iOS Image - 1604541367.jpg
So this is my C5... I robbed the Yella Terra's out to put in the C4 LS Swap to get it running. Now I am getting the itch to hit the track in the C5, so I am going to steal them back out of the C4 and do a Comp Cam Trunion upgrade kit for the C4.

Last edited:
Reactions: CableGuy
Very nice! It must be good to have both cars running as I imagine it would have been a slight pain in the butt to have to swap over the rockers each time you wanted to take each car out. :p

iOS Image - 1962584468.jpg
iOS Image - 734155505.jpg
iOS Image - 734155505.jpg
Going to be tight fit, but think I got it figured out where to mount the turbo, some tricky exhaust work ahead! Hood needs to be trimmed a little, heater box needs more modifications and inner fender well. Got a truck manifold flipped over and running a crossover pipe under the bell housings into a 3" T4 flange onto the turbo. Waiting on waste gate to come in, to do some more test fitting before I start cutting and welding

Wow.... it’s coming together good.

I expect you have a ton of tuning to go through after? Or is there a general mapping already available for this set up?
The heat generated under the hood is going to be an interesting challenge. Blanketing the turbo and hot pipe?
Intercooler? I have a brand new aluminum air to air one with manifold, piping, clamps and neoprene flex joints I bought for My H1 that I never used. Let me know if you want to look at it before you spend big bucks on one. Not sure where you would squeeze one in though.

Any predictions on what numbers are you expecting, boost / HP / tourque wise?

Lots of question marks in this post but it’s so darn interesting to watch as you go along.

Looking forward to the next update. :thumbs: :Lurk5:

Last edited:

I expect you have a ton of tuning to go through after? Or is there a general mapping already available for this set up?
The heat generated under the hood is going to be an interesting challenge. Blanketing the turbo and hot pipe?
Intercooler? I have a brand new aluminum air to air one with manifold, piping, clamps and neoprene flex joints I bought for My H1 that I never used. Let me know if you want to look at it before you spend big bucks on one. Not sure where you would squeeze one in though.

Lots of question marks in this post but it’s so darn interesting to watch as you go along.

Thanks ddgermann!
I got lots of tuning ahead, haven’t even looked into it yet, I am worried about the heat issues, lots of header wrap and turbo blanket. Intercooler is going to be a tight fit as well, what size of inter cooler you have?
Going to run anywhere from 7psi-14psi boost would like to get around 550 RWHP for now.

Hey Dalen.... Was surfing through this thread a while back and wondered how the mods were coming. Thanks for the post... Keep sending the updates and pics.... :thumbs:

Updates are going to be few and far between. It’s slow going, only getting a few hours every now and then to look at. Been busy with work, holidays, kids, etc.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hi Dalen,

I'm thinking finding a shop with a basic tuning map should be relativity simple. Then some fine tuning based on your set up would all that's needed. If you don't already have a kit lined up and plan on building your own...below are some shots of the inter-cooler set up. I included a few pics with it installed to give you perspective on the size of it. This set up will handle the boost you are talking about easily as the H1 is running up to 15 psi with no leaks.This kit is from Predator in California designed for a 6.5TD H1. I ended up buying a Rubber Duck kit with a proper manifold as I thought this one was lame. Thats the one you see below installed. The kit in the top picture including the exchanger has never been installed. The exchanger is identical. Of course the piping will not be configured right but there should be enough connections / clamps and pipe to do the job. PM me if your interested as I'll give you a heck of a deal on it if you want it.

Pretator intercooler.jpg

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

Hi Dalen,

I'm thinking finding a shop with a basic tuning map should be relativity simple. Then some fine tuning based on your set up would all that's needed. If you don't already have a kit lined up and plan on building your own...below are some shots of the inter-cooler set up. I included a few pics with it installed to give you perspective on the size of it. This set up will handle the boost you are talking about easily as the H1 is running up to 15 psi with no leaks.This kit is from Predator in California designed for a 6.5TD H1. I ended up buying a Rubber Duck kit with a proper manifold as I thought this one was lame. Thats the one you see below installed. The kit in the top picture including the exchanger has never been installed. The exchanger is identical. Of course the piping will not be configured right but there should be enough connections / clamps and pipe to do the job. PM me if your interested as I'll give you a heck of a deal on it if you want it.

View attachment 12880

View attachment 12881

View attachment 12882
looks like a nice set up!
I am going to have to look more into where I can mount it yet on my C4. I will have to get back to you on it.
Thanks!

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread