Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to get the car after it’s built. Mine is currently 4300 status and I’m told it’s in Kansas City with Union Pacific…I’m in Alberta and am curious how long of a wait it’ll be?

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes to get the car after it’s built. Mine is currently 4300 status and I’m told it’s in Kansas City with Union Pacific…I’m in Alberta and am curious how long of a wait it’ll be?

From the day my car was built, it took about a month for it to arrive in Calgary. I'm not sure how long it hung around at the plant (quality control issues??) or if it did. I know it was at 4300 (like yours) on September 10/20 and my salesman said it had been shipped as of September 14. It came by train and arrived in Calgary on September 26 then was loaded onto a truck and delivered to the dealer later that same day. That was a Saturday and it was "unwrapped" on the following Monday. Then the dealer needed it for a few days to get it ready. I picked it up on the following Saturday (October 3) since I needed the w/e to get off work. I was only able to drive it for about a month, due to winter's arrival.

Different things can happen but that tells you my experience. Your wait is almost over and lucky you: great timing, with Spring here and the rest of the driving season ahead of you!

From the day my car was built, it took about a month for it to arrive in Calgary. I'm not sure how long it hung around at the plant (quality control issues??) or if it did. I know it was at 4300 (like yours) on September 10/20 and my salesman said it had been shipped as of September 14. It came by train and arrived in Calgary on September 26 then was loaded onto a truck and delivered to the dealer later that same day. That was a Saturday and it was "unwrapped" on the following Monday. Then the dealer needed it for a few days to get it ready. I picked it up on the following Saturday (October 3) since I needed the w/e to get off work. I was only able to drive it for about a month, due to winter's arrival.

Different things can happen but that tells you my experience. Your wait is almost over and lucky you: great timing, with Spring here and the rest of the driving season ahead of you!
Thanks for the info. I’m hoping to have it ready by the end of the month!

glad my rather direct suggestion may have been somewhat helpful

the process is really flawed

dealerships MUST GIVE TOU A LIST EVERY 30 DAYS SHOWING WHERE YOU ARE

GM WHERE ARE YOU……….SILENCE IS DEAFANING
i.e. Bob S is now 62ed and a list of the names with just first names and a last initial no privacy laws broken

that way it is transparent although Sherwood park crooked chev has a list with their own names on it for suckers. ever customers who want to pay 40-50 over msrp
I saw it and was asked to pay 44 over last year
oof. I'm on that list... no updates in a while. used to get a reply via email

Deposit June 3rd 2021
Allocation may 15th 2022
Arrived at the dealership this morning.
June 27th

Attachments

• 20220627_093947.jpg
    20220627_093947.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Hey everyone! Any recent timelines for how long shipping has been taking to get to Canada? My 2023 car was built on June 16th and I'm trying to figure out as to when it will show up to Edmonton, Alberta.

My dealer doesn't seem to have any updates, or at least they are not as on top of it as I would be lol

Thanks!

Hey everyone! Any recent timelines for how long shipping has been taking to get to Canada? My 2023 car was built on June 16th and I'm trying to figure out as to when it will show up to Edmonton, Alberta.

My dealer doesn't seem to have any updates, or at least they are not as on top of it as I would be lol

Thanks!
Mine was built June 15th. It arrived at the dealership this morning. Ontario

Thanks!
My car was built June 8th and delivered to Ontario in 10 days

Wow, you guys in ON are so lucky. My dealer in AB doesn't even have any updates to share yet.... I'm sure it has to be on the move by now from Bowling Green as it's been 12 days since it was built....If only there was a way to track the location/shipping updates without constantly asking sales reps at the dealer.
Can anyone from Western Canada share some insight?

Reactions: kerry4
Wow, you guys in ON are so lucky. My dealer in AB doesn't even have any updates to share yet.... I'm sure it has to be on the move by now from Bowling Green as it's been 12 days since it was built....If only there was a way to track the location/shipping updates without constantly asking sales reps at the dealer.
Your dealer should be able to see the build code of your car. Code 4200 is the code when it has been shipped. Guys out west here typically say it takes longer to get your Vette in the west due to the change of carriers after it leaves BG. And welcome to the forum. :Biggrin:

Your dealer should be able to see the build code of your car. Code 4200 is the code when it has been shipped. Guys out west here typically say it takes longer to get your Vette in the west due to the change of carriers after it leaves BG. And welcome to the forum. :Biggrin:
My dealer has not been of any use so far outside of getting the order placed. I confirmed that my car was built on June 16th, and ever since it has been crickets. Seems odd that it hasn’t at the very least left Bowling Green Kentucky in the 12 days.

