While we all seem to be aligned on the topic of my initial reason for this post, one positive thing I can take away from all of this, by being forced into a '23 allocation due to limited '22 numbers in the coming months, it allows me to wait and hopefully see an early release for the E-Ray including pricing, and hope that it is much less than the Z06, as it would be cool to have that option once '23 allocation rolls around. Anyone know if folks like BS are maintaining a separate list for the E-Ray or is it rolled into the Stingray list ? From what I recall only the Z06 are a separate list (for most dealers I believe). Either way, gives us more time to dream and pick a color and model.

Thanks for all the great feedback !!

Spencer’s currentlyonly has 2 lists- one for Stingrays and the other for everything else (Z06, E Ray, Zora etc)

Correct...and even with that if you wanted to pay the $5k for a custom VIN and jump the queue they will not allow it. Love that they are purely going by who was first in line with a deposit. Maybe we will see folks drop off the list and move to the ERay instead? Time will tell...

Correct...and even with that if you wanted to pay the $5k for a custom VIN and jump the queue they will not allow it. Love that they are purely going by who was first in line with a deposit. Maybe we will see folks drop off the list and move to the ERay instead? Time will tell...
Are they assuming that Z06 allocations will be given separately or do they know that from previous years. I'm curious since the Z06 will be limited production.

I hear you but for Bill Spencer to receive ZERO allocations in December...something has certainly changed! It also reinforces Rick Contis comment about them receiving the smallest number of allocations since C8 production began...
I was #10 with Spencer in November. Still #10. Given winter months, it makes sense why GM is slowing down orders for the North East and Canada and prioritizing elsewhere. For me I wanted to get the car in time for summer so it still works out if I get a call in late Jan or Feb.

I think the line will be greyed a bit on these wait lists, there are some Stingray buyers who might want to jump to an E-Ray (I might be one of them), in which case you lose your spot on one to then move over to a long line on the other (for those who were not considering an E-Ray initially and got the bug/interest only now). Then those who want an E-Ray are mixed in with the Z06 guys, but I guess that one works because the Z06 orders will start moving next year, and for those wanting to wait another year, they will probably step aside and let the E-Ray guys advance thru the list.

In the end, Cam you're right, for guys just wanting a Stingray, that list will move quicker (once supply is back for Canada) as many might be hopping lists. For me, I don't care about more performance on the E-Ray, but what does interest me is having a Z06 looking body without the high revving engine at a hopefully much cheaper price. I guess in the same spirit as the Grand Sport.

The question for those of us far down the list is whether a '23 means March or July/Aug/Sept order (whenever the '23 orders end). Only time will tell I guess (but I do have the E-Ray bug now, just love the wider body and wishbone side intakes).

I think the line will be greyed a bit on these wait lists, there are some Stingray buyers who might want to jump to an E-Ray (I might be one of them), in which case you lose your spot on one to then move over to a long line on the other (for those who were not considering an E-Ray initially and got the bug/interest only now). Then those who want an E-Ray are mixed in with the Z06 guys, but I guess that one works because the Z06 orders will start moving next year, and for those wanting to wait another year, they will probably step aside and let the E-Ray guys advance thru the list.

In the end, Cam you're right, for guys just wanting a Stingray, that list will move quicker (once supply is back for Canada) as many might be hopping lists. For me, I don't care about more performance on the E-Ray, but what does interest me is having a Z06 looking body without the high revving engine at a hopefully much cheaper price. I guess in the same spirit as the Grand Sport.

The question for those of us far down the list is whether a '23 means March or July/Aug/Sept order (whenever the '23 orders end). Only time will tell I guess (but I do have the E-Ray bug now, just love the wider body and wishbone side intakes).
It only took 18 months for my baby… forget about it until they call ya. Merry Christmas.

It only took 18 months for my baby… forget about it until they call ya. Merry Christmas.

My dealer has received (7) C8’s in 2020 and (8) in 2021 and so far has only received my 2022 back in September so allocations better pick up soon if 2022 production ends in May

Reactions: CamsC8
I know both Bill Spencer and Brian Cullen haven't received allocations since November so here's to hoping Canadian allocations start dropping this month!

For some of us waiting to order the 22, model year orders are only running until mid March with 22 production ending mid May. Some will be moved to 23s which is good as there's likely 60th anniversary options or color (s) offered.

Reactions: vinny's vette
My dealer (where I bought my C8 Stingray) has a list for both the C8 Z06 and the E-Ray. I'm #5 and #1 on each list, respectively (plus #16 on another dealer's list for a Z06). I find it odd that some dealers combine the lists, since they're 2 very different vehicles.

My dealer hasn't started any list for the ZR1 or Zora since he sees them as too far off into the future. However I've heard other dealers do have lists for those.

And CamsC8 the 2023 MY will be the 70th Corvette anniversary and you're right: most people take it as "a given" there will be a special edition or colours available, just as in prior landmark anniversary years.

My dealer (where I bought my C8 Stingray) has a list for both the C8 Z06 and the E-Ray. I'm #5 and #1 on each list, respectively (plus #16 on another dealer's list for a Z06). I find it odd that some dealers combine the lists, since they're 2 very different vehicles.
I have still not received a definitive answer on whether an allocation comes in just for a Z06. If so, then yes, a separate list makes sense. If not then a separate list does not make sense.

My dealer hasn't started any list for the ZR1 or Zora since he sees them as too far off into the future. However I've heard other dealers do have lists for those.

And CamsC8 the 2023 MY will be the 70th Corvette anniversary and you're right: most people take it as "a given" there will be a special edition or colours available, just as in prior landmark anniversary years.

I was wondering who was #1 on the list for the eray as I am # 2 there netsinah. Maybe we’ll eventually get them the same day.

BC also got ZERO cars in December so something is definitely up. This has not been the trend for them in the past. Hoping there is a big allocation in January, February, and March. Books open for 2023 on March 24th and production starts on May 9th.

Morgan Crosbie just confirmed on his YouTube channel that they haven't seen any allocations this winter and he's behind by about 12 allocations.

Perhaps we'll see the CDN dealers start to receive allocations this month with the March 16th order deadline approaching for 22s...
I sure hope you are right Cam. On one hand I am less worried now about getting a '22, as I am hopeful that there will be some new and exciting improvements made to the '23, including maybe a revamped interior, new colors etc. My guess is probably not because they have a good thing going and with the huge lineup of people on lists, there is no need to change something that works. It also pushes guys like me into the fall territory (maybe) where we might have the option to decide whether we want the Stingray or E-Ray, although if the E-Ray is considered a '23 model, allocations for those might go to March '23. And of course me being on a Stingray list instead of Z06 might squash the chance anyways of ordering an E-Ray when my time comes up.

Back to the topic, I hope you are right about Canadian allocations ramping up from next to nothing in the coming months, hopeful but doubtful too. Goes back to my initial fear, winter months here where nobody will drive the car, so why move plant inventory here when the hot sunny states can put the rubber to the road right away. Time will tell, let's see...

Back to the topic, I hope you are right about Canadian allocations ramping up from next to nothing in the coming months, hopeful but doubtful too. Goes back to my initial fear, winter months here where nobody will drive the car, so why move plant inventory here when the hot sunny states can put the rubber to the road right away. Time will tell, let's see...
It's all about production efficiency. GM could care less about the weather unless it makes sense for production. Of course it just might!

image_47285_58b7290c312a4ff297ccf8b5736f5e2c084202bf.jpg

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.