@EJChevy Eric, question. I'm curious. With people dropping out with a 3000 status. Can a dealer cancel an order once it has been assigned a TPW? Curious what dealers would do if the customer can no longer afford the car because of the virus.

No. Once it's in Event 3000, it's being built. We can't stop it.

You'll have to discuss with your dealership what your options are.

No. Once it's in Event 3000, it's being built. We can't stop it.
You'll have to discuss with your dealership what your options are.

I was hoping to leapfrog others who are at 3000, but are backing out. I guess not. Oh well. If it's July, then so be it.

Right now I'm feeling we're lucky if its in July.
If the end of July is the first week of verts then July 6th would seem appropriate to resume the line. I think the verts were 2 or 3 weeks out when the plant shut down right? That would put me into September and maybe a 2021 because I had a TPW of May 18

Ughh just spoke with GM chat and my TPW of June 8th has been changed to August 17th. I think that I will be lucky to even see that build date. As long as I can get a 2021 at 2020 price I will be okay otherwise I am out. In the big picture it is only a car and the global pandemic for obvious reasons is far more important.

Ughh just spoke with GM chat and my TPW of June 8th has been changed to August 17th. I think that I will be lucky to even see that build date. As long as I can get a 2021 at 2020 price I will be okay otherwise I am out. In the big picture it is only a car and the global pandemic for obvious reasons is far more important.
That makes sense if they shift everything by 2 months. That would mean they are hoping to start back mid May. I think we will all be lucky if that's the case. I wouldn't expect them to start again until June, so that would push you back even farther. Still, don't despair. I think they are just whatifing. It all depends on when they can get the line back up. I am not even going to bother chatting with the concierge until we know when the line will restart.

Reactions: Bucketoy
So if you are at 3000 but late tpw and it doesn't get built as 20, then you would have to reorder as 21 right? So then you could get your deposit back if you want to back out at this point, no? It's now a new order so i guess i'll wait to see if mine gets built then if not i can get my large deposit back.

So if you are at 3000 but late tpw and it doesn't get built as 20, then you would have to reorder as 21 right? So then you could get your deposit back if you want to back out at this point, no? It's now a new order so i guess i'll wait to see if mine gets built then if not i can get my large deposit back.
You still should be able to get your deposit back right now, I'm at 3000 and my dealer will fully refund it no questions asked and Kevin(Crybaby lol) just had a large deposit on a $125 000 convertible that was also at Status 3000 just got back his large deposit

Reactions: Sparro
You still should be able to get your deposit back right now, I'm at 3000 and my dealer will fully refund it no questions asked and Kevin(Crybaby lol) just had a large deposit on a $125 000 convertible that was also at Status 3000 just got back his large deposit
"Crybaby" awesome lol. I mean HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Some of us don't like being crybabys though.

I agree - it will be a while. With that - and a delay in the 2020 production now. When would the 2020 switch to a 2021 model year? My TPW was June 7. Now at minimum July sometime if they got back to work soon.... but if the delay continues....

It still all depends on when they get back. All 3000 orders are cash money for GM since they can not be cancelled and unless a dealer goes bankrupt they have to buy the cars from GM. So GM is motivated to build these cars. Heck even 2000 cars can't be cancelled. If GM wants to build all these orders they may decide to push back the 2021 model year from September to October or even later. I have no doubt they will sell out 2021 as well so they should also be motivated to build all these. As we have all said so many times ... Time will tell.

Murray. Why can't they cancel 2000, or 3000 MY2020 orders?
If covid closures remain, the only MY2020 that'll have a chane to be built, are those in system (on the line) at the moment. And if that cuts into MY2021.....usually mid - end of August, the units on the line right now could 'possibly' be headed for the scrap bin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.