@wlgj like many I see you took the Z51 package but curious to know if you will track your car or whether you took it for resale value. It's probably my biggest dilemma, as I don't plan to track my car. And will already pay extra for performance exhaust and MRC so I know it's a matter of deciding if the balance is worth it or not. Either way, look forward to seeing the pics and perhaps seeing it in person too.

Reactions: Bunny hop
@wlgj like many I see you took the Z51 package but curious to know if you will track your car or whether you took it for resale value. It's probably my biggest dilemma, as I don't plan to track my car. And will already pay extra for performance exhaust and MRC so I know it's a matter of deciding if the balance is worth it or not. Either way, look forward to seeing the pics and perhaps seeing it in person too.
Z51 comes with NPP (performance exhaust) so the cost for the Z51 is a little less.

@wlgj took the Z51 out of necessity- couldn’t have ordered the car otherwise.
I have the Z51 and got it because, honestly, I didn’t know any better. This was my first Corvette and I figured $5900 (in 2020) wasn’t too much of an addition. Also, needed the Z51 in order to get the mag suspension at that time. I have no regrets since this will probably be my one and only sportscar. I have to intention of tracking the car, and wasn’t thinking about resale value.

Reactions: Bunny hop and Neils
@harshadt not sure the "just because" answer will help me decide, but I get your point, no need to take it just for track purposes, and like you, this will be my first Vette as well (always been a JDM Japan car guy Nissan 300 (350/370) & G35 (G37/Q60), and would have likely purchased an LC500 or GTR or used NSX (recent model) if the C8 had not been redone to mid engine.

Will see what the Z51 package costs when the time comes and if it is imposed on me like it was on @wlgj. But since I will be moving up to the 3LT to get the TB inside (RB ext), not going Z51 could help cover some of that cost to move to the 3LT.

Anyhow, back to the thread topic of allowing this man to enjoy the delivery of his new car !!

I like @wlgj just placed our order and had to go Z51 in order to place our order. I will not be tracking the car, was looking to include the performance exhaust which is included, wanted a front splitter of some kind(included) and high wing which is on constraint so the Z51 will do. The costs is fair with these items . The longer we waited the better chance of increases in price. Z51 or not I plan on enjoying this car.

I just realized , I went from a 2021, C8 ,HTC, 2LT, price of 89500$ to 108,000$ for a 2023!!! 18500$ more, in a 2 year model difference! Wow! I know I was forced to take the Z51 , so 8000$, just for that but 10500$ for 2 years, price increase. Thank GOD this is my last vehicle because summer use only. Our 2nd all around vehicle will be changed at the end of the warranty. I had ordered a 2020 on 19/02/2020 but I knew I would not get one , so I do not count that price, cause if I did add a fiver. :Banghead:

I just realized , I went from a 2021, C8 ,HTC, 2LT, price of 89500$ to 108,000$ for a 2023!!! 18500$ more, in a 2 year model difference! Wow! I know I was forced to take the Z51 , so 8000$, just for that but 10500$ for 2 years, price increase. Thank GOD this is my last vehicle because summer use only. Our 2nd all around vehicle will be changed at the end of the warranty. I had ordered a 2020 on 19/02/2020 but I knew I would not get one , so I do not count that price, cause if I did add a fiver. :Banghead:
man you just discouraged me with those price hikes, paying more for the same car not even 2 years later. Sad part is that even with the price hikes GM could still charge even more knowing the lineup of people on waiting lists. I am kind of hoping that for the price hike, the ‘24 model has something new and exciting when I get the call in Mar/Apr. Can’t wait to see the pics of your car parked in the garage neighbour (I am in La Prairie btw).

man you just discouraged me with those price hikes, paying more for the same car not even 2 years later. Sad part is that even with the price hikes GM could still charge even more knowing the lineup of people on waiting lists. I am kind of hoping that for the price hike, the ‘24 model has something new and exciting when I get the call in Mar/Apr. Can’t wait to see the pics of your car parked in the garage neighbour (I am in La Prairie btw).
You will get a few changes, one, is more HP, which makes me jealous ;) . I hope GM, will offer a computer tune, to get to the new HP.

Reactions: JR410
You do not live very far!

Reactions: Neils
My 2020 C8 coupe priced out with the same options in 2023 would cost $12,000 more (not including the $699 documentation/dealer fee)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.