Again , today, hard take off from the light and it hopped !!! I hope, it does not do this at the track, when I go there. With all the rain , we are getting and got this summer , the asphalt has to be dust free.
Dust would create wheelspin. Dry oil-less roads would give you greater traction and perhaps wheel hop for you. As before I have had slight wheel hop, but not nearly as often as you seem to get it.

Dust would create wheelspin. Dry oil-less roads would give you greater traction and perhaps wheel hop for you. As before I have had slight wheel hop, but not nearly as often as you seem to get it.
I have been on the quiet side , lately, because the wife is in the car and she gets nervous , easily. Could it need an adjustment? I do not want to break anything because I have been told , it is hard to get parts , for a C8.

• Agree
Reactions: MKinOntario
I have been on the quiet side , lately, because the wife is in the car and she gets nervous , easily. Could it need an adjustment? I do not want to break anything because I have been told , it is hard to get parts , for a C8.
Try slipping the clutch later ... oh, wait .... ;)

Reactions: Bunny hop
Again , today, hard take off from the light and it hopped !!! I hope, it does not do this at the track, when I go there. With all the rain , we are getting and got this summer , the asphalt has to be dust free.
Have you done any mods? Like lowered?

No not yet. I am shopping for nicer, lighter wheels but that is about it. GM is really hard on modifications , compared to Ford. I bought a the warranty extension , so do not want to waste that.
Beats me then. Unless you are taking off from potholes! I mean you are in Quebec right? ;)

Would/could softer rear end suspension be involved? Was the trunk full of bowling balls?

Would/could softer rear end suspension be involved? Was the trunk full of bowling balls?
No to both. Finally it is that section of asphalt. I went to an older road and it hooked up great. No wheel hop. Thank GOD I do not have to sell it. :oops:

Well, my 2024 (Z51) finally “unlocked” at 805km on the way to meet few corvette friends to pre-run a new route for corvette cruises. I floored the car from a traffic light and “wheel hop”. Now, to be fair it was 6 C and we did have a few flakes of snow come down during our run. My non-z51 car has never had wheel hop but it would spin the tires triggering traction control that would shut down all the fun.

So OP, there is nothing wrong with your car.

IMG_2337.jpeg

Well, my 2024 (Z51) finally “unlocked” at 805km on the way to meet few corvette friends to pre-run a new route for corvette cruises. I floored the car from a traffic light and “wheel hop”. Now, to be fair it was 6 C and we did have a few flakes of snow come down during our run. My non-z51 car has never had wheel hop but it would spin the tires triggering traction control that would shut down all the fun.

So OP, there is nothing wrong with your car.

View attachment 123358
Thanks, I was told by a drag strip expert that Z51 do tend to wheel hop. Why, I don't know.