View attachment 30990 So I bought a trailer today (cutting into the 66 C10 & C5 Turbo build budget). I am all ready loaded and heading to the Castrol Raceway for Davenport, AFR, and Accelerated Automotive track day. Canā€™t wait šŸ˜. Be some cool cars there, and hope to get a good time slip out of the C4
All the best Dalen, and may you be quickest. Safe driving!

View attachment 30990
So I bought a trailer today (cutting into the 66 C10 & C5 Turbo build budget). I am all ready loaded and heading to the Castrol Raceway for Davenport, AFR, and Accelerated Automotive track day. Canā€™t wait šŸ˜. Be some cool cars there, and hope to get a good time slip out of the C4

You go Dalen. Hole shots, fast times and no breakdowns. :thumbs:

iOS Image - 978119691.jpg
11.40 @ 125 mph šŸ˜ I am happy with that and no break downs !! I know there there more in the car, hope to make it at least one more time. Loving the new trailer, takes all the worrying out of getting home.....

iOS Image - 2783203777.jpg
iOS Image - 2743026170.jpg
iOS Image - 3187145976.jpg

So I tried to hone out the #7 cylinder and it is to far gone for that. Drag last years 5.3L out of the corner, it cleans up nice ! šŸ˜ going to throw the rotating assembly with the Gen 4 rods and pistons in that one šŸ‘. Also have a $30 used piston on its way off eBay. Should be able to have this project back together in a cheap budget!!!!

Awesome work with the C4! Too bad it's not staying together for you, however, I bet you are pretty quick with tearing it down and putting it back together! Looking forward to seeing it back up and running!

Reactions: AlbertaZ06
iOS Image - 3101889190.jpg
iOS Image - 2135318045.jpg

Back in goes the motor!! Transmission mounted, but having trouble getting the C-Beam bolted back in. I have a new ā€œusedā€ one coming from Western Corvette because I think I bent/twisted the current one I have and the bolts donā€™t line up anymore...... odd problem to have!!! But I will be the first to say I am hard on this car šŸ˜‚

Reactions: Darrellg1
View attachment 33594View attachment 33595
Back in goes the motor!! Transmission mounted, but having trouble getting the C-Beam bolted back in. I have a new ā€œusedā€ one coming from Western Corvette because I think I bent/twisted the current one I have and the bolts donā€™t line up anymore...... odd problem to have!!! But I will be the first to say I am hard on this car šŸ˜‚
Great progress Dalen! You should be hearing it soon enough! Good fore thinking on the balancer.

View attachment 33594View attachment 33595

I was gonna comment on your unyielding tenacity Dalen, and then I remembered high-performance runs in your blood line man. Good on ya. :thumbs:

iOS Image - 206637841.jpg
iOS Image - 1598906624.jpg
iOS Image - 451561017.jpg
iOS Image - 380081225.jpg

Itā€™s alive again!! Had to get a new exhaust valve and touch up the valve seat on cylinder #7 on the heads. Good oil pressure, no leaks. A complete rebuilt 5.3L from 2 blown engines and a used piston off eBay. Missed a ground on my ecm, which was causing all kinda of weird things and no sleep for a couple of days. Fired it up at 11:15 pm on Tuesday night for the initial break-in, run it to full temperature at 2000 rpm and shut it down.... not sure if the neighbours approve, but I call it a success on a budget šŸ˜‚

Woohoo Dalen. If the cops didn't show up, the neighbours must approve. They likely just cocked their heads a bit and thought..."Dalen got his Vette running again'' Lol.... See ya in Ponoka...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread