I would question the accuracy of the onboard PDR as being able to critically capture times in the 0.1 second range without some erroneous variance, but I could very well be wrong. I never even tested mine last year, but I would be interested to know real 0-60 mph times for the Z06!

Hey Doggerman, you ever try it on yours?

Nope never bothered with that. I am not a street racer so it is of no real interest to me. There are so many variables involved it is a total can of worms anyway. Ambient temperatures, tire condition, quality of fuel, road surface...etc
0-60 timers and launch control have never been used on any of my Z06s. To me it's just a fun little gimmick that sells a few cars and tears up the driveline. The visceral feeling of acceleration and actually driving and controlling my own car as much as possible depending on the level of nanny intervention I choose is what I personally enjoy.

Could not care less about 0-60 times beyond a casual interest as it's a ridiculously flawed debate over 0.2 of a second.

Had a C7 with Z51 and now I have a C8 with Z51 and MRC and its well worth it. I don't like body rolls and enjoy spirited driving. The bigger breaks and NPP alone is worth the cost already. If you don't want all season tires on a sports car and want the extra performance, the choice is clear.

Reactions: Gilles27
Although I have Z51 with about $30,000 in mods, I've never pushed the car even close to it's limits. I enjoy modding, enjoy driving, sometimes a little quick on the acceleration, but within reasonable limits. I've lost count on how many times someone has tried to race me, everything from pickups on massive wheels to mini vans to little Japanese toys. I'm just not interested. I smile and wave them by as they mash the gas and off they go. I don't have the fastest car around and really don't care. I like my car, even though I can only drive it 6 months of the year. For those that want to race, please do so on a track and not public streets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.