I'm hearing that Canadian allocations are curtailed due to it being winter and GM prioritizing US demand.

Although not in the same boat as I'm already an owner of a C8, I too am waiting on my next allocation. Unless GM opens the allocation taps after this unfortunate Tornado event, we will likely see our cars as 23's.
I was driving by Jack Carter in Calgary last week and there was a transport with 5 c8's unloading. Guess that puts the "no deliveries to Western Canada in the winter" theory to bed?

Reactions: Neils
I was driving by Jack Carter in Calgary last week and there was a transport with 5 c8's unloading. Guess that puts the "no deliveries to Western Canada in the winter" theory to bed?
chances are those 5 c8s have been shipped in the fall, and only now are arriving to the final destination.

They are still shipping those vehicles that were ordered in the fall. What hasn't happened since mid-November are allocations provided to Canadian dealerships probably because of our winter. Therefore, no Canadian dealer was able to order more C8s. Hopefully that changes this month because by the time orders are queued for production, Canadians would roughly receive come April.

Reactions: Neils
I think someone had a comment for this statement some time ago, but going to repeat it again. With the insane success and thru the roof demand GM has on their hands, they could easily open another vette plant, probably even with 2 shifts, and still not meet the global demands for this car, let alone the North American market. And with demand like that, heck even push the price up a bit more (I sure hope not) to enjoy the fruits of their success (instead of others profiting from it). Instead, it looks like the rule of keep supply (fairly) low to keep demand high will remain in place and the car will remain in high demand for many years to come, odds are keeping aftermarket pricing high as well. I know someone will come along as compare this to the C7 scenario of initial hype and it dying off after a short period (the previous comment I as referring to), but I doubt that comparison can be made here, this model has turned the automotive industry on it's head globally. Success is an understatement.

To the potential production numbers posted above for the Z06, with Canadian dealers having Z06 lists hundreds deep and some of the bigger US dealers with lists in the thousands long, with a potential production of 12k-15k per year, it will take several years (maybe up to 5 and beyond) just to meet that demand. Crazy just thinking about it. I am hoping the E-Ray falls into a sweet spot where not too many people are interested in it, and those of us wanting a Z06 looking car with good specs but less expensive and shorter wait list will benefit from that sweet spot.

In the meantime, as to the topic of this thread hoping for better Canadian deliveries (especially during the winter months) gonna be a long wait for many of us, and I honestly think that once the '23 model allocations come around, we will see better times, until then .... !!

Not to knock anyone but I read about people being on a list since last December still waiting.

I went to a smaller dealer, got on the list in August, got allocation in September and the car is due here any day now.

There are plenty of options out there, not sure why everyone is clamoring to be on one of 3 dealers lists
Exactly my experience. The smaller dealership offered an allocation and fast delivery without the dreaded dealer tax over and above MSRP.

I was just looking at the NCM 2022 production numbers and they sold 23503 C8s into the US and 1014 into Canada or 3.9% of production. While it looks low we are the top of all export markets.
Instead of decreasing the market share equally across the board they decided to reduce the Canadian volume in favour of the Foreign one.

Actually Quebec is the 5th... You can be 6th if you like. lol....
Crawl back into your oil well! :p
Quebec is a little over half the size of Ontario!
At least it was in 2019
Quebec/Population 8.485 million (2019)
Ontario/Population 14.57 million (2019)

Reactions: Noreplacement
I was just looking at the NCM 2022 production numbers and they sold 23503 C8s into the US and 1014 into Canada or 3.9% of production. While it looks low we are the top of all export markets.

I don't see that as a good thing; just the opposite.

The stats:

2020: Canadian allocations: 7.3%; US allocations: 91.2%
2021: Canadian allocations: 7.2%; US allocations: 89.9%
2022: Canadian allocations: 3.9%; US allocations: 91.0%

Then the Canadian allocation percentages get worse for 2023 Q1 and Q2, so we're now likely sitting at less than half what we used to get in 2020 and 2021. As Murray said, GM is giving what used to be the Canadian allocations to Japan, Australia and (mostly) Europe. If GM continues to expand allocations for those other markets and the trend continues of taking those away from Canada (leaving the US the same) then we'll continue to get fewer allocations as time goes on. So GM is purposely starving the Canadian C8 market. This has nothing to do with COVID but represents a marketing strategy shift, where Canada is the loser. With GM wanting to take on the Porsche market in Europe, I expect more Z06 allocations going to Europe and even fewer to Canada. Hence the reason I've put a deposit on the new mid-engine Lotus Emira. Good luck to my fellow Canucks who choose to wait for the fewer and fewer Canadian C8 Stingrays and Z06's...hopefully you're younger than me with more "driving time" down the road and don't mind doing without for another year or two or ?.

@netsinah I completely agree with your post above.

I'm super excited to soon grab my 23 and I'll likely need to hold onto it because these allocations are becoming very scarce. The same thing has happened with Porsche 911 allocations both for Canada and the US. The fact that the Z06 roll out has been a farce and we see production supply closure next week at BG, makes me think GM will continue to see issues with both Corvette models.

Crawl back into your oil well! :p
Quebec is a little over half the size of Ontario!
At least it was in 2019
Quebec/Population 8.485 million (2019)
Ontario/Population 14.57 million (2019)
Which well? I have both an oil well and a natural gas well....lol....

My apologies. I didn't realize you were referring to population. I was referring to land mass.

Ontario 1.076 million sq. km
Quebec 1.526 million sq. km

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.