understand but if you don’t pursue it a little then

there may not be any feathers to ruffle

hint: your not on the list or anywhere near the top or even the middle

Well that's worrying lol...

I decided to call in again, (shocker, the inventory manager in charge is no where to be found again), so after a chat with the receptionist, I asked to speak to any manager. Got transfered to the sales manager and maybe finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

Told me he'd get back to me but warned me it might be another 12-18 months on top of waiting 12 months. (a 3 year wait for a supposedly big BC dealership sounds absurd)

EDIT: Well some random ass dude just called from the dealership asking me who I made the deposit with because apparently they can't find it... and when I asked "am I not on the list" he answered that's not what I said and said he'd get back to me... what a giant.

EDIT: Got an answer back and was told I'm 62nd. Which either means I got pushed back or my sales rep has been lying to me for months. Said I was 60th back in August and then said I'm probably 50th a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Update 3:

Absolutely disgusting response from my sales rep when I asked him why the sales manager told me 62nd when he told me 60th back in August and 50th last month.

And his response was repulsive. He told me I went behind his back and asked the sales manager and that if I want I can take my money back and when I asked him why he told me these numbers if they weren't accurate and he said "I said what I said I'm not going to argue I don't need this stress"

He knows I'm not going to walk away after waiting 12 months but sickening and disgusting response by this clown.

Update 3:

Absolutely disgusting response from my sales rep when I asked him why the sales manager told me 62nd when he told me 60th back in August and 50th last month.

And his response was repulsive. He told me I went behind his back and asked the sales manager and that if I want I can take my money back and when I asked him why he told me these numbers if they weren't accurate and he said "I said what I said I'm not going to argue I don't need this stress"

He knows I'm not going to walk away after waiting 12 months but sickening and disgusting response by this clown.
Man, maybe you should get on a 2nd list at one of the top 3 dealer in Ontario just in case your current dealer screws you over

Man, maybe you should get on a 2nd list at one of the top 3 dealer in Ontario just in case your current dealer screws you over
Even though I'm in Vancouver? Isn't the wait list going to be similar?

I'm calling around to my local Porsche dealerships as well. What a night and day difference in how they handle customers. Told me the entire process, told me he calls his customers every 3 months to update them, ask them if they're still interested etc... that's all I really wanted.

Well that's worrying lol...

I decided to call in again, (shocker, the inventory manager in charge is no where to be found again), so after a chat with the receptionist, I asked to speak to any manager. Got transfered to the sales manager and maybe finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

Told me he'd get back to me but warned me it might be another 12-18 months on top of waiting 12 months. (a 3 year wait for a supposedly big BC dealership sounds absurd)

EDIT: Well some random ass dude just called from the dealership asking me who I made the deposit with because apparently they can't find it... and when I asked "am I not on the list" he answered that's not what I said and said he'd get back to me... what a giant.

EDIT: Got an answer back and was told I'm 62nd. Which either means I got pushed back or my sales rep has been lying to me for months. Said I was 60th back in August and then said I'm probably 50th a few weeks ago.
glad my rather direct suggestion may have been somewhat helpful

the process is really flawed

dealerships MUST GIVE TOU A LIST EVERY 30 DAYS SHOWING WHERE YOU ARE

GM WHERE ARE YOU……….SILENCE IS DEAFANING
i.e. Bob S is now 62ed and a list of the names with just first names and a last initial no privacy laws broken

that way it is transparent although Sherwood park crooked chev has a list with their own names on it for suckers. ever customers who want to pay 40-50 over msrp
I saw it and was asked to pay 44 over last year

Final update (and I hate doing this because I don't want to turn this into a thread about my experience) but for those of you who are curious:

After my sales rep was extremely rude, I was worried but the manager from Dueck Downtown called me and I explained the situation and he told me that was unacceptable. Honestly it was a relief hearing someone wanting to listen and he told me how it was worrying hearing all this and that he was going to get to the bottom of it even though he didn't have to do anything since this isn't his dealership. But he reached out anyways and the sales manager reached out again from Dueck on Marine and assured me that sales rep was having a bad day (because he gave it to him earlier for not following up with me) and that in no way will this affect my reservation standing.

I told him I don't want to rock the boat because I don't want to be punished for it or create more drama and he told me no no it's perfectly fine to voice these concerns and he re-assured me everything will be fine. So I really want to give a shoutout to the sales manager at Dueck Downtown, an absolute gem of a person that I reached out in desperation. I wish I could do something for him but I can't even change my order to there because they have seperate lists.

I also did go ahead and put my name down at Bill Spencer. I now have that as my second deposit and I also am going to go and put my name down at a Porsche dealership just in case. I will say, Bill Spencer and Porsche Vancouver were night and day. Spencer told me "here's what we've got, here's what we're expecting, here's our list, here's where we think you'll land if these numbers hold true" and I asked him if it's okay if I call back in 8 months for an update (scarred from my current sales rep) and he said of course, call whenever you want. The Porsche rep told me his process is just as transparent, told me if I put a deposit down that I can expect a call every 3 months updating me on my position, if anyone's dropped out, if I still want the car, and any updates along the way. This is how it should be.

I'm not upset having to wait for my car, but I am upset at the customer service I've gotten and that's all I really wanted, some sort of transparency and my minds definitely at ease now. Appreciate all those that reached out to help.

Final update (and I hate doing this because I don't want to turn this into a thread about my experience) but for those of you who are curious:

After my sales rep was extremely rude, I was worried but the manager from Dueck Downtown called me and I explained the situation and he told me that was unacceptable. Honestly it was a relief hearing someone wanting to listen and he told me how it was worrying hearing all this and that he was going to get to the bottom of it even though he didn't have to do anything since this isn't his dealership. But he reached out anyways and the sales manager reached out again from Dueck on Marine and assured me that sales rep was having a bad day (because he gave it to him earlier for not following up with me) and that in no way will this affect my reservation standing.

I told him I don't want to rock the boat because I don't want to be punished for it or create more drama and he told me no no it's perfectly fine to voice these concerns and he re-assured me everything will be fine. So I really want to give a shoutout to the sales manager at Dueck Downtown, an absolute gem of a person that I reached out in desperation. I wish I could do something for him but I can't even change my order to there because they have seperate lists.

I also did go ahead and put my name down at Bill Spencer. I now have that as my second deposit and I also am going to go and put my name down at a Porsche dealership just in case. I will say, Bill Spencer and Porsche Vancouver were night and day. Spencer told me "here's what we've got, here's what we're expecting, here's our list, here's where we think you'll land if these numbers hold true" and I asked him if it's okay if I call back in 8 months for an update (scarred from my current sales rep) and he said of course, call whenever you want. The Porsche rep told me his process is just as transparent, told me if I put a deposit down that I can expect a call every 3 months updating me on my position, if anyone's dropped out, if I still want the car, and any updates along the way. This is how it should be.

I'm not upset having to wait for my car, but I am upset at the customer service I've gotten and that's all I really wanted, some sort of transparency and my minds definitely at ease now. Appreciate all those that reached out to help.
glad you now have a plan B and plan C.

What Porsche did you order/get on the list for?

glad you now have a plan B and plan C.

What Porsche did you order/get on the list for?

A 718 Cayman GTS 4.0. Would've been absolutely over the moon if I could have gotten a GT4 but they're all spoken for and I don't even think Porsche is making anymore, with the RS coming out and then also the 718 facelift coming soon. At that price is fairly similar to what my C8 build was going to come out to.

Reactions: DenisC8
Allow me to share my experience with a reputable and honest dealership (Spencer). I put my deposit last March, currently #4 on the list. They expect to give me an allocation call this Thursday! Throughout the process, Andrew Spencer has been simply outstanding. Replied to every email throughout the year, and confirmed today that they expect my allocation later this week. All in all, 12 months wait (happy as I wanted the car this spring regardless due to work travel last year). Couldn’t have timed it better 😎

Allow me to share my experience with a reputable and honest dealership (Spencer). I put my deposit last March, currently #4 on the list. They expect to give me an allocation call this Thursday! Throughout the process, Andrew Spencer has been simply outstanding. Replied to every email throughout the year, and confirmed today that they expect my allocation later this week. All in all, 12 months wait (happy as I wanted the car this spring regardless due to work travel last year). Couldn’t have timed it better 😎

Well said! We've bought two vehicles from Bill Spencer in the past two years and nothing but praise.

Fully expect there will be large allocations in Canada this week to close out the 2022 model year.

Update for closing out the 22s:

No allocations today but next week is when Canadian dealers receive second half allocations. They don't normally receive vette allocations in the second half but GM could surprise everyone fulfilling what's been restricted for 2022s
I hope you are right....................although I would have to change my order with the Mag ride constraint.:(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread