typer100

Casual User
Feb 10, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
Tesla
Province
QC
I was third on the list a couple months ago... Started 15th. But my build for 2LT coupe, Z51, mag and lift, went from 92K in 2021, to about 118K now.
Sorry but my budget for my fun car, didn't follow that same curve...
After looking at the order sheet for a 2024, I see a lot less reason for me to pick the 2LT and the extra 10K before tx.
The rear mirror camera, front collision warning and lane assist is now standard in the 1LT coupe.
Other then the GT2 bucket seats and the HD front/rear view camera, the rest is all nice but very optional IMO since it's not a daily and my current '14 911 doesn't have half of what a 1LT has.

I was third on the list a couple months ago... Started 15th. But my build for 2LT coupe, Z51, mag and lift, went from 92K in 2021, to about 118K now.
After looking at the order sheet for a 2024, I see a lot less reason for me to pick the 2LT and the extra 10K before tx.
The rear mirror camera, front collision warning and lane assist is now standard in the 1LT coupe.
Other then the GT2 bucket seats and the HD front/rear view camera, the rest is all nice but very optional IMO since it's not a daily and my current '14 911 doesn't have half of what a 1LT has.
2LT has 2 important features for me 1. Memory seats with an entry/exit setting and 2. front camera which is good to have but not a deal breaker.

If you are tired of waiting and don’t want to get hit with the next price increase, you should consider ordering from one of the top Ontario dealers that may have an allocation for you as early as Jan 18th

IMG_2158.jpeg

Last edited:
I am not sure what model 911 you are presently driving however I would be surprised if you have not encountered the same if not identical scenario with the Porsche assuming you are comparing between moving up there possibly as well? I looked high and low at the 911, compared so many models and simply could not justify the pricing to get something remotely close to the value offering with the C8. Please give me more intel to what you presently have. Thanks

Sarcasm??? Lol
I guess it depends. My wife and I sit differently. In the Malibu we both have to adjust the seat each time we drive it. With the C8 it is difficult enough getting in and out of it. Perhaps you are young and spry, but I'm not. I'm glad for the exit and entry positions.

Reactions: Bunny hop
I guess it depends. My wife and I sit differently. In the Malibu we both have to adjust the seat each time we drive it. With the C8 it is difficult enough getting in and out of it. Perhaps you are young and spry, but I'm not. I'm glad for the exit and entry positions.
Can't lie....have had the car since last March and still haven't set any of those settings. I have found that I am still able to do it old school and I do enjoy pushing buttons! 😁

Don't settle! You will regret having to manually hit the power seat button every time you egress /ingress...
The only time my 911 seat moves is when I take it to the dealer for maintenance. I can get in and out quite easily. It's low and tight but I can manage. I don`t expect the C8 to be very different.

I just did a quick search on outotrader.ca and found 8 NEW Corvettes priced from $99,995 for 1LT to $123,314 for 3LT. If I was in the market I's be on the phone to lock one up today.
there is a big difference between ordering your exact spec and buying someone else's spec on the dealer lot especially if the is no major discounts

there is a big difference between ordering your exact spec and buying someone else's spec on the dealer lot especially if the is no major discounts
True, but if you order a 1LT due to lower price than a 2LT it's not likely you would add a bunch of extras. Also, dealers with 2023 models in inventory might just work with a buyer on price. OP has options beyond his current dealer.

True, but if you order a 1LT due to lower price than a 2LT it's not likely you would add a bunch of extras. Also, dealers with 2023 models in inventory might just work with a buyer on price. OP has options beyond his current dealer.
Colour of interior and exterior….

" Typer 100 " did you know right now there are 166 Corvette C8's for sale across Canada? 57 - 2LT and 41 1LT
Finding the right car should not be an issue and saving $ most certainly could be had if you along decided now is the time to pick up the deal.
Springtime, Economy, Interest Rates - all may have a bearing on a decision or not, but most certainly unless you are hung up on specific options surely within those amount of cars color and options just might be found, and while your at likely some major $ savings at the same time. Enjoy the Hunt :)

" Typer 100 " did you know right now there are 166 Corvette C8's for sale across Canada? 57 - 2LT and 41 1LT
Finding the right car should not be an issue and saving $ most certainly could be had if you along decided now is the time to pick up the deal.
Springtime, Economy, Interest Rates - all may have a bearing on a decision or not, but most certainly unless you are hung up on specific options surely within those amount of cars color and options just might be found, and while your at likely some major $ savings at the same time. Enjoy the Hunt :)
My trade-in is the issue and forcing me to buy locally.

You beat my record. 35 months from original order, to my garage. As for 2LT , be careful . I had ordered a 1LT but went from that, to 2LT , then HTC 2LT because the wife reminded me I like performance but luxury/ gadgets also. Depends on your age but creature comforts are nice to have depending on the length of the drive , weather etc. Good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.