GM posted a Memo to to their dealers, it has been posted to this forum that you will now only receive a reliable TPW when you reach event status 3300. I know this because I have been at event status 3000 since mid February. Last week GM chat advised me that my tentative build date is April 13. I texted my dealer and he said I'm still at 3000. Another reason is HTC start production on April 6. No way that I'm getting that early of a build date. This is the reason. Hope I'm wrong and I get an early build.
You are correct it is only a tentative build week and it can easily change until it gets a lot closer. But that memo only applies to Americans concierge. They won't give out the TPW until about 2 weeks out. That is because they were inundated with requests. However it is a guide to when we can expect our cars to get built. ANY information is better than none.

Reactions: ABC
GM has begun updating TPW for my customers.

The earliest TPW for any of our 2020 Corvettes is now July 27th, 2020.

Unless someone has already had theirs built, it appears no Canadian is going to have one until mid-August.

Sad day.

giphy.gif

GM has begun updating TPW for my customers.

The earliest TPW for any of our 2020 Corvettes is now July 27th, 2020.

Unless someone has already had theirs built, it appears no Canadian is going to have one until mid-August.

Sad day.

giphy.gif
Well that is disappointing but not a surprise. What can we do but wait patiently. May get a month or two of driving in this summer. Lets hope it does not push out further. I'm not even checking anymore. What's the point.

Well that is disappointing but not a surprise. What can we do but wait patiently. May get a month or two of driving in this summer. Lets hope it does not push out further. I'm not even checking anymore. What's the point.

The dates were all updated last Thursday (the 26th). Considering the plant is currently closed, I assume they're not intending on it being closed for much longer. GM is losing millions each and every day right now.

Reactions: Sparro and ABC
It's a surprise to me. The plant has parts for three weeks so the end of July means that's when they expect to reopen the plant. This might just be a way of sorting out the orders they have.... I hope.

Either that or they are once again giving the priority of the American orders over Canadas. This is common for GM (not bashing, we're like, 1 dealership to the American market). I'm honestly surprised we had some assembled in February.

Reactions: Sparro and ABC
It's a surprise to me. The plant has parts for three weeks so the end of July means that's when they expect to reopen the plant. This might just be a way of sorting out the orders they have.... I hope.
I think they are attempting to manage expectation and rather than keep pushing out week by week and possibly risk loosing momentum and customers due to frustration with moving targets, they are banking on these dates holding or perhaps being moved forward for some and then they look like heroes. At least that is what I am hoping for. We will have to see how the US stats hold up on virus spread. If it is bad then yes shutdown will continue. If the spread seems manageable, I am betting on back to work by end of April at the latest. This would then be maybe a 6 week delay baked in. The global economy cannot sit idle for much longer. The global depression will be worse than the virus. At some point we are going to have to simply deal with this.

@EJChevy Can we bracket your dates?
July 27 is the earliest for a coupe I take it.
What's the latest date you have? That might tell us how long they plan on producing 2020's
What's the earliest vert you have?

The July 27th is a Vert. The latest I have is August 31st at this point.

Reactions: Sparro
I had a TPM of May now at Aug.10th this has been the worst buying experience of my life and I have purchased over 50 vehicles. GM has some blame with the strike and a terrible rollout of info but I'm Wayyyyyyyyyyy more pissed with my dealer but that is another post another time!

Reactions: Murray20c8
I had a TPM of May now at Aug.10th this has been the worst buying experience of my life and I have purchased over 50 vehicles. GM has some blame with the strike and a terrible rollout of info but I'm Wayyyyyyyyyyy more pissed with my dealer but that is another post another time!

It's definitely a really bad time for everyone, especially all those who had their orders in early. s**t is hitting the fan over and over again with the launch of he C8.

So, here's what I've currently got, broken down into Coupe, Conv, 1, 2, and 3LT

WEEKTRIM
July 27, 2020Convertible 2LT x2
August 10, 2020Convertible 2LT
August 17, 2020Convertible 3LT
August 24, 2020Convertible 2LT
August 31, 2020Coupe 2LT, Coupe 1LT

So, here's what I've currently got, broken down into Coupe, Conv, 1, 2, and 3LT

WEEKTRIM
July 27, 2020Convertible 2LT x2
August 10, 2020Convertible 2LT
August 17, 2020Convertible 3LT
August 24, 2020Convertible 2LT
August 31, 2020Coupe 2LT, Coupe 1LT
How many more do you have that aren't at 3000, did you tell your customers that are at 1100 they are SOL

I've got a handful more, and no, not SOL. We haven't received the official word yet. Good things can still happen.
Guess that is how you do well in sales always the optimist lol my sales guy is oblivious to what is happening he still says I'm getting my car in April/May what an idiot

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread