Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and new to Corvette. Firstly, I would like to thank all the forum members that have contributed information to guide me through the process and a special thank you to Murray for his daily production updates. I put my deposit in on a 2021 C8 HTC with Gary Wu @ WN on October 27th, 2020. I finally received an allocation for a 2022 C8 HTC on November 13, 2021, my car was built on February 1, 2022 and delivered to WN on February 8, 2022. So my journey ended up being 475 days from deposit to delivery but it was all worth it when I heard that first cold start behind the wheel of my new Vette. Gary Wu and Chris Walters were great to work with and always kept me informed throughout the long process. My spec is a Torch Red 3LT non-Z51 HTC with body coloured High Wing, NPP, Q8T Wheels, front lift, mag ride, two tone adrenaline red seats etc. I live in Etobicoke and I am looking forward to joining you all in some of the cruises this spring and summer. For all of you still waiting, it is worth the wait but I only have 19 kms on it now since it has been at my detailer getting PPF on the front and ceramic coating (Feynlab) on the entire car. Special shout out to Rick at driverless delivery for safely transporting my car from WN to my detailer. For those of you that order the High Wing spoiler, it now comes with the mounting holes drilled from the factory even for non-Z51 cars. No longer need a template and the dealer to drill the holes.View attachment 93385View attachment 93386View attachment 93387View attachment 93388
Congratulations! Really nice looking Vette! Hopefully I get to see you on the streets of Toronto. Only 19 days until the first day of spring!!

W/N really was a pleasure to deal with! Hopefully my wife will let me buy the Z06! 😃

I would imaging when a dealer gets their allocation, they will be told how many Z06’s they can have. Hence, a stingray list, a Z06 list, an E-Ray list, A Zora list, etc. IMHO.

I’ve been on a Z06 list for over a year now. It would suck if someone who’s been waiting for a stingray could jump the queue on a Z06.
It would suck if you got a Z06 before someone who has waited longer than you for their Stingray!
Having one list means you get your Z06 before someone gets a Stingray if you've waited longer. I fail to see how having one list hurts anyone and can only help keep things fair.

Reactions: Orrie Flick
Beautiful car!!! What did the front end PPF cost you? How far back did you go door/fender margin?
I had XPEL Ultimate PPF applied to the front clip (hood, front facia, front fenders up to the doors and mirrors) as a standard package and added the A pillars, roof line, rockers, door sills and boomerangs. You should budget around $3K for this work or around $2K if you just want the front clip done.

It would suck if you got a Z06 before someone who has waited longer than you for their Stingray!
Having one list means you get your Z06 before someone gets a Stingray if you've waited longer. I fail to see how having one list hurts anyone and can only help keep things fair.
No it wouldn’t! 😝
in my simple mind, they are 2 different cars.
Why would a dealer not accept their Z06 allocations? If you are saying that a person waiting for a stingray has the first right of refusal on a Z06 because they’ve been waiting longer than someone who has been waiting since 2020 for the Z06, then maybe.

I had XPEL Ultimate PPF applied to the front clip (hood, front facia, front fenders up to the doors and mirrors) as a standard package and added the A pillars, roof line, rockers, door sills and boomerangs. You should budget around $3K for this work or around $2K if you just want the front clip done.
Did mine with that entire package for just under $2K in BC.

No it wouldn’t! 😝
in my simple mind, they are 2 different cars.
Why would a dealer not accept their Z06 allocations? If you are saying that a person waiting for a stingray has the first right of refusal on a Z06 because they’ve been waiting longer than someone who has been waiting since 2020 for the Z06, then maybe.
No, that's not what I said, but that does bring up an interesting idea. If you want a Stingray and you've waited longer than the Z06 guy would you be offered the Z06 if it came up first?

The lawyers are going to have a great time with the dealers!!!! The "list" process is not in writing nor does it specify any model it simply holds a spot for an allocation, what you do with the allocation is your personal business and I bet there are a bunch of lawyers that will agree. Unless the dealers have something in writing that says people can't do it, there will be people challenging the system.

The lawyers are going to have a great time with the dealers!!!! The "list" process is not in writing nor does it specify any model it simply holds a spot for an allocation, what you do with the allocation is your personal business and I bet there are a bunch of lawyers that will agree. Unless the dealers have something in writing that says people can't do it, there will be people challenging the system.
You are right. It's an honour system

Are all the big dealers in Ontario? Are none of them in the West Coast? When I was asking around Dueck seemed to be the most confident in saying they get the most in the lower mainland.

Did you get a response from Dueck?
Was there a real allocation in February?

I really haven't had that good experience with Dueck or clear communication. It's always in ambiguous terms. My sale's person exact words were "we just got 10 just now" which I believe was referring to allocations. When I pressed for how many allocations they get a month he started saying "sometimes 10, sometimes 5, and sometimes none". Which leads me to believe the answer is probably 5ish. 10 seems to be the back up from getting nothing in the Winter, and none seems to be the Winter freeze.

If anyone has any experience with Dueck, I'd love to know.

You've been on so many lists and got so many cars I doubt anyone would have any sympathy for you! :p
Well I'm saying it wouldn't be fair!

I don't know why everyone thinks that just because they've been on a list for a while that they will be granted the ability to purchase a Z06. Dealers are keeping seperate lists. If not, then folks will win the lottery for sure.

I just know at my dealership it's based upon two lists.

Well I'm saying it wouldn't be fair!

I don't know why everyone thinks that just because they've been on a list for a while that they will be granted the ability to purchase a Z06. Dealers are keeping seperate lists. If not, then folks will win the lottery for sure.

I just know at my dealership it's based upon two lists.
It makes little to no difference right now, just wait a year or two. I suspect a convoy will block dealers with 2 lists! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Bucketoy
Sorry guys, I have it in writing from my dealer. No list required.
:fart:
napkin.png

Are all the big dealers in Ontario? Are none of them in the West Coast? When I was asking around Dueck seemed to be the most confident in saying they get the most in the lower mainland.

I really haven't had that good experience with Dueck or clear communication. It's always in ambiguous terms. My sale's person exact words were "we just got 10 just now" which I believe was referring to allocations. When I pressed for how many allocations they get a month he started saying "sometimes 10, sometimes 5, and sometimes none". Which leads me to believe the answer is probably 5ish. 10 seems to be the back up from getting nothing in the Winter, and none seems to be the Winter freeze.

If anyone has any experience with Dueck, I'd love to know.
I have purchased a Vette from Dueck. Great service and experience! Having said this, sometimes it is the small dealerships that only get 2-4 allocations/year that one can actually get a car quickly and at MSRP. This was the case when I bought the C8. Small dealer, no inflated fees, great service and immediate access to promised allocations. It really is “a roll of the dice.”

Reactions: Murray20c8
I have purchased a Vette from Dueck. Great service and experience! Having said this, sometimes it is the small dealerships that only get 2-4 allocations/year that one can actually get a car quickly and at MSRP. This was the case when I bought the C8. Small dealer, no inflated fees, great service and immediate access to promised allocations. It really is “a roll of the dice.”

I should say, it's just the communication that's been poor. Really wish it wasn't like pulling teeth to just get a straight forward number of where I am on the list. I remember calling in and asking if I could speak to my sales person, and he wasn't in, so the receptionist transferred me to the other person who dealt with C8 orders and he was so rude. Told me to call the sales person I was dealing with and ask him and hung up on me.

I can't comment much on the service and experience.

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
I should say, it's just the communication that's been poor. Really wish it wasn't like pulling teeth to just get a straight forward number of where I am on the list. I remember calling in and asking if I could speak to my sales person, and he wasn't in, so the receptionist transferred me to the other person who dealt with C8 orders and he was so rude. Told me to call the sales person I was dealing with and ask him and hung up on me.

I can't comment much on the service and experience.
Maybe contact senior management.

I'm a bit worried about trying to rustle too many feathers because ultimately, I don't know if it'll jeopardize the chances of getting my car or not.
understand but if you don’t pursue it a little then

there may not be any feathers to ruffle

hint: your not on the list or anywhere near the top or even the middle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread