They are not one of the top dealers in Canada so their allocation could be 1 to 10 cars per year, so you might wait for many years.

I would recommend to keep your name on their list, and get on the list with one or few top dealers in Canada (they are all in southern Ontario)
Can you please recommend few dealers , that’ll be helpful, someone mentioned 2 I’m gonna look them up , thanks

Hi All,

I put a deposit down in August 2021 with a dealer (Etobicoke, Ontario) and was told I was 9th on the list and I'm aware it might take 12 to 18 months to get the car. I emailed the dealer a couple of weeks ago and he told me I was still 9th on the list and they have not received any allocations due chip shortage issues with GM and the storm damage a few months ago, blah blah blah. I've come to the conclusion that this dealer is probably a small dealer that doesnt really get any allocations, maybe 2 or 3 a year so I would be waiting 3 years for my number to be called.

So a couple of weeks ago I went into Wilson-Niblett and put another deposit down and got on their list. The sales guy at WN said they get about 100 Corvettes a year and they are the largest in Canada by volume. I'm on their list at around 170th (ugh). I've seen on previous threads Jeff Moore at WN is willing to share any information on deliveries, where you are on the list, etc. Has anyone had any contact with Jeff or WN lately and can they provide some insight as to how fast they are climbling the WN list?

Thanks

Hi All,

I put a deposit down in August 2021 with a dealer (Etobicoke, Ontario) and was told I was 9th on the list and I'm aware it might take 12 to 18 months to get the car. I emailed the dealer a couple of weeks ago and he told me I was still 9th on the list and they have not received any allocations due chip shortage issues with GM and the storm damage a few months ago, blah blah blah. I've come to the conclusion that this dealer is probably a small dealer that doesnt really get any allocations, maybe 2 or 3 a year so I would be waiting 3 years for my number to be called.

So a couple of weeks ago I went into Wilson-Niblett and put another deposit down and got on their list. The sales guy at WN said they get about 100 Corvettes a year and they are the largest in Canada by volume. I'm on their list at around 170th (ugh). I've seen on previous threads Jeff Moore at WN is willing to share any information on deliveries, where you are on the list, etc. Has anyone had any contact with Jeff or WN lately and can they provide some insight as to how fast they are climbling the WN list?

Thanks
Jeff is on here. He has been very forthcoming.
How soon you get a car all depends on the numbers. Canada will get it's 7 to 9% so I wouldn't worry. It might be a 2023, but the only change will be a price increase. Remember 2023's start in May. Still worth it for this car. They were the largest dealer but the numbers for the large 3 are so close it doesn't matter. It all depends on your position on their list.

Reactions: Lambeau Leaper
Hi All,

Thanks
keep in mind that as of May 09, 1/3rd of the production will be z06s so the dealers who get 100 C8s per year will now be getting around 67 c8s per year

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
keep in mind that as of May 09, 1/3rd of the production will be z06s so the dealers who get 100 C8s per year will now be getting around 67 c8s per year
That's a good point and requires one to know if their dealer is keeping 2 lists or 1

Exactly why they should have only one list IMHO!
I would imaging when a dealer gets their allocation, they will be told how many Z06’s they can have. Hence, a stingray list, a Z06 list, an E-Ray list, A Zora list, etc. IMHO.

I’ve been on a Z06 list for over a year now. It would suck if someone who’s been waiting for a stingray could jump the queue on a Z06.

Reactions: CamsC8
This is sitting at Applewood Chev in mississauga..

Attachments

• 20220228_120320.jpg
    20220228_120320.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
Having one "first come first served" list at a dealer doesn't IMHO make business sense and doesn't match what my dealer is doing and all the other dealers I've talked to in my area are doing (ie. they all have separate lists for the Stingray, ZO6 and E-Ray). And my understanding from my salesman is that in the past, there wasn't "one list" but rather the separate lists they have now, so this is nothing new for Corvettes.

But assume there's one list for everyone, regardless what type of C8 Corvette you want. I get on that list even though I already had/sold my C8 Stingray and don't want another. Now I'm in line with others for "just any type of C8". My dealer gets 40 allocations and there are 50 people in front of me on the list. Assume when pricing comes out, NONE of them want a ZO6 due to it being ++ more expensive than a Stingray...or they don't want a vehicle that feels "all the bumps" (rides differently than a Stingray), or other reasons, so ALL of those 40 allocations are for Stingrays. My dealer gets zero ZO6 allocations in this first release year. I wait until the next year, when my number 51 comes up on the list, to get a Z06. Assume this happens with Canadian dealers and US dealers as well, who all have only the one list. GM has a problem: it's released the 2023 ZO6 in the 2022 calendar year but no one is buying it (or very very few) because too many people for various reasons want the Stingray and they come first on "the one list". Then the same happens for the E-Ray. GM is unable to forecast who might buy a Z06 or E-Ray and when they will, so it produces very few of them (???) for the first model year. With this business model, it should sell only Stingrays and when the sales numbers for Stingrays decrease, only then should it start ramping up production for the ZO6, E-Ray, etc. If the sales numbers for Stingrays remains super high and those wanting Stingrays vastly outnumber those wanting the other variants, GM has this same problem beyond the first release year. Or alternatively, those wanting a ZO6 like me suddenly outnumber those wanting a Stingray in year two due to pent-up demand...so dealers are then clamouring for almost nothing but ZO6's in the 2023 calendar year: very few Stingrays are ordered and those wanting a Stingray are ++ unhappy. But again, how does GM plan its production for that scenario?

