$tuff adds up quick...I'll stick with a clean 1LT coupe :thumbs:
ba.png

Last edited:
For me it's yes on a 1LT, more important than tech stuff on a 2LT, it's a Corvette why not have the best performance available!
Yes! Can't argue with your rationale
For me it's yes on a 1LT, more important than tech stuff on a 2LT, it's a Corvette why not have the best performance available!
Yes. Can't argue with your rationale. My vette is summer transportation: to the tennis courts, golf course and around town; so, want the stereo upgrade and the traffic help - traffic here is brutal. SUV sits on the driveway.

Reactions: BDK and Gilles27
From previous experience with a C7 Z51, I would forgo the Z51 on the C8. I do like the eLSD and the lower gear ration, but not $7000 worth. I modded my C7 so it has about 540 hp at the crank and reduced weight by a 100 lbs. Some bolt on mods will get the base C8 to that 2.9 second 0-60. The shocks and rotors can be changed as can the tires. The Z51 adds about 50 lbs. to the car, which isn't much, unless your on the track.
I'm curious to see the aftermarket performance parts for this car. I would wait at least a year for some R & D to see what the manufacturers can come up with. The C8 looks to be an awesome car, Hats off to those that will be getting one.:cool:

Last edited:
From previous experience with a C7 Z51, I would forgo the Z51 on the C8. I do like the eLSD and the lower gear ration, but not $7000 worth. I modded my C7 so it has about 540 hp at the crank and reduced weight by a 100 lbs. I don't mods will get the base C8 to that 2.9 second 0-60. The shocks and rotors can be changed as can the tires. The Z51 adds about 50 lbs. to the car, which isn't much, unless your on the track.
I'm curious to see the aftermarket performance parts for this car. I would wait at least a year for some R & D to see what the manufacturers can come up with. The C8 looks to be an awesome car, Hats off to those that will be getting one.:cool:
Yes. I agree. I am a vert guy - so, if going golfing need the trunk in the rear. Also, if travelling - top down, still lots of room for stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
Well I will say that I can certainly appreciate all the rationale here. As this is my first Corvette and I was interested in tracking the car with friends, I chose the LT2 and Z51 pkg with the Gt2 seats and front lift option. I wanted the computer and nav setup and the breaks etc. So the Z51 seemed the way to go. I may look at a second set of tires with all seasons if I find the summers a little harsh as a daily summer driver. Time will tell. I still can't believe I dropped 100K on a car without a test drive. Wife thinks I am nuts! You only live once!
No ragrets.jpg

Z51 is 0.1 second faster than the base in the 0-60... 11.2 at 121 mph in the quarter mile.... Base is also 11.2 in the quarter at 123 mph. Means the base is pulling away from the Z51 after crossing the line... I'd spend my money on the trim upgrade instead of the Z51 I think... I'm not a fan of chopped and glued mulan 'leather'... Have seen bonded leather fail too many times..The extra leather trim areas, the upgraded sound and nav, the PDR and front curb cam is a must too...Not sure what else comes with the C8 3LT but my 3LT C7 was worth every cent...JMO

Well I will say that I can certainly appreciate all the rationale here. As this is my first Corvette and I was interested in tracking the car with friends, I chose the LT2 and Z51 pkg with the Gt2 seats and front lift option. I wanted the computer and nav setup and the breaks etc. So the Z51 seemed the way to go. I may look at a second set of tires with all seasons if I find the summers a little harsh as a daily summer driver. Time will tell. I still can't believe I dropped 100K on a car without a test drive. Wife thinks I am nuts! You only live once!
View attachment 36211
Thats OK! This is the 4th vette I've owned and wife went nuts every time - LOL.

Reactions: ABC
Z51 is 0.1 second faster than the base in the 0-60... 11.2 at 121 mph in the quarter mile.... Base is also 11.2 in the quarter at 123 mph. Means the base is pulling away from the Z51 after crossing the line... I'd spend my money on the trim upgrade instead of the Z51 I think... I'm not a fan of chopped and glued mulan 'leather'... Have seen bonded leather fail too many times..The extra leather trim areas, the upgraded sound and nav, the PDR and front curb cam is a must too...Not sure what else comes with the C8 3LT but my 3LT C7 was worth every cent...JMO

2LT has everything that the 3LT has except the leather surfaces, I believe? So, for me the 3LT is not worth another $5,500.00. I have a 2016 C7 2LT and my seats look brand new still - no issues at all.

2LT has everything that the 3LT has except the leather surfaces, I believe? So, for me the 3LT is not worth another $5,500.00. I have a 2016 C7 2LT and my seats look brand new still - no issues at all.

lol James... you're 2016 isn't even broke in if I remember correctly. . If you trade up every 6000 km I can see your point... ;)

lol James... you're 2016 isn't even broke in if I remember correctly. . If you trade up every 6000 km I can see your point... ;)
Try 13,000 Km - LOL. I'd love to drive more; but, so far from both corvette clubs. Having said that, I plan on hooking up with the guys more this summer for some cruises. I met a great guy (John Fox) at Graham's last summer and he has several things on the books very soon for 2020. One of my problems is I play a lot of tennis; so, I will have to find subs for me for my organized games.:Cheers2::Cheers2:

Reactions: Rruuff Day

An identically equipped 3LT is about $3000 more than the 2LT - the 3LT comes with GT2 seats standard. It's an upgrade on the 2LT.

• Agree
Reactions: ABC and Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.