This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

C4 LSX Swap

All the best Dalen, and may you be quickest. Safe driving!

You go Dalen. Hole shots, fast times and no breakdowns.

Wow.... Sweet time .. Double wow on reaction time... obviously with a .44 it was a Pro tree.... Right side must have wondered where you were going when you left over .3 ahead of him.... Good job Dalen...

So I tried to hone out the #7 cylinder and it is to far gone for that. Drag last years 5.3L out of the corner, it cleans up nice ! going to throw the rotating assembly with the Gen 4 rods and pistons in that one . Also have a $30 used piston on its way off eBay. Should be able to have this project back together in a cheap budget!!!!

Awesome work with the C4! Too bad it's not staying together for you, however, I bet you are pretty quick with tearing it down and putting it back together! Looking forward to seeing it back up and running!

Reactions: AlbertaZ06

Back in goes the motor!! Transmission mounted, but having trouble getting the C-Beam bolted back in. I have a new “used” one coming from Western Corvette because I think I bent/twisted the current one I have and the bolts don’t line up anymore...... odd problem to have!!! But I will be the first to say I am hard on this car

Reactions: Darrellg1
Great progress Dalen! You should be hearing it soon enough! Good fore thinking on the balancer.

I was gonna comment on your unyielding tenacity Dalen, and then I remembered high-performance runs in your blood line man. Good on ya.

It’s alive again!! Had to get a new exhaust valve and touch up the valve seat on cylinder #7 on the heads. Good oil pressure, no leaks. A complete rebuilt 5.3L from 2 blown engines and a used piston off eBay. Missed a ground on my ecm, which was causing all kinda of weird things and no sleep for a couple of days. Fired it up at 11:15 pm on Tuesday night for the initial break-in, run it to full temperature at 2000 rpm and shut it down.... not sure if the neighbours approve, but I call it a success on a budget

Woohoo Dalen. If the cops didn't show up, the neighbours must approve. They likely just cocked their heads a bit and thought..."Dalen got his Vette running again'' Lol.... See ya in Ponoka...

Users who are viewing this thread