It may have left BG. Your dealer is a dink.
And you were right. I just confirmed with the dealer that it did indeed leave Bowling Green on Friday June 24th and it landed in Kansas City plant yard today June 27th. It looks like it is Bayed and Ready as well. It is now up to Union Pacific Railroad to get it moved further. No idea which path it will take now, or how long until it gets moving from Kansas City.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hang tight. My dealership didn't have any updates either last time I called. Two or three days later they called me and said it's here.

And you were right. I just confirmed with the dealer that it did indeed leave Bowling Green on Friday June 24th and it landed in Kansas City plant yard today June 27th. It looks like it is Bayed and Ready as well. It is now up to Union Pacific Railroad to get it moved further. No idea which path it will take now, or how long until it gets moving from Kansas City.
Hang tight. My dealership didn't have any updates either last time I called. Two or three days later they called me and said it's here.

Dealers salesmen are given different access to Workbench by the dealerships GM / owner. Workbench knows where the car is at all times. It also has an ETA for the car. Of course ETA IS just an estimate. UPR is notorious for being unpredictable, but remember your dealer can always tell where it is whether the salesman has access to it or not.
There is also a rail tracking part on Workbench. AFAIK it might just be for the U.S. but I personally don't have access to Workbench.

Reactions: kerry4
Does anyone on here have access to FreightVerify or know someone that does by any chance? If anyone figured out another way to track approximate location of the vehicle using VIN number, please share. Thanks!

Does anyone on here have access to FreightVerify or know someone that does by any chance? If anyone figured out another way to track approximate location of the vehicle using VIN number, please share. Thanks!
My car was stock in Ingersoll for nearly 28 days not moving and waiting to be loaded on a train. Rumors are that there is a strike or they are missing employees to load cars or they are missing wagon to load the car.
I got a call from my saleman yesterday and my car was moving... on a truck. My Corvette, with 9 other Corvette, was put on a truck directly from Ingersoll to Sherbrooke Quebec. 3 Corvette were dedicated to my dealers and all others were going to other dealers in the area. I have been to the dealer and we were able to follow the car moving on FreightVerify and it was very accurate. In fact, the car arrived with only 30 delay versus the information on the screen. I should get the car tomorrow.
I would say that all dealer has access to FreightVerify and they can check the location of the cars that are dedicated to their location. Not sure that they can check cars that are produced for other dealers.

My car was stock in Ingersoll for nearly 28 days not moving and waiting to be loaded on a train. Rumors are that there is a strike or they are missing employees to load cars or they are missing wagon to load the car.
I got a call from my saleman yesterday and my car was moving... on a truck. My Corvette, with 9 other Corvette, was put on a truck directly from Ingersoll to Sherbrooke Quebec. 3 Corvette were dedicated to my dealers and all others were going to other dealers in the area. I have been to the dealer and we were able to follow the car moving on FreightVerify and it was very accurate. In fact, the car arrived with only 30 delay versus the information on the screen. I should get the car tomorrow.
I would say that all dealer has access to FreightVerify and they can check the location of the cars that are dedicated to their location. Not sure that they can check cars that are produced for other dealers.
Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about your delay. Do you know what "flightpath" your car took from Bowling Green? Did it go directly to Ontario from Bowling Green and then sat there? When was your build date?

By the looks of it my car was built on June 16th, then left Bowling Green on June 24th and arrived to Kansas City on June 27th. From there it is supposedly going to go via Union Pacific to the next destination (which dealer is unaware of as of yet).

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear about your delay. Do you know what "flightpath" your car took from Bowling Green? Did it go directly to Ontario from Bowling Green and then sat there? When was your build date?

By the looks of it my car was built on June 16th, then left Bowling Green on June 24th and arrived to Kansas City on June 27th. From there it is supposedly going to go via Union Pacific to the next destination (which dealer is unaware of as of yet).
My car was built on May 26 and left Bowling Green early the week after to get to Ingersoll Ontario on June 2nd. As your car goes to USA I am not sure that the same system (FreightVerify) works over there or if they are using a different system. Good luck to get your car soon. What is the final destination?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread