Don't get me wrong Alberta. Your 02 Z06 wheels look great but I'm thinking a change up for the 88....maybe a ZR1 look???? lol.... easy for me to spend your money....
s-l1600.jpg

And BTW.... I been following your build from the first post and it's time to change your signature line.... I don't think the 88 rates as "stock" anymore... just sayin'...:rolleyes:

I'm not sure what look you want to achieve, but I gotta say, please don't use a C5 Z06 wheel on your C4. If you want the size and dimensions of a newer wheel, there are plenty of other choices in the aftermarket available to you. You have put far too much time and effort into your car to settle for a newer Corvette wheel. I may have a biased opinion, but I think that wheel looks awful on anything except a C5 Z06. It is one of those unique things that is specific to a certain car and just doesn't look right on anything else.

I can appreciate that you want to have a newer and/or unique look to your car to separate it from other C4s. The five-spoke design lends itself well to your body style, and there are a ton of options out there. Eric's suggestion of a C4 ZR1 style wheel is excellent if you want to stay with a Corvette-style wheel, or perhaps even a C6 Dymag type, but not a Z06 wheel.

Give me a budget to work with and a size, and I can make some suggestions if you are interested.

PS. - Sorry I haven't contacted you yet, my trip to Red Deer has been put off for a while since I am down to one vehicle for several weeks. But I WILL be in contact with you when I can get up there.

IMG_6613.JPG
IMG_6613.JPG
Don't get me wrong Alberta. Your 02 Z06 wheels look great but I'm thinking a change up for the 88....maybe a ZR1 look???? lol.... easy for me to spend your money....
s-l1600.jpg

I definitely like those better than the Z06 wheels on the C4, but why don't you want to use the stock wheels? I like the sawblades, and it keeps the 'sleeper look' going on. Put a sticky 275 on there and it should hook fine.

Oh god please no, not torq thrusts! I'm sorry, but that is just a newer version of the most played-out wheel ever made. It is a new design of the old Cragar five-spoke from the 60's. It looks great on an old car, but does NOT look good on anything built after 1973.

Dude what lift is that and how do you like it? Wife won't let me buy one right now.
Direct Lift is the name manufacturer, bought it from a trade show in Red Deer. I liked the design better then Lift King which you see at a lot of at trade shows & swap meets. It has castors so you can move around and a big foot so it's sturdy when you lift a car

Got some time this weekend to work on the C4. Got a few small things working.

Clutch start switch working, had to do some C4 Stock VATS bypass ( would start with out clutch being pressed )

Speedometer working, I had the speed sensor pin 20 & 21 from ecm wired in with the TKO ( not needed ) deleted them and it works! ( Still had to use Dakota SGI-5 box )

Tach working, had to solder a1kohm resistor to boost signal, and adjust Tach output on HP Tuners

ECM mounted, the bracket was built and fitted but never installed with wiring and heater ducts. I had to heat up the duct from behind passenger dash and ( Mould it ) if you would call it moulding!
IMG_6626.JPG
IMG_6624.JPG
IMG_6623.JPG

lol.... although that post is so far beyond my mechanical/automotive comprehension it's almost embarrassing to me Alberta, I still follow your progress with anticipation. Really hoping we see your efforts reach fruition for the May meet. :thumbs:

I hit the streets of Red Deer after work for a test run in the C4, did about 15 km of driving everything worked good! got a vibration at higher speeds thinking its the tires. still some tuning to do, and some more Km's for Break-in on the clutch and transmission. Should be a go for the May meet in Ponoka

IMG_6706.JPG
127 Km of driving in the city this weekend with no big problems! I got a small leak in the steering rack, going to replace rack. I decided to go with the factory wheels, with Toyo Proxes R1-R tires ( not installed yet) Lots of funny looks with no hood, it doesn't even look "Mean" with no hood, just kinda ugly..... lol. Hood going on tomorrow, confident that I got everything figured out and don't need the work space with it on. Vibration issue still think is wheels. I will know when I get the Toyo's on. DTC codes only emissions, have to delete with HP Tuners. Can't wait for the summer to get the C4 out for some cruises !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread