My salesman just called me. My C8 was built on 20/12/2022. It is waiting to be shipped. Not in a hurry , though, with this weather. Also, he said I can leave it there, in the showroom, until April or no more snow/slush on the roads. Cannot wait for spring.

Attachments

• 2023 Corvette Stingray (6).jpg
    2023 Corvette Stingray (6).jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 382
  • 2023 Corvette Stingray (7).jpg
    2023 Corvette Stingray (7).jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 27
^^^^^I concur................get that bi-atch home when it shows up. If you can't drive it get a flatbed and get it home that way.

I did that back in winter, early 2009 when I bought my Cooksey Z06 new from a dealer down the street from me. As it was winter time I didn't drive it home I called a flatbed and got it home that way. Cost me about $150 bucks to flatbed it home but when you throw down 6 figures what's a C and a 1/2 to get it home safely?

My salesman just called me. My C8 was built on 20/12/2022. It is waiting to be shipped. Not in a hurry , though, with this weather. Also, he said I can leave it there, in the showroom, until April or no more snow/slush on the roads. Cannot wait for spring.
Well its about time...Congrats, and bring it home as soon as its lands.

At long last!

Unlike others above, I'd be OK leaving it at the dealership if you trust them and expect this will "give you +++++ brownie points" for your next purchase(s) since they'll likely get ++ PR displaying it in their dealership. And maybe (?) they'll throw in free PPF as an extra bonus for you leaving it with them. BUT:

-make sure you've got an understanding (in writing) of how they'll look after the car and that it'll be covered by their insurance. Plus your name goes on their insurance for the vehicle, as an additional insured IF you've paid for it or a good chunk of it (see below);
-it should be parked locked with the top/windows up, and cordoned off so no one is able to touch it which means NO ONE can sit in it or play with it;
-the battery should be removed...or at least it's kept on a battery tender however that may make it too tempting to do things with it, if it remains powered up;
-you're contacted before it's ever moved, so you're kept informed and know what's happening with it, at all times (ie. they may need to move it, depending upon what's happening in their showroom);
-are you expected to pay for it upfront...or only with "actual delivery" in the Spring? When will the warranty start?

Some food for thought, but the main thing is that it'll soon be at your dealership! Congrats!

PS: I'll let others chime in and point out why leaving it at your dealership, even under the above conditions, isn't a good idea...

^^^^^I concur................get that bi-atch home when it shows up. If you can't drive it get a flatbed and get it home that way.

I did that back in winter, early 2009 when I bought my Cooksey Z06 new from a dealer down the street from me. As it was winter time I didn't drive it home I called a flatbed and got it home that way. Cost me about $150 bucks to flatbed it home but when you throw down 6 figures what's a C and a 1/2 to get it home safely?

At long last!

Unlike others above, I'd be OK leaving it at the dealership if you trust them and expect this will "give you +++++ brownie points" for your next purchase(s) since they'll likely get ++ PR displaying it in their dealership. And maybe (?) they'll throw in free PPF as an extra bonus for you leaving it with them. BUT:

-make sure you've got an understanding (in writing) of how they'll look after the car and that it'll be covered by their insurance. Plus your name goes on their insurance for the vehicle, as an additional insured IF you've paid for it or a good chunk of it (see below);

-it should be parked locked with the top/windows up, and cordoned off so no one is able to touch it which means NO ONE can sit in it or play with it;

-the battery should be removed...or at least it's kept on a battery tender however that may make it too tempting to do things with it, if it remains powered up;

-you're contacted before it's ever moved, so you're kept informed and know what's happening with it, at all times (ie. they may need to move it, depending upon what's happening in their showroom);

-are you expected to pay for it upfront...or only with "actual delivery" in the Spring? When will the warranty start?

Some food for thought, but the main thing is that it'll soon be at your dealership! Congrats!

PS: I'll let others chime in and point out why leaving it at your dealership, even under the above conditions, isn't a good idea...

Foolish to leave it at dealership. Who cares more about your car? You or the dealer? Especially after they have your money.

There will be hundreds of people groping it, rubbing their zippers on it, and asking to sit in it. Even if roped off, they will find a way. Seen it with my own eyes.

Foolish to leave it at dealership. Who cares more about your car? You or the dealer? Especially after they have your money.

There will be hundreds of people groping it, rubbing their zippers on it, and asking to sit in it. Even if roped off, they will find a way. Seen it with my own eyes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.