you that, in the event of contracting Covid-19, you refuse any and all hospitalization. Including but not limited to ICU and resuscitation. Put your life where your mouth is. At this point you're putting your personal "beliefs" above the public good. Especially by attending the gathering tomorrow because your contention that you're not a spreader based upon your antigen test today is false.

I'm not in good health. I'm in a state of health that few ever obtain. I'm 65, BP is 110/65, 6'2 and 175lb, and by most definitions an extreme athlete. Not good but certainly crazy. Ski big mountains, 2,000,000 vertical a year on a slow year. Run a 16 minute 5k. I've also never been sick. Well, I had a mild case of chicken pox at 11, got a very serious case of shigella from a bad chicken sandwich at a restaurant in Kelowna in 1998 (where I moved after 18 years in Jokeville). Don't get colds, flu, anything. Ever. Never had a headache except for the odd hangover. Haven't had any dental work since I was 14. Wife and ortho surgeons think I'm alien, I heal freaky fast. Like staples out after 5-6 days before they're subsumed. Used to race motorcycles, have just over 6lb of implanted metal including left elbow to neck and right leg knee to navel. You name a bone, I've broken it. Often more than once. One of the team that's rebuilt me many times is Victor Naumetz at Oakville Trafalgar. Ask him about me. Have degrees in biochemistry, double major in computer science/math and an aviation engineering tech diploma. I got the shots. I need them less than probably anyone in the country but it's the right thing to do. It's virtually certain you're going to get this in the next year, I hope it doesn't get you bad. I know 6 people who've had it, 3 had bad cold-like symptoms, 2 said they wouldn't wish it on their worst enemy, one of those still can't walk up stairs without sitting down and the last guy, early fifties good health, died. At home in bed. It's a gamble you're taking and regardless of the odds, if it goes the wrong way you could be dead. I just don't want you taking up an ICU bed when someone's child shows up hit by a car or poisoned or whatever needing the life-saving resources you're using up.

Someone referenced the bleach cocktail thing a few posts back. I was very disappointed that it didn't catch on more. One on the major problems with humanity in the last century , IMHO, is the demise of evolutionary forces. Maybe they're coming back... I've always opposed helmet and seatbelt laws. If you're stupid enough to get on a bike without a good lid then I think we'd all benefit from having you out of the gene pool sooner. If the MAGA crowd wants to guzzle bleach then I'm helping to pour.
And you own a C7 Corvette... :thumbs: :thumbs:

And you own a C7 Corvette... :thumbs: :thumbs:
Yes! A 2014 I stole from a dealer in Grand Prairie right before winter when many owners threw their C7 back with the order to "get what you can and put it down on a C8" as GM started taking orders. Then stuck a 2300 Maggie on it as well as a few other things and it's a beast. Sold a supercharged, methanol injected Miata that I'd built up over 10 years as part of the deal. Had to get rid of it because the arsey empee were looking for me (did you know that when they don't have a plate to run they go to the... post office and run the description by the carriers to see if they know where it lives). Most think I'm insane, friends say nah, just intense.

Please explain how you can guarantee you will not. I'll wait..

8D28CE78-F9CD-457F-AB53-A62FA3438E28.jpeg

1. Myth: "Masks Don't Work"​

Reality: Research has found that face masks effectively slow the spread of COVID-19. Face masks reduce the chance you will excrete or inhale particles infected with the coronavirus. A huge randomized controlled study in India—which tracked 340,000 adults across 600 villages in rural Bangladesh—found that mask-wearing can significantly limit the spread of symptomatic COVID-19

2. Myth: "The COVID Death Rate Is Tiny"​

Reality: Some people say this to justify not getting the vaccine. The truth is: in some states with low vaccination rates, like Florida, the death rate from COVID-19 is the highest it's been during the entire pandemic. Nearly everyone who is dying of COVID now is unvaccinated. This year, U.S. life expectancy declined by 18 months because of COVID-19—the largest drop since World War II.

3. Myth: "It's Only Dangerous for Old People"​

Reality: Doctors and nurses nationwide are reporting that more people in their 30s, 40s and 50s are dying of COVID. And the virus seems to be landing younger people in the hospital. "Many of the patients with Covid-19 now arriving at the hospital are not just unvaccinated — they are much younger than 50, a stark departure from the frail, older patients seen when the pandemic first surged last year," the New York Times reported on Aug. 8. And children are increasingly at risk of serious illness and death.

4. Myth: "It's Just Like the Flu"​

Reality: "COVID-19 appears to be more contagious and spread more quickly than the flu," says the Mayo Clinic. "Severe illness, such as lung injury, may be more frequent with COVID-19 than with influenza. The death rate also appears to be higher with COVID-19 than the flu. COVID-19 can cause different complications than the flu, such as blood clots and multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children."

5. Myth: "Ivermectin is Approved for COVID"​

Reality: Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic medication most often given to animals, has been touted online as a cure for COVID-19. This is not supported by evidence—at least, not enough evidence to convince the larger scientific community. "Ivermectin isn't a drug for treating viruses and the FDA hasn't approved use of this drug to treat or prevent COVID-19," says the Mayo Clinic. "Taking large doses of this drug can cause serious harm. Don't use medications intended for animals on yourself."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.