Instead, GM sets aside a smaller portion of its production (ie. one in every 3 to 5 C8's is a ZO6?) knowing most people will order the Stingray compared to the ZO6 (given past statistics) so it can hopefully sell whatever it makes of these new variants, try and make both the Stingray and ZO6 buyers happy, make a "new model splash" [have ZO6's on the road and catching the attention of future potential buyers] and better plan its production sequencing/numbers.

I now see the above post is my #1,000th post on the Forums which attracts an "addicted" trophy (?) according to the notification sent to me. Who knew???!!! When it comes to these Forums and anything C8-related, I suppose I am addicted. lol :Woohoo:

Last edited:
Wait until this Thursday folks...I believe we will see a whack load of allocations for Canadian dealers finishing off the 2022 model year C8s.

This also catches up the Canadian market for the allocations kept stateside during the winter. My prediction is that this Thursday and the first Thursday of April for the beginning of 2023 ordering (bring on Z06s baby) will be large allocations for Canada.

Its going to get ugly. If my allocation spills over to 2023, what stops me from ordering a Z06 ??? its going to get interesting.

It doesn't work that way unless your dealership kept one single list and even if they did that poses problems. Mainly because GM will limit the amount of Z06 that each dealer can order.

My dealership has always kept two lists; one for Stingrays and one for the specialty Corvettes (Z06, ERay, ZR1). So, if they receive 20 cars to start their 2023 ordering GM will say you can order 15 Stingrays and 5 Z06. The dealership would then pick the first 5 from the Z06 list and the next 15 from the Stingray list.

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and new to Corvette. Firstly, I would like to thank all the forum members that have contributed information to guide me through the process and a special thank you to Murray for his daily production updates. I put my deposit in on a 2021 C8 HTC with Gary Wu @ WN on October 27th, 2020. I finally received an allocation for a 2022 C8 HTC on November 13, 2021, my car was built on February 1, 2022 and delivered to WN on February 8, 2022. So my journey ended up being 475 days from deposit to delivery but it was all worth it when I heard that first cold start behind the wheel of my new Vette. Gary Wu and Chris Walters were great to work with and always kept me informed throughout the long process. My spec is a Torch Red 3LT non-Z51 HTC with body coloured High Wing, NPP, Q8T Wheels, front lift, mag ride, two tone adrenaline red seats etc. I live in Etobicoke and I am looking forward to joining you all in some of the cruises this spring and summer. For all of you still waiting, it is worth the wait but I only have 19 kms on it now since it has been at my detailer getting PPF on the front and ceramic coating (Feynlab) on the entire car. Special shout out to Rick at driverless delivery for safely transporting my car from WN to my detailer. For those of you that order the High Wing spoiler, it now comes with the mounting holes drilled from the factory even for non-Z51 cars. No longer need a template and the dealer to drill the holes.
IMG_E7235.JPG
IMG_7199.JPG
IMG_7173.JPG
IMG_1961.JPG

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and new to Corvette. Firstly, I would like to thank all the forum members that have contributed information to guide me through the process and a special thank you to Murray for his daily production updates. I put my deposit in on a 2021 C8 HTC with Gary Wu @ WN on October 27th, 2020. I finally received an allocation for a 2022 C8 HTC on November 13, 2021, my car was built on February 1, 2022 and delivered to WN on February 8, 2022. So my journey ended up being 475 days from deposit to delivery but it was all worth it when I heard that first cold start behind the wheel of my new Vette. Gary Wu and Chris Walters were great to work with and always kept me informed throughout the long process. My spec is a Torch Red 3LT non-Z51 HTC with body coloured High Wing, NPP, Q8T Wheels, front lift, mag ride, two tone adrenaline red seats etc. I live in Etobicoke and I am looking forward to joining you all in some of the cruises this spring and summer. For all of you still waiting, it is worth the wait but I only have 19 kms on it now since it has been at my detailer getting PPF on the front and ceramic coating (Feynlab) on the entire car. Special shout out to Rick at driverless delivery for safely transporting my car from WN to my detailer. For those of you that order the High Wing spoiler, it now comes with the mounting holes drilled from the factory even for non-Z51 cars. No longer need a template and the dealer to drill the holes.View attachment 93385View attachment 93386View attachment 93387View attachment 93388
Beautiful car!!! What did the front end PPF cost you? How far back did you go door/fender margin?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread