Power User
Mar 4, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
Interesting, but I doubt that will happen unless demand for the Z06 is almost as high as for the Stingray. 60 per day would be one third of the C8 production.

CamsC8

CamsC8

Regular
Feb 16, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
That is a RV...
Province
ON
Didn't the C7 Z06 stats show 14k Z06 towards the end of its run? I commented on the other thread that as dealers have stopped taking Z06 deposits that demand has already outstripped GM's willingness to make a ton.

Great problem to have!

Vetteboy21

Vetteboy21

Casual User
Feb 6, 2021
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
C8 Born July 7 21
Province
AB
I'm hearing that Canadian allocations are curtailed due to it being winter and GM prioritizing US demand.

Although not in the same boat as I'm already an owner of a C8, I too am waiting on my next allocation. Unless GM opens the allocation taps after this unfortunate Tornado event, we will likely see our cars as 23's.
I was driving by Jack Carter in Calgary last week and there was a transport with 5 c8's unloading. Guess that puts the "no deliveries to Western Canada in the winter" theory to bed?

Reactions: Neils
Denis

Denis

Regular
Jun 7, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
I was driving by Jack Carter in Calgary last week and there was a transport with 5 c8's unloading. Guess that puts the "no deliveries to Western Canada in the winter" theory to bed?
chances are those 5 c8s have been shipped in the fall, and only now are arriving to the final destination.

CamsC8

CamsC8

Regular
Feb 16, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
That is a RV...
Province
ON

They are still shipping those vehicles that were ordered in the fall. What hasn't happened since mid-November are allocations provided to Canadian dealerships probably because of our winter. Therefore, no Canadian dealer was able to order more C8s. Hopefully that changes this month because by the time orders are queued for production, Canadians would roughly receive come April.

Reactions: Neils
Neils

Neils

Regular
Aug 26, 2021
Awards
VetteCoins
Province
QC
I think someone had a comment for this statement some time ago, but going to repeat it again. With the insane success and thru the roof demand GM has on their hands, they could easily open another vette plant, probably even with 2 shifts, and still not meet the global demands for this car, let alone the North American market. And with demand like that, heck even push the price up a bit more (I sure hope not) to enjoy the fruits of their success (instead of others profiting from it). Instead, it looks like the rule of keep supply (fairly) low to keep demand high will remain in place and the car will remain in high demand for many years to come, odds are keeping aftermarket pricing high as well. I know someone will come along as compare this to the C7 scenario of initial hype and it dying off after a short period (the previous comment I as referring to), but I doubt that comparison can be made here, this model has turned the automotive industry on it's head globally. Success is an understatement.

To the potential production numbers posted above for the Z06, with Canadian dealers having Z06 lists hundreds deep and some of the bigger US dealers with lists in the thousands long, with a potential production of 12k-15k per year, it will take several years (maybe up to 5 and beyond) just to meet that demand. Crazy just thinking about it. I am hoping the E-Ray falls into a sweet spot where not too many people are interested in it, and those of us wanting a Z06 looking car with good specs but less expensive and shorter wait list will benefit from that sweet spot.

In the meantime, as to the topic of this thread hoping for better Canadian deliveries (especially during the winter months) gonna be a long wait for many of us, and I honestly think that once the '23 model allocations come around, we will see better times, until then .... !!

D

DAL

Regular
Casual User
Aug 4, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2020 Vette,
Province
BC
Not to knock anyone but I read about people being on a list since last December still waiting.

I went to a smaller dealer, got on the list in August, got allocation in September and the car is due here any day now.

There are plenty of options out there, not sure why everyone is clamoring to be on one of 3 dealers lists
Exactly my experience. The smaller dealership offered an allocation and fast delivery without the dreaded dealer tax over and above MSRP.

H

Hanko_

Regular
Apr 2, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
22 C8 3LT Z51
Province
ON
Exactly my experience. The smaller dealership offered an allocation and fast delivery without the dreaded dealer tax over and above MSRP.
That's not always the case. I ordered from a small dealership in Feb, 2020. Milton, ON. Still waiting, although I'm told it's finally built.

Murray20c8

Murray20c8

Staff member
Power User
Mar 4, 2020
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
If I ordered from my small Uxbridge dealer July 2019 I'd still be waiting and only now 4th on the list. lol

Users who are viewing this thread