Do you mean Tom Brady's wife Gisele Bündchen or the singer Gisela?
My wife is prettier than Doutzen Kroes and if she asks, that's what I said OK?
When (and if) I get my corvette I'll try and upgrade. ;) If she is looking over my shoulder ... J/K my dear.
You should run for office - LOL!! I'd vote for you!!

You have a real nice car: love the color. Can't tell if it is a coupe or convertible? Where up north do you live. I am originally from Ontario - London. I guess your driving season is short eh? I really like my C7 - so, not a big deal; but , I really like the C8 - know for 100% when I see one at my local dealer. Your wife sounds like mine - is she German as well?
My wife is sitting across from me and her curiosity arose when I started laughing at your post. I read her the recent forum comments and in response to your question "is your wife German too", her immediate response was "jawohl". (think Hogan's Heroes-Sgt. Shultz)

Actually my wife is from the Vancouver area and has Scottish/English ancestry. Ha ha

I from/living in the Soo.....yes short driving season.....still one month away...just started washing the roads/streets!

My car is a coupe!

My wife is sitting across from me and her curiosity arose when I started laughing at your post. I read her the recent forum comments and in response to your question "is your wife German too", her immediate response was "jawohl". (think Hogan's Heroes-Sgt. Shultz)

Actually my wife is from the Vancouver area and has Scottish/English ancestry. Ha ha

I from/living in the Soo.....yes short driving season.....still one month away...just started washing the roads/streets!

My car is a coupe!
Nice place the Soo. Scottish blood - don't like to spend money - squeak when they walk - LOL. I've been driving mine since mar.. I could have do so in Feb.; but it was quite cold here.

• Haha
Reactions: Cobravenomous
Nice place the Soo. Scottish blood - don't like to spend money - squeak when they walk - LOL. I've been driving mine since mar.. I could have do so in Feb.; but it was quite cold here.

I'm English/Scottish ancestry too.....my mother was right from Yorkshire.....I'm very frugal, but when I spend I always have to have "the top of the line"! You get what you pay for!

Wife's from Richmond.....her brother has a C-6 and he lives Ladner, other brother in South Surrey and my brother is Surrey, sister in Delta, so I hear all the time how much earlier and longer your spring and summer season is....ha ha

I'm English/Scottish ancestry too.....my mother was right from Yorkshire.....I'm very frugal, but when I spend I always have to have "the top of the line"! You get what you pay for!

Wife's from Richmond.....her brother has a C-6 and he lives Ladner, other brother in South Surrey and my brother is Surrey, sister in Delta, so I hear all the time how much earlier and longer your spring and summer season is....ha ha
Hey, I know some guys from the corvette club; maybe, I'll know him? Richmond probably 70% Asian: we lived there and build here in W.V. 35 years ago. WV now Asian and Persian - we white are a minority almost.

Nice. I would have went with red calipers though - to each it's own. The car will look great man. I had a vert (same color) ordered ($97K) - $10K down, trade my C7 in and cash sitting there to pay for it. Told my wife - she was apoplectic - had to cancel - not a happy camper.:mad::mad: Still might order a 2021 if I can find away to placate her - will be hard.

Maybe you will have invest in both a new car and a new wife.... :rofl:

We're the ones that made that video months back, this is a great topic.

After owning my car, I'd say the best value combination is the performance exhaust + 2LT. With 2LT you get all the tech stuff included and with the perf exhaust, you're getting a better sound from your car as well as all the REAL performance that Z51 would give you (minus the brakes). The exhaust itself is what gives the car 5 extra horses and torque and makes the car launch to 0-60 in 2.7-2.8 seconds.. not all the "downforce" and "added cooling". After seeing the car in all three spoiler variations (no wing, Z51 spoiler, and high wing), I'd say Z51 is the worst looking. It breaks the cars natural body lines and makes the back end more messy for no good reason.

But if you have $800k + in the bank with a fully paid off house, why not go all out with a Z51 3LT with carbon fiber? What you chose depends entirely on your own financials. There's really no bad decision here, the car is just plain awesome for the price.

After owning my car, I'd say the best value combination is the performance exhaust + 2LT. With 2LT you get all the tech stuff included and with the perf exhaust, you're getting a better sound from your car as well as all the REAL performance that Z51 would give you (minus the brakes). The exhaust itself is what gives the car 5 extra horses and torque and makes the car launch to 0-60 in 2.7-2.8 seconds.. not all the "downforce" and "added cooling". After seeing the car in all three spoiler variations (no wing, Z51 spoiler, and high wing), I'd say Z51 is the worst looking. It breaks the cars natural body lines and makes the back end more messy for no good reason.

But if you have $800k + in the bank with a fully paid off house, why not go all out with a Z51 3LT with carbon fiber? What you chose depends entirely on your own financials. There's really no bad decision here, the car is just plain awesome for the price.
Agree with you on many points, went with NPP and decided on the convertible over Z51 or 2LT. For me that was my money best spent.

