May 21, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2024 eray
Province
ON
I shared my thoughts on the US Corvette forum already.

Although I have never driven a Z06, I am on the list for a Z06 and eray.

I am the proud owner of a 2017 ZL1 and love this car still and so I believe I bring some perspective all be it my opinion.

I received allocation for an eray first and elected to pull the trigger. I have not gotten the car yet but should have it mid July 2024.

After watching many many videos on both, I was struggling and debating on which one I would prefer better. Both are fantastic in their own way.

Here are my reasons for selecting the eray.

1. Torque, Torque and Torque. I like having power at all rpm levels.

2. Uniqueness/Hybrid - V8 + electric motor

3. Swiss Army Knife - Good at everything.

4. AWD - speaks for its self - Tesla like launches all day long if you want

5. Sleeper - The only thing that gives it away are the monster 345 rear tires or the eray badge on the side. Will surprise many other sports car on the road.
thumbsup.gif

6. Track capable (if you want) - I plan on taking my eray to the track and frankly the AWD should be a valuable attribute. Should I be lucky enough to spar with a Z06 I think it will come down to the driver. Both cars should be very close with the edge given to the Z06 for straight aways.

Bottom line it’s a personal choice and I can’t wait for
my eray. The good news is if I don’t like my eray I can buy a Z06. Good problem to have!!

Reactions: ccltj
I had a very similar proposition. I got an ERAY allocation on Wednesday last week and also got news on a cancellation of a Z06 on Friday. I ended up with the Z06. Both cars are amazing as you said. But I felt that the unique experience of the NA 5.5l would stand the test of time. I have a BMW IX50 and love it. Electric is the only way to go as a daily driver IMO. The hesitation with the ERAY is the tech will become better and better over time and it may hurt the 1st gen residuals. Secondly, a 1st gen model with new tech can have issues (just found out about the transmission issues with the Z06. lol). I am hoping to take delivery of the Z06 today and will post pictures when it arrives. Truthfully there is no wrong choice, you are a winner in both scenarios really, but for me it was the Z06.

I had a very similar proposition. I got an ERAY allocation on Wednesday last week and also got news on a cancellation of a Z06 on Friday. I ended up with the Z06. Both cars are amazing as you said. But I felt that the unique experience of the NA 5.5l would stand the test of time. I have a BMW IX50 and love it. Electric is the only way to go as a daily driver IMO. The hesitation with the ERAY is the tech will become better and better over time and it may hurt the 1st gen residuals. Secondly, a 1st gen model with new tech can have issues (just found out about the transmission issues with the Z06. lol). I am hoping to take delivery of the Z06 today and will post pictures when it arrives. Truthfully there is no wrong choice, you are a winner in both scenarios really, but for me it was the Z06.
Hey congrats and yes please post pictures. I agree 1st gen models with new tech like the electric motor may have problems but that is what warranty is for and I plan on getting the extended as well. Yes I saw the bulletin on the transmission issues for some Z06’s…it’s unfortunate but happens.

I agree we are both winners and you can’t go wrong with either car. On the highway (top end) advantage Z06 and on the street advantage eray at least from a dig…ha ha!

Hey congrats and yes please post picture. I agree 1st gen models with new tech like the electric motor may have problems but that is what warranty is for and I plan on getting the extended as well. Yes I saw the bulletin on the remissions for some Z06’s…it’s unfortunate but happens.

I agree we are both winners and you can’t go wrong with either car. On the highway (top end) advantage Z06 and on the street advantage eray at least from a dig…ha ha!

Attachments

• 20240517_155027.jpg
    20240517_155027.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240517_155112.jpg
    20240517_155112.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Yes the Z06 is a wild animal … visceral for sure and the eray is more reserved BUT can quickly turn into a party animal on a dime. I like having both options depending on my mood!!!

I agree all good and if for some reason I don’t like the eray I am sure my dealer will be happy to sell me a Z06!!!

About a week ago, I would have agreed as the SR is a great car! But now that the Z06 is broken in and I have had the privilege of driving both. It is a completely different car. Its like having an evil twin. The Z06 is psychotic. I have paid the premium and now can confirm it was worth it (relative of course). The Eray is going to be quicker\more SR like for sure but the way the Z06 ignite the senses is quite remarkable. I am lucky to have a mini collection of cars from old to new, manual to auto and I have to say that this is definitely a special machine, possibly worth keeping (ZR1 will determine that, if I can get one). If you do get a chance to get into one, I would recommend it.

Hey congrats and yes please post pictures. I agree 1st gen models with new tech like the electric motor may have problems but that is what warranty is for and I plan on getting the extended as well. Yes I saw the bulletin on the transmission issues for some Z06’s…it’s unfortunate but happens.

Both outstanding vehicles to be sure but for me flat plane crank . 8,600 rpm red line. Musical. If I could afford another C8 I think that’s the way I would go but it would be a close call. I’m sure you will be thrilled with the E-Ray though. Congratulations and enjoy! And welcome to CCF .

Reactions: EMMDEE