Physical laws cannot be altered just because someone drives carefully. Taking an extra 2 metres to stop a non Z51 from 100 kph is always going to happen no matter what you try to do.

Agreed... And now I'm going to be thinking of that every time I drive my daily which takes a whopping 16 metres further than my C7 to stop.... o_O

• Haha
Reactions: jaycee
I believe Randy Pobst mentioned that having eLSD on the Z51 package works better in wet and slippery/snowy conditions for those of you planning on driving your car year round as a few have mentioned before.I can't say because I don't drive in bad weather and my first corvette in 30 years just found that interesting for a performance package

Physical laws cannot be altered just because someone drives carefully. Taking an extra 2 metres to stop a non Z51 from 100 kph is always going to happen no matter what you try to do.

2 metres in perfect conditions.

What if it's a wet road, or dusty, or greasy? The all-season tires on the non-Z51 will slow the car better in less-than-perfect conditions. That's also physics.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho and jaycee
My take on this is that yes the car can stop shorter but what I am saying is that any driver worth a grain of salt knows their car how it handles and stops. This should not ever happen to someone who knows their car and how to actually drive. I know my other cars and how they stop, my audi takes alot more time to stop from 100km yet guess what i have never rear ended anyone and I am confident that i wont even with my new vette and the extra 2m of stopping over the z51

• Agree
Reactions: tyho and EJChevy
This All Season tire ( commonly referred to "NO" season tire) debate is in my wheelhouse. All the Z51 owners who want to change their summers for all season I will gladly purchase. By far the most important safety/performance item on your car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1582040639672.png

Last edited:
Yup. Physics or not. Keep a safe distance and that extra 2 meters becomes irrelevant. Know your car, know your spacing and we all go home safe ... hopefully, unless that idiot out there somewhere has to push the limits on the street.

Reactions: EJChevy and jaycee
From previous experience with a C7 Z51, I would forgo the Z51 on the C8. I do like the eLSD and the lower gear ration, but not $7000 worth. I modded my C7 so it has about 540 hp at the crank and reduced weight by a 100 lbs. Some bolt on mods will get the base C8 to that 2.9 second 0-60. The shocks and rotors can be changed as can the tires. The Z51 adds about 50 lbs. to the car, which isn't much, unless your on the track.
I'm curious to see the aftermarket performance parts for this car. I would wait at least a year for some R & D to see what the manufacturers can come up with. The C8 looks to be an awesome car, Hats off to those that will be getting one.:cool:

Well let me start with the fact that I've never owned a vette but have driven a couple new ones incl the grand sport and i was blown away . I have chosen the 1LT primary bc I know i will be happy with the performance side of things and decided to add some cosmetic touches to give it that look that i thought it deserves. Plus did I mention the money part (lol), staying under 100k was important to me . Now my brother in law has the 3LT vert coming which is loaded and I'm sure i will be jealous of things but then again he spent over 40k more than me ! If I decide later on that I would like to go more to the performance side then I will upgrade to the upcoming Z06 which makes the most sense for me and given the fact that i've kept the price where it is I think when I go to sell or trade towards the upgrade model I will take less of a hit. Not sure if this makes 100% sense but this is my honest thinking. Feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong bc i've been wrong before many times. Anyway, I do know my build is gonna look great from the choices that I have picked and I feel very fortunate to be in the position to buy one !! In closing, please take care and stay safe !!

Well let me start with the fact that I've never owned a vette but have driven a couple new ones incl the grand sport and i was blown away . I have chosen the 1LT primary bc I know i will be happy with the performance side of things and decided to add some cosmetic touches to give it that look that i thought it deserves. Plus did I mention the money part (lol), staying under 100k was important to me . Now my brother in law has the 3LT vert coming which is loaded and I'm sure i will be jealous of things but then again he spent over 40k more than me ! If I decide later on that I would like to go more to the performance side then I will upgrade to the upcoming Z06 which makes the most sense for me and given the fact that i've kept the price where it is I think when I go to sell or trade towards the upgrade model I will take less of a hit. Not sure if this makes 100% sense but this is my honest thinking. Feel free to tell me if you think I'm wrong bc i've been wrong before many times. Anyway, I do know my build is gonna look great from the choices that I have picked and I feel very fortunate to be in the position to buy one !! In closing, please take care and stay safe !!

What colour have you ordered?

I had to weigh this out a bit as well and here’s why I ordered mine without it:

- I rarely will be tracking
- as a daily driver, I didn’t need the stiffer suspension
- I didn’t want to invest in an additional set of winter wheels

So instead I added the following that I wanted in my car:

- high wing spoiler, more for the way it looks
- upgraded infotainment and performance recoding system. Felt the value of a front camera would more than justify the kerb rashes that I could end up without it.
- performance exhaust. The 0-60 times don’t get affected.

When aftermarket splitter and side skirts become available, I intend to add them on as well. The above additions cost me around 4000 CAD extra.

Attachments

• 20DD9FD6-DFCB-4FBA-957B-16E1F6BAC344.jpeg
    20DD9FD6-DFCB-4FBA-957B-16E1F6BAC344.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 7
spectra grey wheels with yellow callipers
Nice. I would have went with red calipers though - to each it's own. The car will look great man. I had a vert (same color) ordered ($97K) - $10K down, trade my C7 in and cash sitting there to pay for it. Told my wife - she was apoplectic - had to cancel - not a happy camper.:mad::mad: Still might order a 2021 if I can find away to placate her - will be hard.

I had to weigh this out a bit as well and here’s why I ordered mine without it:

- I rarely will be tracking
- as a daily driver, I didn’t need the stiffer suspension
- I didn’t want to invest in an additional set of winter wheels

So instead I added the following that I wanted in my car:

- high wing spoiler, more for the way it looks
- upgraded infotainment and performance recoding system. Felt the value of a front camera would more than justify the kerb rashes that I could end up without it.
- performance exhaust. The 0-60 times don’t get affected.

When aftermarket splitter and side skirts become available, I intend to add them on as well. The above additions cost me around 4000 CAD extra.
Confused? 2LT you get all that stuff except high wing. I agree - unless tracking car the cost of Z51 not worth it - besides, the suspension is better than it was on the C7 stingray.Nice color - enjoy!!

Reactions: Dano Cherison
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.