Last edited:
Reactions: nKuch
That's the first 2.7 to 2.8 0 -60 time I've heard... GM says 2.9 for the Z51, 3.0 for the base... The best Motor1 could get was 3.3, granted, they thought the pavement was cold....

That's the first 2.7 to 2.8 0 -60 time I've heard... GM says 2.9 for the Z51, 3.0 for the base... The best Motor1 could get was 3.3, granted, they thought the pavement was cold....
You must not be watching any corvette c8 content on YouTube then, tons of videos out there of the car doing 2.7 and 2.8 seconds, consistently too. Speed phenom, corvette direct, plenty of channels showing great launch control numbers.

Well let me start with the fact that I've never owned a vette but have driven a couple new ones incl the grand sport and i was blown away . I have chosen the 1LT primary bc I know i will be happy with the performance side of things and decided to add some cosmetic touches to give it that look that i thought it deserves. Plus did I mention the money part (lol), staying under 100k was important to me . Now my brother in law has the 3LT vert coming which is loaded and I'm sure i will be jealous of things but then again he spent over 40k more than me ! If I decide later on that I would like to go more to the performance side then I will upgrade to the upcoming Z06 which makes the most sense for me and given the fact that i've kept the price where it is I think when I go to sell or trade towards the upgrade model I will take less of a hit. Not sure if this makes 100% sense but this is my honest thinking. Feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong bc i've been wrong before many times. Anyway, I do know my build is gonna look great from the choices that I have picked and I feel very fortunate to be in the position to buy one !! In closing, please take care and stay safe !!

I think you made a good set of decisions based on what you want, for your own reasons. The logic is as good as anybody comes up with when making these purchases. I will openly say your reasoning is much more adult than mine. A quick look in my garage clearly shows I definitely think with the wrong head at times. :Biggrin:

Waiting for the Z06 which has all of that and more, instead of spending on the Z51 and higher trim seems like a practical decision to minimize the depreciation later at trade time.

Enjoy your new toy.

Reactions: ABC
You must not be watching any corvette c8 content on YouTube then, tons of videos out there of the car doing 2.7 and 2.8 seconds, consistently too. Speed phenom, corvette direct, plenty of channels showing great launch control numbers.

Is that the same speed phenom with the youtube headline
THIS SECRET MODE MAKES MY C8 CORVETTE GO 0-60 IN JUST 2 SECONDS!

Guess I will wait for the DailyDownshift numbers... Just sayin' ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I think you made a good set of decisions based on what you want, for your own reasons. The logic is as good as anybody comes up with when making these purchases. I will openly say your reasoning is much more adult than mine. A quick look in my garage clearly shows I definitely think with the wrong head at times. :Biggrin:

Waiting for the Z06 which has all of that and more, instead of spending on the Z51 and higher trim seems like a practical decision to minimize the depreciation later at trade time.

Enjoy your new toy.
Is that the same speed phenom with the youtube headline
THIS SECRET MODE MAKES MY C8 CORVETTE GO 0-60 IN JUST 2 SECONDS!

Guess I will wait for the DailyDownshift numbers... Just sayin' ;)
Haha yes it is the same guy. He’s made videos showing his 0-60’s runs using PDR and he hits 2.8 very consistently. Others have gotten similar numbers and one guy I’ve seen got 2.7. We’ll post ours as soon as break in period is done!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hey, I know some guys from the corvette club; maybe, I'll know him? Richmond probably 70% Asian: we lived there and build here in W.V. 35 years ago. WV now Asian and Persian - we white are a minority almost.

My sister, brother in law and wife's parents all lived in Richmond in the 70's and 80's, but both families moved out. She told me they went into the mall on three mile road, all Asian, no English being spoken and the store owners didn't even want their business or money. This used to be their favourite mall.

Reverse predjudism right here in Canada! Sad thing is our corrupt govt knew that the Asian's were coming in with laundered money, falsely inflating the housing market, allowing them to basically take over whole cities, they did not assimilate, and they brought their own culture and crime!

I don't agree with your statement, the faster 0 to 60 numbers from the Z51 package has very little to do with the 5 HP exhaust it is from better tires and the ELSD ( too many people have no idea what this is or does ) read up I'm sick of explaining, also Z51 has different gearing for better acceleration 4.89 Rear Gear (STD) equipment vs 5.17 Rear Gear (Z51). If 5 HP shaved 0.1 off 0-60 time can you imagine 20 HP taking 0.4 off :ROFL:

Guess I will mention my thoughts on the wing look, unfinished look no spoiler, better Z51 spoiler, best high wing till a C8R wing is available

I would question the accuracy of the onboard PDR as being able to critically capture times in the 0.1 second range without some erroneous variance, but I could very well be wrong. I never even tested mine last year, but I would be interested to know real 0-60 mph times for the Z06!

Hey ddgermann, you ever try it on yours?

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.