Personally, my ideal C8 Corvette would be a 1LT coupe with Z51, mag ride, competition seats, full ground effects, and the high wing spoiler.

Why?

Because I will track it competitively and want the fastest I can get.

I would consider the 86 lb penalty to get the convertible for convenience.

That being said, I'm not ready to take $80,000, put it into a pile and light it on fire as when you take something to the track, you need to be ready to throw it in the dumpster on your way home. I'm risking enough with my sub-$30k C6.

Personally, my ideal C8 Corvette would be a 1LT coupe with Z51, mag ride, competition seats, full ground effects, and the high wing spoiler.

Why?

Because I will track it competitively and want the fastest I can get.

I would consider the 86 lb penalty to get the convertible for convenience.

That being said, I'm not ready to take $80,000, put it into a pile and light it on fire as when you take something to the track, you need to be ready to throw it in the dumpster on your way home. I'm risking enough with my sub-$30k C6.
100%

My track car would not be my C8.

I finally placed my order. I owned three C7’s all of which had Z51 package, two 3LT’s and one 2 LT. However I bought all those preowned. A 1LT is my max budget and I don’t plan on tracking the car. I will take the 0-60 3 second time and just keep on smiling.
Good plan!!!

An identically equipped 3LT is about $3000 more than the 2LT - the 3LT comes with GT2 seats standard. It's an upgrade on the 2LT.
Yes, I know. I thought it was $5500.00 difference though(3LT fr 2LT) - CDN pricing?? None the less 2LT has everything I'd need.

Reactions: ABC
I'm very happy that GM finally has a mid engine sports car, and that rightfully its been placed in a corvette...... However, I'm still going to wait for at least 1 year and see what the conversations look like from the ones who have actually owned and driven them in real life. I'm betting that all will be positive, and then start to decide as to what model to perhaps purchase. At the very least it will need to be a 2LT but prob a 3LT... for now I'll just keep on enjoying the C7.... I havent cracked the 10,000km mark yet, need to drive it more often....... To the ones who have already placed your orders..... a big 👍 up! Looking forwards to seeing the actual pics of your car and your thoughts......

Reactions: turbozig and ABC
I'm very happy that GM finally has a mid engine sports car, and that rightfully its been placed in a corvette...... However, I'm still going to wait for at least 1 year and see what the conversations look like from the ones who have actually owned and driven them in real life. I'm betting that all will be positive, and then start to decide as to what model to perhaps purchase. At the very least it will need to be a 2LT but prob a 3LT... for now I'll just keep on enjoying the C7.... I havent cracked the 10,000km mark yet, need to drive it more often....... To the ones who have already placed your orders..... a big 👍 up! Looking forwards to seeing the actual pics of your car and your thoughts......
You have the best handling C7 - great color - low mileage - enjoy the ride. I bought in 2016 not knowing the GS would be out in 2017 or I would have waited?

I still can't believe I dropped 100K on a car without a test drive. Wife thinks I am nuts! You only live once!
Thats OK! This is the 4th vette I've owned and wife went nuts every time - LOL.

I researched my 2019 Z06 for literally eight months before I pulled the trigger. Retail $120,000 and I never even test drove a C-7. Actually I don't think I even sat in one ha ha..........and "no regrets".

You're going to love your new car! ;)

Last edited:
I'm tracking my C8, YOLO I raced motorcycles all my life risked man and machine going with the with age get a cage. Wish our tracks were like The Green Hell and we had insurance coverage as it's a public road

I'm 33 and still have student loans to pay off. I can't take the risk of getting a $100,000 loan, then destroying the asset the loan is linked to.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho and ABC
I'm 33 and still have student loans to pay off. I can't take the risk of getting a $100,000 loan, then destroying the asset the loan is linked to.
Good idea. I would never, nor, did I, buy a corvette without being able to write a cheque: after mortgage paid off, RRSP up to snuff, kids university paid for and all other financial commitments met. Just me - very conservative. This is my 4th corvette!! My kids university education cost me the price of two corvettes - money well spent - LOL!!!

Good idea. I would never, nor, did I, buy a corvette without being able to write a cheque: after mortgage paid off, RRSP up to snuff, kids university paid for and all other financial commitments met. Just me - very conservative. This is my 4th corvette!! My kids university education cost me the price of two corvettes - money well spent - LOL!!!

I think I could have written this too.......ditto! Ha ha

6 feet shorter stopping distance .... Have never wished for that extra 6 feet in any vehicle I have ever owned... I drive spirited when conditions allow with both my non Z51 Vettes, previously with my 396 Chevelle, my 340 Duster and my 280Z when I was a snot nose kid and still never had to wish i'd had an extra 6 feet...And I tend to avoid "over cooking" corners anytime... JMO and just sayin'....

And welcome to CCF. ;)

Z51 package is not just for the track:
Remember the next time you brake from a 100 kph and hit the car in front at 7 kph; you'll wish you had the better brakes.
Ever over-cooked a corner or had snatch oversteer on an oily road? Yellow coloured seat belts nor will black rims help a bit.

Marginally bigger brakes will not make a significant impact on how quickly you can slow down from 100kmph. The standard brakes on a Corvette are more than powerful enough to lock up the wheels. The biggest impact on stopping distance is your tires.

Larger brakes allow for better heat distribution, which will prevent them from overheating in a track environment when you're regularly using the brakes to their maximum potential with little time in-between braking events.

You will not overheat street brakes in a 100-0kmph situation.

If you over-cook a corner, you're a bloody idiot. Slightly stiffer springs and dampers won't make a big difference here either. Getting into a situation where you are over-driving the car will not be improved by slight changes in the car, this is purely driver error. It's caused by too big an input, too quickly. You can do this, even if you are on racing slicks and have 150 hp.

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
6 feet shorter stopping distance .... Have never wished for that extra 6 feet in any vehicle I have ever owned... I drive spirited when conditions allow with both my non Z51 Vettes, previously with my 396 Chevelle, my 340 Duster and my 280Z when I was a snot nose kid and still never had to wish i'd had an extra 6 feet...And I tend to avoid "over cooking" corners anytime... JMO and just sayin'....

And welcome to CCF. ;)
Words of wisdom....;);) Right on man !!!

Marginally bigger brakes will not make a significant impact on how quickly you can slow down from 100kmph. The standard brakes on a Corvette are more than powerful enough to lock up the wheels. The biggest impact on stopping distance is your tires.

Larger brakes allow for better heat distribution, which will prevent them from overheating in a track environment when you're regularly using the brakes to their maximum potential with little time in-between braking events.

You will not overheat street brakes in a 100-0kmph situation.

If you over-cook a corner, you're a bloody idiot. Slightly stiffer springs and dampers won't make a big difference here either. Getting into a situation where you are over-driving the car will not be improved by slight changes in the car, this is purely driver error. It's caused by too big an input, too quickly. You can do this, even if you are on racing slicks and have 150 hp.
Physical laws cannot be altered just because someone drives carefully. Taking an extra 2 metres to stop a non Z51 from 100 kph is always going to happen no matter what you try to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.