Kevin,

Your dealership would have received its total allotment for "Phase 1" (of 2) of the 2020 model year in late July. If they didn't receive any, they're not getting any before, I would say, June. If they have, but you're waiting in line, you may still be waiting a while.
Just sent a txt to my Chevy Dealer they just sent me this... "We are getting 3 in the 1st phase" so I will take that as wicked great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my question is why can't I order? This is getting kind of frustrating for an excited new customer.

Perplexed,

Kevin

Okay hummmmmmm …. Anyone know a dealership close to Ottawa that might have allotment #s available ???? Also here would be a secondary question is another allotment going to come out to dealers in Canada for the Spyder Version???

Cheers,

Kevin

If I were a betting man, I would say that every dealership has at least double the number of deposits as they do allotments available for Phase 1 of the 2020MY.

There is no such thing as allotment for convertibles. A Corvette is a Corvette. However you order it is how it will be built.

If I were a betting man, I would say that every dealership has at least double the number of deposits as they do allotments available for Phase 1 of the 2020MY.

There is no such thing as allotment for convertibles. A Corvette is a Corvette. However you order it is how it will be built.
EJ I sent a txt to my dealership and they told me they were allotted 3 in phase 1 and I am 1st on the list.

Cheers,

Kevin

Reactions: OL Yeller
Just sent a txt to my Chevy Dealer they just sent me this... "We are getting 3 in the 1st phase" so I will take that as wicked great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my question is why can't I order? This is getting kind of frustrating for an excited new customer.

Perplexed,

Kevin

So they are getting 3 Corvettes for the first half of the model year. That's what GM said they will get. This doesn't mean GM will accept the orders yet. Orders will be accepted on a month-by-month basis, until further notice. Only seven 2020 Corvettes have been accepted by GM for production as of today.

Right now, you can place your order with the dealership, but GM won't accept it until they choose to.

So they are getting 3 Corvettes for the first half of the model year. That's what GM said they will get. This doesn't mean GM will accept the orders yet. Orders will be accepted on a month-by-month basis, until further notice. Only seven 2020 Corvettes have been accepted by GM for production as of today.

Right now, you can place your order with the dealership, but GM won't accept it until they choose to.
Is that why we could not get a price when all the options were entered into they system on Tuedsay?

Is that why we could not get a price when all the options were entered into they system on Tuedsay?

Official pricing has not been released. Your salesperson will need to work harder and use the pricing guide and the officially released numbers to make an estimate.

The documents are available in the Forum. Do a quick search and you'll find them.

Official pricing has not been released. Your salesperson will need to work harder and use the pricing guide and the officially released numbers to make an estimate.

The documents are available in the Forum. Do a quick search and you'll find them.
Have that thanks to some great folks here :) its all the other options that I guess are still to be listed like the carbon flash and carbon fiber options

Not only was the Vert revealed last evening but the C8-R was also there.
Have a listen to the engine. Kind of weird

Yup! It uses a flat-plane crankshaft instead of the traditional cross-plane crank. This allows for higher RPM than we've ever seen in a GM small block.

Not only was the Vert revealed last evening but the C8-R was also there.
Have a listen to the engine. Kind of weird

Well, I guess it's official. Now the Vette even sounds like a "European" exotic. Not that that is a bad thing, exotics sound absolutely fantastic at full battle cry. They just doesn't sound very, well...."Vette-y".

As I have mentioned before, I have absolutely no doubt it's a superior car (IE: performance) to every Vette that's come before it. But other than the name and the badging, it's lost all it's "Vette-ness" to my eyes (and ears). It's essentially just another "Euro - supercar" now.

Oh well, time, tides, progress and all that jazz I guess.

I'll just keep enjoying my squeaky, rattly, "slow" C4 that gets random thumbs up from total strangers and sings that melodious Gen1 small block warble every where we go....even if we are no longer the first ones to get there......;)

However, if I had a spare 100-ish grand lying around, I'd probably have a C8 in the garage too. It is a nice looking car that will probably be able to go toe to toe with the other "ultra-exotics" on the market. But it wouldn't pop my C4 out of it's cozy spot on the floor epoxy.....a C8 would just have to find a way to squeeze in between the C4, the Fox Mustang autocrosser, the Yamaha Venture/Vmax and the FJ1200. Hmmm, I would probably have to flip it up on it's side and slide it in to fit....lol!

Last edited:
Well, I guess it's official. Now the Vette even sounds like a "European" exotic. Not that that is a bad thing, exotics sound absolutely fantastic at full battle cry. They just doesn't sound very, well...."Vette-y".

As I have mentioned before, I have absolutely no doubt it's a superior car (IE: performance) to every Vette that's come before it. But other than the name and the badging, it's lost all it's "Vette-ness" to my eyes (and ears). It's essentially just another "Euro - supercar" now.

Oh well, time, tides, progress and all that jazz I guess.

I'll just keep enjoying my squeaky, rattly, "slow" C4 that gets random thumbs up from total strangers and sings that melodious Gen1 small block warble every where we go....even if we are no longer the first ones to get there......;)

However, if I had a spare 100-ish grand lying around, I'd probably have a C8 in the garage too. It is a nice looking car that will probably be able to go toe to toe with the other "ultra-exotics" on the market. But it wouldn't pop my C4 out of it's cozy spot on the floor epoxy.....a C8 would just have to find a way to squeeze in between the C4, the Fox Mustang autocrosser, the Yamaha Venture/Vmax and the FJ1200. Hmmm, I would probably have to flip it up on it's side and slide it in to fit....lol!

Only the Z06 is supposedly going to get the flat-plane crank V8 engine. The Stingray still has the "American" cross-plane crank V8 like the Corvettes of old.

I still don't think it sounds like a European supercar - those al low displacement, super-high revving engines, mostly with more than 8 cylinders. The engine in the Corvette is likely to still be large displacement and, although it'll rev higher than 6,500rpm, it won't be 9,000 or 10,000 like the Euro cars.

At the end of the day, at least it's not a V6. IIRC, it's the last V8-powered supercar left.

Only the Z06 is supposedly going to get the flat-plane crank V8 engine. The Stingray still has the "American" cross-plane crank V8 like the Corvettes of old.

I still don't think it sounds like a European supercar - those al low displacement, super-high revving engines, mostly with more than 8 cylinders. The engine in the Corvette is likely to still be large displacement and, although it'll rev higher than 6,500rpm, it won't be 9,000 or 10,000 like the Euro cars.

At the end of the day, at least it's not a V6. IIRC, it's the last V8-powered supercar left.
V6 isn't exactly a bad thing. My F-150 has the ecoboost 3.5 twin turbo in it and it's a monster.

Where else can you find a showroom stock v6 truck that does high 13's in the 1/4? 375 hp and 420 tq, that's just crazy numbers for a V6, let alone a 3.5 cu/in. Not to mention, 425-450 hp is not much more than a calibration and exhaust change away.

In fact, more than once I've found myself considering pulling the 302 in the Mustang and seeing if I could slip a 3.5 ecoboost in there. Sure, it's not a V8, but we're back to the "time and tides" argument about progress again. At the base of it all, I'm still a V8 carb guy. But it's hard to argue with the performance of newer iron, no matter how many jugs it has.....

Last edited:
Reactions: LE BARON
V6 isn't exactly a bad thing. My F-150 has the ecoboost 3.5 twin turbo in it and it's a monster.

Where else can you find a showroom stock v6 truck that does high 13's in the 1/4? 375 hp and 420 tq, that's just crazy numbers for a V6, let alone a 3.5 cu/in. Not to mention, 425-450 hp is not much more than a calibration and exhaust change away.

In fact, more than once I've found myself considering pulling the 302 in the Mustang and seeing if I could slip a 3.5 ecoboost in there. Sure, it's not a V8, but we're back to the "time and tides" argument about progress again. At the base of it all, I'm still a V8 carb guy. But it's hard to argue with the performance of newer iron, no matter how many jugs it has.....

Wait, you were just complaining that the Corvette no longer has the sound of an American V8, and now you're saying that a V6 is just fine?

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Wait, you were just complaining that the Corvette no longer has the sound of an American V8, and now you're saying that a V6 is just fine?
yep.

I also said I'm a v8 carb guy, but a v6 that makes 375 hp is nothing to sneeze at. Even less so at 450 hp. And yep, I have thought about swapping one into the mustang.

And "complaining" is a rather heavy word for what I said. I wasn't so much complaining as stating. Corvette's have had the SBC sound since the early 60's and the new one (the R version at least) had mostly a European sound in that video. At least that's what it sounded like to me, other ears may hear it differently. Nothing wrong with different people seeing things differently. Makes for a nice, healthy and civilized debate.

Considering how much else they've changed in the C8, at this point, swapping in a monster V6 wouldn't be that big of a deal. As long as it hits the performance numbers that is. Would be cool to have a couple engine choices actually. Monster TT V6, small block and a big block. That would be a cool lineup, but woudl also likley drive up prices as opposed to the one engine option.....

yep.

I also said I'm a v8 carb guy, but a v6 that makes 375 hp is nothing to sneeze at. Even less so at 450 hp. And yep, I have thought about swapping one into the mustang.

And "complaining" is a rather heavy word for what I said. I wasn't so much complaining as stating. Corvette's have had the SBC sound since the early 60's and the new one (the R version at least) had mostly a European sound in that video. At least that's what it sounded like to me, other ears may hear it differently. Nothing wrong with different people seeing things differently. Makes for a nice, healthy and civilized debate.

Considering how much else they've changed in the C8, atthis point, swapping in a monster V6 wouldn't be that big of a deal. As long as it hits the performance numbers that is.....

Fair enough re: complaining.

I can see them going for 700-850bhp in the C8 Z06. I don't think a V6 could do this while maintaining OEM factory reliability, hence them sticking with the V8.

Each manufacturer is doing different things to attain higher fuel efficiency and lower emissions. Ford is going small-engine with turbos, GM is going with cylinder deactivation, and FCA is... well, I think they're ignoring it altogether. haha

That being said, the engine in the Corvette is technically a SBC, as far as we know. The LT2 in the Stingray is. The only change is the style of the crankshaft in the Z06. I'm sure it's not going to be a DOHC engine, which would really make it "non-American".

As shown in the video I linked above, the Shelby GT350 has a flat-plane, and I think it sounds great!

Edited to add: If you throw OEM reliability out the window, DTM race cars are running 2.0L turbocharged inline 4-cyl engines right now. They're pumping out a crazy 600whp!!!

Convertible highlights:Electric powered hardtop can be operated at speeds up to 48 kph, retracting in as little as 16 secondsGlass behind driver and passenger can be power adjusted up or downNo compromise in cargo capacities!Choice of body colour or Carbon Flash painted roofPriced from $9,000 more than Stringray Coupe 1LT (approximately $79,000)Start of Production anticipated late Q1 2020CY

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.