Just got a text from my dealer that the car has arrived at the train yard in Calgary. So it was built June 12th and at the latest, it will be at the dealer July 31. He’s going to see about getting it moved faster fingers crossed. I hope there are more cars for you guys also waiting on that train.

🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 6.24.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 6.24.21 PM.png
    57 KB · Views: 6
A question, how long has it taken by the time the dealer receives the car till its ready for pickup? My dealership is taking 2 weeks 😫
Mine took 5 as well including a weekend. It depends on how many cars they have and how many do the new car prep.

A question, how long has it taken by the time the dealer receives the car till its ready for pickup? My dealership is taking 2 weeks 😫
Depending on the day the car is delivered, it is in the dealers best interest to mark the car sold and get it delivered as fast as possible to earn their next allocation.
As Murray indicated 5 days including the weekend is the norm. Two weeks is cruel. I would be doing my own PDI if my buddies dealership pulled that crap on me!
I just came out of the shop having removed the attack blue air filter, splash guards, illuminated sill plates, grill guards, carbon fiber grill inserts and carbon fiber mirror caps on my car getting ready to trade mine in on the next one being built next week. These cars are easy to work on and even if you ordered a bunch of dealer installed options, it can be done very quickly.

Can someone help me understand what all is included in the PDI process.
My car came in first thing in the morning. Dealer called me up and I went down and was able to remove the white cover on the car. After that they took the car back and installed the accessories. I drove the car home that evening. Was something missed in the PDI process?

My car came in first thing in the morning. Dealer called me up and I went down and was able to remove the white cover on the car. After that they took the car back and installed the accessories. I drove the car home that evening. Was something missed in the PDI process?
That's about it, if all the fluids look good, scans with no error codes and are no updates to be done to the car it should be ready to go in an hour or so once the accessories are installed. Also taking it out of transport mode.

Last edited:
Cleaning and polishing as they come in dirty and sometimes scratched

That's about it, if all the fluids look good, scans with no error codes and are no updates to be done to the car it should be ready to go in an hour or so once the accessories are installed. Also taking it out of transport mode.
Ok thanks. I was just concerned something was missed.
I inspected the exterior and everything looked good.
I think they helped get things done faster as I received the car on my birthday and wanted to take it home that day.

I believe mine was one the first C8 to arrive at the dealership. Because of this forum I had a lot of information that the salesperson was unaware of about the car. I explained that not all the brake ducts were to be installed only those for street use. I believe that helped as well with the PDI process.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.