Thank you! Can see you are in West Van. Have you seen any C8s in Vancouver yet?
NO. I am waiting for deliveries to local dealer: he said he would call me so I can go over and have a peek. Your first corvette? If so, you picked a good time to buy one. I am on my 4th one.

NO. I am waiting for deliveries to local dealer: he said he would call me so I can go over and have a peek. Your first corvette? If so, you picked a good time to buy one. I am on my 4th one.
First Corvette. Wasn’t a big corvette fan till a few months back :) Please do give a shout out when you hear about the C8 arrival at dealer. Would love to have a look myself. Trying to build a VR model in the meantime to get a virtual feel of it.

First Corvette. Wasn’t a big corvette fan till a few months back :) Please do give a shout out when you hear about the C8 arrival at dealer. Would love to have a look myself. Trying to build a VR model in the meantime to get a virtual feel of it.
The C7 was a big improvement over the other models by a long shot! I had a C8 vert ordered; but, had to cancel because my wife went crazy on me :mad: :mad:

This All Season tire ( commonly referred to "NO" season tire) debate is in my wheelhouse. All the Z51 owners who want to change their summers for all season I will gladly purchase. By far the most important safety/performance item on your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Michelin "all season" tires are far superior to most if not all "all season" tires. They can pull close to 1G according to GM / Michelin. Plus I doubt anyone is going to drive their car in the snow with these tires. I'm not, so I didn't want performance tires which are 1 season tires.

The Michelin "all season" tires are far superior to most if not all "all season" tires. They can pull close to 1G according to GM / Michelin. Plus I doubt anyone is going to drive their car in the snow with these tires. I'm not, so I didn't want performance tires which are 1 season tires.
Yes. Michelin worked closely with GM to develop these tires and I think they would be great in extending driving season.

Nice. I would have went with red calipers though - to each it's own. The car will look great man. I had a vert (same color) ordered ($97K) - $10K down, trade my C7 in and cash sitting there to pay for it. Told my wife - she was apoplectic - had to cancel - not a happy camper.:mad::mad: Still might order a 2021 if I can find away to placate her - will be hard.

My wife was so fed up with me (8 months bugging-I actually was initially building 2018's but so much time lapsed that they were no longer available ha ha) that she finally out of anger said, "go buy the f_____ng thing". That was October 03rd (2018). Ten o'clock the very next day, October 04th I was at the dealer and placed an order with a very substantive deposit........ha ha! I have been dealing with this dealer for over thirty years and my last three Cadillac orders (all fully loaded) did not require a deposit, and neither would the Corvette, however my logic was put a sh_t load of a deposit down so that I couldn't following "buyers remorse", walk away....ha ha.

Well it took me a little over a week to tell her, and I actually did it in front of my son so that she couldn't go bananas on me! The car came in early, mid-April and I wasn't ready for it yet as I still hadn't secured alternate storage for my Mustang Cobra, so my Corvette stayed in the dealer's showroom, all chained off to prohibit public touching and limiting viewing from five feet away. Well it took her ten days before she would even go look at it, even though I made excuses to go see it every other day ha ha. There were two Grand Sports and my Z06 in the showroom. The first words out of her mouth was, "why is ours $30,000 more than the other two"?

It took her about another month, but she actually began to refer to the car as ours and she became okay with it then. Almost forty years of marriage and never once before did I make a purchase without her approval.........but I decided I was finally going to get a Corvette!

Risky but worth it for me.......everyone is different ....so tread carefully.......ha ha!

Cobra. ;);)

also added the glass roof since it will be in as much or more than out which i think will make the interior feel even more spacious. performance exhaust was a must as it has to sound like a performance car and could not resist to add as hard as i tried the engine app pkg

I ordered the transparent roof initially, but ddgermann convinced me to go "dual" with transparent and carbon fibre. I haven't built a 2020 online so I'm not sure of availability. I'm thrilled to have listened to ddgermann as my roof of choice is the carbon fibre, I like the look of the transparent roof when looking at the car from the exterior, but I do not like the "blue" look from inside the car!

I was fortunate that I was able to modify my order. The carbon fibre roof looks fantastic and gathers a lot of comments from people looking at the car!

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
My wife was so fed up with me (8 months bugging-I actually was initially building 2018's but so much time lapsed that they were no longer available ha ha) that she finally out of anger said, "go buy the f_____ng thing". That was October 03rd (2018). Ten o'clock the very next day, October 04th I was at the dealer and placed an order with a very substantive deposit........ha ha! I have been dealing with this dealer for over thirty years and my last three Cadillac orders (all fully loaded) did not require a deposit, and neither would the Corvette, however my logic was put a sh_t load of a deposit down so that I couldn't following "buyers remorse", walk away....ha ha.

Well it took me a little over a week to tell her, and I actually did it in front of my son so that she couldn't go bananas on me! The car came in early, mid-April and I wasn't ready for it yet as I still hadn't secured alternate storage for my Mustang Cobra, so my Corvette stayed in the dealer's showroom, all chained off to prohibit public touching and limiting viewing from five feet away. Well it took her ten days before she would even go look at it, even though I made excuses to go see it every other day ha ha. There were two Grand Sports and my Z06 in the showroom. The first words out of her mouth was, "why is ours $30,000 more than the other two"?

It took her about another month, but she actually began to refer to the car as ours and she became okay with it then. Almost forty years of marriage and never once before did I make a purchase without her approval.........but I decided I was finally going to get a Corvette!

Risky but worth it for me.......everyone is different ....so tread carefully.......ha ha!

Cobra. ;);)
All my other corvettes (4), Cadillac & Shelby GT500 arrived home with me: that is when she knew I had bought them. Needles to say, I do not have a good track record with asking permission or discussing things ( 40 years). Maybe, I should order for 2021, bring it home and then camp out in the shed for 2 weeks?:Banghead:

All my other corvettes (4), Cadillac & Shelby GT500 arrived home with me: that is when she knew I had bought them. Needles to say, I do not have a good track record with asking permission or discussing things ( 40 years). Maybe, I should order for 2021, bring it home and then camp out in the shed for 2 weeks?:Banghead:

You're brave.........I did this once and got lucky, you've done this how many times?

I'm still very careful when I'm looking at expensive things, kinda have to do it behind closed doors so to speak ha ha. If I expressed interest or even commented positively about the new Corvette (she knows everything about the new C-8) I'd be afraid to do it in front of her because she would hammer me with, "so you bought the wrong one, eh?"----- ha ha! That said I still prefer the look of mine over the new C-8......at least for now!

You're brave.........I did this once and got lucky, you've done this how many times?

I'm still very careful when I'm looking at expensive things, kinda have to do it behind closed doors so to speak ha ha. If I expressed interest or even commented positively about the new Corvette (she knows everything about the new C-8) I'd be afraid to do it in front of her because she would hammer me with, "so you bought the wrong one, eh?"----- ha ha! That said I still prefer the look of mine over the new C-8......at least for now!
You have a real nice car: love the color. Can't tell if it is a coupe or convertible? Where up north do you live. I am originally from Ontario - London. I guess your driving season is short eh? I really like my C7 - so, not a big deal; but , I really like the C8 - know for 100% when I see one at my local dealer. Your wife sounds like mine - is she German as well?

Do you mean Tom Brady's wife Gisele Bündchen or the singer Gisela?
My wife is prettier than Doutzen Kroes and if she asks, that's what I said OK?
When (and if) I get my corvette I'll try and upgrade. ;) If she is looking over my shoulder ... J/K my dear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.