Apr 27, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 3LT Z51 HTC
Province
AB
I'm asking as in delivery times to Western Canada once built as in how long is the train ride :Banghead: as well as how fast things are getting through from 3000 on if anyone has been progressing as of late. I know it is a range, but I did hear there was a lot of Canadian cars being built right now so hopefully many of you will have your cars for summer! I guess I'm just like everyone else who wants more info because we are impatient! Thanks everyone

I'm asking as in delivery times to Western Canada once built as in how long is the train ride :Banghead: as well as how fast things are getting through from 3000 on if anyone has been progressing as of late. I know it is a range, but I did hear there was a lot of Canadian cars being built right now so hopefully many of you will have your cars for summer! I guess I'm just like everyone else who wants more info because we are impatient! Thanks everyone
recent example showed from allocation to delivery in Southern Ontario took 3 months. As for "there are a lot of Canadian cars being built" that is not true. Its an illusion created by C8Tracker as Canadian VINs have been recorded in 1 month batches with the same date after the fact making it look like the factory built 60 Canadian cars in 1 day when in reality it built 2 cars per day in the last month for example.

Delivery time for me was one month to Calgary, from date of production, but that was a couple years ago for a 2020. I was lucky and my car sailed through Quality Control (QC) w/o issue. Delivery was by train, then after being unloaded, the final leg of the journey was by transport truck to the dealer. Having said that, from 3000 status to actual delivery can vary GREATLY due to all the possible delays inbetween. I'll let others give you an educated guess on that. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about that, since you'll just drive yourself nuts. Be happy you WILL get a C8, unlike others, and focus on the TPW by having your salesman monitor it, plus ask to be advised when your car hits event Code:

-3800 (vehicle produced, VIN available: get the VIN; it allows you to get insurance or at least a more accurate quote)
-4000 (vehicle available to be shipped)
-4B00 (order bayed; vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for QC. Ask your dealer to find out if it HAS been delayed by QC)
-4200 (order shipped)

Your dealer is usually the best source of info. Some contact Shane at the NCM but many are now saying we shouldn't wear him out with enquiries...

Personally and having lived through all this, being anxious/impatient changes nothing, so focusing on what you're going to do when you get the car, is likely a better use of your energy/effort. Read the owner's manual (easily found on-line), research then buy accessories; plan things like PPF/ceramic coating (if desired); talk to your insurer and others to track down the best coverage and rates, etc.

Nice to know there'll soon be another C8 on the road in Alberta (where are you in Alberta?). Good luck and congrats!

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
I ordered mine 3 days ago, and was told (by a salseman, so you can stop reading now if you like) a week prior to ordering, that I might see it by late summer, early fall. I then went to see the cashier lady, and she said next summer was more likely, in which case I may be into a 2024. If what Denis suggested is true, my sales guy might be right. I think I saw somewhere that 23 stops first of September, and 24 starts a week later, after assembly line retooling for the next model year. August would be nice but I'm not going to worry about it too much. Can't change it, either way.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
I ordered mine 3 days ago, and was told (by a salseman, so you can stop reading now if you like) a week prior to ordering, that I might see it by late summer, early fall. I then went to see the cashier lady, and she said next summer was more likely, in which case I may be into a 2024. If what Denis suggested is true, my sales guy might be right. I think I saw somewhere that 23 stops first of September, and 24 starts a week later, after assembly line retooling for the next model year. August would be nice but I'm not going to worry about it too much. Can't change it, either way.
MK, did your dealer submit and order with an allocation or did you just pay a deposit to get on a list waiting to order your car?
The End of Model Year Production is September 1st for 2023. Tuesday September 5th is Start of Model Year Production for 2024.
Retooling time is over the weekend and Monday the 4th. Who did you order with?

Scott, for the past couple of months, cars have been sitting at 3000 status for 6 weeks and being built in week 7. I am tracking a car being built next week with this timetable.
To Alberta, cars are trucked to Toledo, Ohio and then sent by rail out west. The typical delivery time to Alberta is 1 month unfortunately. That is more than double the time
it takes us to get the cars to Ontario. Trucks usually take the cars the week after they are built and released for shipping to the next shipping point. For us they come direct and
can be here the next day.

MK, did your dealer submit and order with an allocation or did you just pay a deposit to get on a list waiting to order your car?
The End of Model Year Production is September 1st for 2023. Tuesday September 5th is Start of Model Year Production for 2024.
Retooling time is over the weekend and Monday the 4th. Who did you order with?
Good question. I think I got the last allocation spot, they get 5 per year, Park Lane in Sarnia, with 2 others ahead of me, one of which might drop out, according to the salesman. Again, now that you ask, I'm not sure. This is all new to me. He did say he delivered one 2 weeks ago. Maybe the 5th one before that. We're not a haven for top end sports car buyers, particularly Corvettes, unless you mean "vintage".
The owner's C7 is in the showroom. Nice car, but not a C8.
btw, have you had any experience with Ceramic Pro in London?

Last edited:
Good question. I think I got the last allocation spot, they get 5 per year, Park Lane in Sarnia, with 2 others ahead of me, one of which might drop out, according to the salesman. Again, now that you ask, I'm not sure. This is all new to me. He did say he delivered one 2 weeks ago. Maybe the 5th one before that. We're not a haven for top end sports car buyers, particularly Corvettes, unless you mean "vintage".
The owner's C7 is in the showroom. Nice car, but not a C8.
Ok, so based on what you said your on the list waiting for an allocation. There is only one more allocation for the 2023 Model Year for August build, so you'll be looking at a 2024.
I drove a C7 three weeks ago, like you said not a C8.
I haven't used the Ceramic Pro location in London. They don't have many reviews and the local location has a 1 Star rating. Scotties shine shop is the most popular detailing and PPF shop
in town. I do my own wet sanding, paint correction and ceramic coating on my cars.

Reactions: MKinOntario
Ok, so based on what you said your on the list waiting for an allocation. There is only one more allocation for the 2023 Model Year for August build, so you'll be looking at a 2024.
I drove a C7 three weeks ago, like you said not a C8.
I haven't used the Ceramic Pro location in London. They don't have many reviews and the local location has a 1 Star rating. Scotties shine shop is the most popular detailing and PPF shop
in town. I do my own wet sanding, paint correction and ceramic coating on my cars.
Like I said before, can't change it either way so I'll just wait and see. Sales guy said there had been some changes and he said might get one sooner. Would be a nice surprise.
Thanks for the PPF info. I'll check local out here but good to know.

Not the one in London, but my car has Ceramic Pro PPF and ceramic from CeramicProMarkham. Let me know if you want the pricing I paid.

Reactions: MKinOntario
thanks everyone, i got my TPW today which was a bit of a surprise and yes i know it's the "T" part that is still a bit of a mystery but May 29th TPW is pretty good so i am not complaining. I was just wondering as I had heard which was proven by Murray to not be true, that Cdn cars were being produced in large numbers. Either way i was more curious about the actual shipping time to Calgary. I am in Red Deer and my dealership said it wouldn't surprise them if the car took up to 35 business days to ship as that has been their standard shipping time out of Eastern US the past 6-8 months for all vehicles. I guess if that's the case oh well, i could still be on a wait list so will be thankful I got lucky and got an allocation quickly.
Thanks everyone for the info, I just feel like a pain in the butt asking all these questions to my dealership as I am sure they are sick of me and they have been so good to me I don't want to be a burden......so thanks for lettign me pick all your guys brains!!

Scott, for the past couple of months, cars have been sitting at 3000 status for 6 weeks and being built in week 7. I am tracking a car being built next week with this timetable.
To Alberta, cars are trucked to Toledo, Ohio and then sent by rail out west. The typical delivery time to Alberta is 1 month unfortunately. That is more than double the time
it takes us to get the cars to Ontario. Trucks usually take the cars the week after they are built and released for shipping to the next shipping point. For us they come direct and
can be here the next day.
thanks for this and I just heard today TPW May 29th so lets hope no delays, the month shipping will be a long enough wait.

Delivery time for me was one month to Calgary, from date of production, but that was a couple years ago for a 2020. I was lucky and my car sailed through Quality Control (QC) w/o issue. Delivery was by train, then after being unloaded, the final leg of the journey was by transport truck to the dealer. Having said that, from 3000 status to actual delivery can vary GREATLY due to all the possible delays inbetween. I'll let others give you an educated guess on that. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about that, since you'll just drive yourself nuts. Be happy you WILL get a C8, unlike others, and focus on the TPW by having your salesman monitor it, plus ask to be advised when your car hits event Code:

-3800 (vehicle produced, VIN available: get the VIN; it allows you to get insurance or at least a more accurate quote)
-4000 (vehicle available to be shipped)
-4B00 (order bayed; vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for QC. Ask your dealer to find out if it HAS been delayed by QC)
-4200 (order shipped)

Your dealer is usually the best source of info. Some contact Shane at the NCM but many are now saying we shouldn't wear him out with enquiries...

Personally and having lived through all this, being anxious/impatient changes nothing, so focusing on what you're going to do when you get the car, is likely a better use of your energy/effort. Read the owner's manual (easily found on-line), research then buy accessories; plan things like PPF/ceramic coating (if desired); talk to your insurer and others to track down the best coverage and rates, etc.

Nice to know there'll soon be another C8 on the road in Alberta (where are you in Alberta?). Good luck and congrats!
Red Deer, and thanks...........wanna race up the QE2??

Not the one in London, but my car has Ceramic Pro PPF and ceramic from CeramicProMarkham. Let me know if you want the pricing I paid.
Murray I'm curious what you paid for your PPF if you don't mind sharing as I think it is a total rip off here in Alberta, the prices I'm being quoted are about enough to make me throw up if I'm being honest. last one I got was $3300 for the front end (fullhood and all the way to the doors)A pillars and leading edge on the roof for a HTC. Side mirrors and headlights were included but I thought that was a bit aggressive for PPF. Might need to make a road trip to another province or city at these prices

Murray I'm curious what you paid for your PPF if you don't mind sharing as I think it is a total rip off here in Alberta, the prices I'm being quoted are about enough to make me throw up if I'm being honest. last one I got was $3300 for the front end (fullhood and all the way to the doors)A pillars and leading edge on the roof for a HTC. Side mirrors and headlights were included but I thought that was a bit aggressive for PPF. Might need to make a road trip to another province or city at these prices
It's all in this post.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.