Sep 16, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Z51 Vert
Province
ON
Hey guys. My order is getting real close to being able to place. There are talks on the black rims and the high wing being on constraint, and may affect my order. I hope that I don't have to go to aftermarket wheels, but if I do I do (it is more a cost thing). My question is more for the high wing. It is much cheaper to get through GM with your order than aftermarket. If I keep the high wing on the order, (even though there is a constraint) will GM still pick it up and just ship the wing afterwards when they have it? Just trying to stay informed if it does become an issue, Thanks

Reactions: Vettenut
Don't quote me. Someone else will likely know better, but I believe if your order has not gone in you won't be able to order the high wing at all. If your order goes in with one and it isn't available at the time your car gets sequenced they will ship it late to your dealer.
Your other alternative is to buy it later from a discount place like Buy GM Parts | OEM GM Parts & Accessories | Manufacturer Warranty | Kipp Scott GM Parts

Reactions: Murray20c8
Be VERY careful when you're looking at sites to order from. I am in the same boat, couldn't get the high wing with the front splitter so my dealer ordered one from their supplier. It hasn't arrived yet and I paid a couple hundred more from them so I'm looking to cancel and re-order if the wait times are all the same. However.......... in checking on some of the OEM supplier sites they charge over $600 for shipping alone. One site had the spoiler for just over $900 but their shipping was $651.00. I almost ordered one until I saw the shipping charge.

Be VERY careful when you're looking at sites to order from. I am in the same boat, couldn't get the high wing with the front splitter so my dealer ordered one from their supplier. It hasn't arrived yet and I paid a couple hundred more from them so I'm looking to cancel and re-order if the wait times are all the same. However.......... in checking on some of the OEM supplier sites they charge over $600 for shipping alone. One site had the spoiler for just over $900 but their shipping was $651.00. I almost ordered one until I saw the shipping charge.
You buy from the dealer and they make a ton of money on it. If you get the contractor discount you can get about 19% off, so that tells us they make a huge profit. Kipp Scott gives you that contractor discount. Did you ask them BTW?

I ordereed a new roof from them.
Call and see what shipping options there are.

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
84851989​
Roof​
$1,069.43​
1​
$1,069.43​

Subtotal: $1,069.43​
Estimated Shipping to L0G 1M0 via Standard Shipping: $86.33​
Tax: $57.79​
Total: $1,213.55​

I would be better off ordering through the States and have it free delivery to a friend in Michigan. Depending on the duty and exchange of course;)
My roof came in a large box. About the size of a 65 inch tv box. I imagine the wing would be in a larger box, but $600 difference for shipping? Seems weird to me.

My roof came in a large box. About the size of a 65 inch tv box. I imagine the wing would be in a larger box, but $600 difference for shipping? Seems weird to me.
I just called them about shipping a high wing to Ontario, he confirmed the shipping at $675. How can a ROOF to Ontario be $87.00 and a spoiler $675? Something's not right here............

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Does anyone happen to know what is the cost for the visible carbon fibre high wing and ground effects ? When added to the online builder it says See Dealer For Pricing. Even with a dealer markup I can only assume that it is still more affordable to go that route (especially for the CF finish), then going aftermarket which will cost more based on shipping costs alone, and will assume parts will cost a bit more too. Just curious to compare OEM vs aftermarket for these CF aero parts. Whether they are available or are on constraint is a whole other story.

I would be better off ordering through the States and have it free delivery to a friend in Michigan. Depending on the duty and exchange of course;)
Just be careful getting it across the border. If you don't pay the Canadian tax they can give you a hassle and keep it or worse. And they have guns. LOL.

Folks, if you do not have a US buddy, it is pretty easy to get stuff shipped to you here in Canada. I have 2 port forwarding services I use, 1 is when I am willing to drive to the US border (Lacolle) which is 30 min from my place (Freeport Forwarding in Champlain, NY), cross over, get the stuff myself, and then run inside to declare with invoice and pay the taxes. The easier one, which you people in ON will appreciate, is a service called Cross Border Pickups. After opening a free account online, they assign you a PO Box tied to their US address. The US address is in Niagara Falls on the NY side. Once your items arrive there you get an email notification to log into their dashboard/portal, you select your item, and in a couple easy steps, you choose a category the item falls under, enter the item value, and their system calculates the taxes, you attach your invoice and done.

Then you have 2 options, you either select 1 of 2 pickup locations in ON, I am not sure if you have to pay your taxes online in advance for pickups but I believe so. The service I use is a reship to Montreal. There I pay my taxes, their service fee, and the reship fee all at once, in 1 payment. A couple of days later they indicate the tracking number and item on the way.

I use it all the time, and rarely have to go to the US anymore. Their service fee is pretty reasonable, they have the details on their site, I often pay between $10-$20 per item, and the reship fee is also pretty reasonable. As for taxes, as I always tell people, do not try to screw the system, whether you drive it over yourself or reship it online, pay the damn taxes and make it easy on yourself to avoid issues in the future. Since I have a Nexus card, I cannot afford to jeapordize that membership, so always pay what I have to pay.

Reactions: Noreplacement
Try some of your local dealers and see if they will price match Kipp Scotts pricing don't show them the shipping part of the quote I am in Alberta but still had two different dealerships price match them. For high wing and full Ground effects package. It actually worked out cheaper when it was all installed by my dealer than if i had ordered it from factory and dealer installs it anyways.

Hey guys. My order is getting real close to being able to place. There are talks on the black rims and the high wing being on constraint, and may affect my order. I hope that I don't have to go to aftermarket wheels, but if I do I do (it is more a cost thing). My question is more for the high wing. It is much cheaper to get through GM with your order than aftermarket. If I keep the high wing on the order, (even though there is a constraint) will GM still pick it up and just ship the wing afterwards when they have it? Just trying to stay informed if it does become an issue, Thanks
Hey
Just gonna chime in with my 3 cents ( inflation)
My 21 z51 has the stock spoiler I’m gonna grab a high wing from gm parts depot it’s a torch red wing but that’s what I want the carbon flash wing is unavailable so their site says
The wing costs about a grand cdn and a dealer will charge 2.5 hours to install ( Wilson niblett)
It pretty much comes out the same as ordering in your build and that’s a dealer installed option
At least I think it still is
As for wheels mabe after market might be better than the stock wheels
Although there is nothing wrong with the stock offerings even the new designs for 23
In my opinion the right after market wheels completely change the car to something truly exotic especially if you go 21/20
You definitely don’t have to go balls out with your hair on fire and get the HRE P 107 SC like I did ….. they are way too expensive .
Although I don’t regret one penny I have spent on my c8 . And those wheels make every single Ferrari wish it looked as good as my c8 and I’m italian!!!!!😂😂
Check out the MRR website they have this new wheel that is forged I believe it’s the F023
It’s basically an exact copy of the Z06 carbon Z07 wheels they come painted in carbon flash and are mono blocks made out of forged aluminum these wheels are stunning
They are way less money than the HRE and man are they nice
Going a bit wider fills the wheel well and if you step up a bit in size 21/20 then 😳 now you have something truly beautiful
Some may disagree say to leave the car stock and that totally fine because there is no such thing as an ugly corvette unless of course you wrap a picture of your mother in law to the front hood
I don’t think there are too many that would do that
No offense to mother in laws out there they are beautiful
Anyway these are just the ramblings of a Vette nut after 1or 2 glasses of vino

Good luck and I’m sure it will turn out beautiful 👍

Tony