Sep 3, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette C8 2020
Province
QC
Hi to all,

My dealer called me last week and offer me an allocation to order my Eray.
Can someone tell me what's the difference between 2LT vs 3 LT? All I can see it's there's no carbon fiber on the steering wheel and on the seats on the LT2 comparing to the 3LT.
Are the GT1 seats ventilated?
Thanks!
Giang

Hi to all,

Can someone tell me what's the difference between 2LT vs 3 LT? All I can see it's there's no carbon fiber on the steering wheel and on the seats on the LT2 comparing to the 3LT.
Thanks!
Giang
$7,000 .

Hi to all,

Thanks!
Giang
The 2LT 3LT differences are all cosmetic.
GT1 seats are ventilated. They are identical in construction to the GT2 seat. Same foam density etc. Just a different style.

Reactions: Vettenut
Hi Murray20c8,
I heard the leather is different in the 2LZ vs 3LZ.
Is the leather a lot better in the 3LZ to justify the premium price?
Thanks!
Ian
The leather is different between the GT1 and GT2/3 . The GT1 is Mulan and the GT2/3 is Napa. There is no real difference between them and the names themselves are inconsistent. Some say the Mulan is a little stiffer, but my ass didn't notice any difference.
The 3LZ has different suede inserts, but I have no idea whether there is any difference in the suede.

If you go onto the GM Canada website, under specifications, you can line up the 3 cars side-by-side to see the differences.
The 3LT level has slightly 'better' finishes (for lack of a better word).
I'm quite sure a 2LT (or even a 1LT) is not 'shabby' by any means.
Being worth the extra money, or not, is something you will need to decide.

If you go onto the GM Canada website, under specifications, you can line up the 3 cars side-by-side to see the differences.
The 3LT level has slightly 'better' finishes (for lack of a better word).
I'm quite sure a 2LT (or even a 1LT) is not 'shabby' by any means.
Being worth the extra money, or not, is something you will need to decide.
What's with the font? Are you worried we won't read your posts? ;)

Hi to all,

Thanks!
Giang
Giang, do you plan on getting the GT2 seats?
Do you like the look of the GT1 or the GT2 seats better?
Do you like the look of Carbon Fiber in the interior of the car?
Do you prefer nylon or alcantara?
Do your prefer a soft stamped plastic or leather?
Are you working on a tight budget moving to the E-Ray?

Giang, do you plan on getting the GT2 seats?
Do you like the look of the GT1 or the GT2 seats better?
Do you like the look of Carbon Fiber in the interior of the car?
Do you prefer nylon or alcantara?
Do your prefer a soft stamped plastic or leather?
Are you working on a tight budget moving to the E-Ray?
Hi Mr Corvette,
I don't plan to get the GT2 seats. I have the 3LT in my 2020 C8 coupe right now. I don't see any big difference between GT1 or GT2 seats beside the CF. I've never been into a 2LT or 2LZ interior but I don't think there will be a major difference in the interior finish between the 2LZ and 3LZ. I would love to have comments from someone that have had both versions.
It doesn't bother me not having CF in the interior of the car. It's not a must have.
I don't even notice where they use nylon vs alcantara or soft stamped plastic vs leather...
Yes, I'm working on a budget moving to the E-Ray considering that I have to pay the lux tax now. I was lucky not paying the lux tax in 2020 for my C8 then...

By the way, on a different subject, if you guys receive an offer/allocation for a Porsche GT3 RS, would you decline it over an allocation for a C8 or C9 ZR1 or Zora?

Thanks!

Ian

Reactions: Murray20c8
1LZ has mulan leather only for the interior and limited colors (4)
2LZ has both napa and mulan leather and more color options
3LZ has the most options for interior colors.
Not sure what overrides are available in the three different trims
Mulan leather is synthetic made with leather scraps and whatever chemical they use.
According to Google search there isn't much difference in feel or wear ????

The leather is different between the GT1 and GT2/3 . The GT1 is Mulan and the GT2/3 is Napa. There is no real difference between them and the names themselves are inconsistent. Some say the Mulan is a little stiffer, but my ass didn't notice any difference.
The 3LZ has different suede inserts, but I have no idea whether there is any difference in the suede.
As Murray says there are suede inserts on the interior ( not the steering wheel or seats unless you get the suede package as an option ) but I do like the fact that the interior A pillars are suede as opposed to that cheap panty hose material they use on the 1 and 2 LT and I believe the dash and doors are Napa leather also
Having said that ... I have the 2LT and am pretty happy with it ;)

GT2 seats are std on 3LT and extra on 2LT and not avail on 1LT I forked out the extra $$ for the GT2 seats on my 2 LT

Oh and yes the 3LT has alot of really cool stitching on the head liner and doors ... only you can determine if the extra cost is justified ;)

Last edited:
i also ordered the 2LZ with GT1 seats for my eray. Gt1 seats are comfortable enough with memory and heated/cooled , 2Lz already comes with a contrast centre dash leather which I like, don’t feel like adding another 3k after tax for gt2 seats just for the aesthetic.

For me 3lz was about the carbon fibre steering wheel, unique tension blue interior and free gt2 seats, but certainly does not justify the price premium thanks for the luxury tax.

Reactions: Murray20c8
i also ordered the 2LZ with GT1 seats for my eray. Gt1 seats are comfortable enough with memory and heated/cooled , 2Lz already comes with a contrast centre dash leather which I like, don’t feel like adding another 3k after tax for gt2 seats just for the aesthetic.

For me 3lz was about the carbon fibre steering wheel, unique tension blue interior and free gt2 seats, but certainly does not justify the price premium thanks for the luxury tax.
Finally, I went with the 2LZ package and the dealer sent me a GM official order on June the 3rd 2024 with status 1100.
I plan to keep the E-Ray at least for 3-4 years, besides the guarantee extension, is there anything else recommended to buy?
Thanks!
Ian

Finally, I went with the 2LZ package and the dealer sent me a GM official order on June the 3rd 2024 with status 1100.
I plan to keep the E-Ray at least for 3-4 years, besides the guarantee extension, is there anything else recommended to buy?
Thanks!
Ian
GM Essential service plan. I think it's a no brainer for the Eray. Did you get magride?