Like I noted, it was built (3800 status) on March 13th, or at least that's what I was told. My original delivery date was given as May 23rd. Since then two other dates were given, which have both come and gone. Right now my dealer is not giving me a date. The only response they have, is that sometimes they get vehicles in reasonable amount of time, and sometimes they take much longer, as there are shortages of various transportation resources. It's totally amazing how they can build a car in a day, using Just in Time delivery of all the parts, but can't deliver the car for 4-5months! I've offered on numerous occasions that I will pick the car up myself, but they say they can't do that.

Like I noted, it was built (3800 status) on March 13th, or at least that's what I was told. My original delivery date was given as May 23rd. Since then two other dates were given, which have both come and gone. Right now my dealer is not giving me a date. The only response they have, is that sometimes they get vehicles in reasonable amount of time, and sometimes they take much longer, as there are shortages of various transportation resources. It's totally amazing how they can build a car in a day, using Just in Time delivery of all the parts, but can't deliver the car for 4-5months! I've offered on numerous occasions that I will pick the car up myself, but they say they can't do that.
If you got the Z06 from Sherwood Chev your car was produced on April 19th. I dont believe the dealers bs they just dont know themselves, when a car that was built 1 month after yours just went right through your city on its way to Calgary something is not right should be first come first serve at the hub. Maybe an email to Mary Barra is needed.

Last edited:
I've offered on numerous occasions that I will pick the car up myself, but they say they can't do that.
You can't if it's in the US. You technically can if it's in Canada. Your dealer has to do it, but you can arrange the trailer etc.

If you got the Z06 from Sherwood Chev your car was produced on April 19th. I dont believe the dealers bs they just dont know themselves, when a car that was built 1 month after yours just went right through your city on its way to Calgary something is not right should be first come first serve at the hub. Maybe an email to Mary Barra is needed.
I got it from SMP. I never received any kind of formal notification of the 3800 status on March 13th - only verbal. Definitely, something doesn't seem right here. If first come, first serve has any bearing on my situation, I placed my initial deposit 3.5 years ago. I was first in line at this dealer for a Z06. The dealership hasn't indicated that they have taken any kind of proactive measures with GM to get this car moving. They claim they can't do anything about it. Maybe I do need to go higher up.

I got it from SMP. I never received any kind of formal notification of the 3800 status on March 13th - only verbal. Definitely, something doesn't seem right here. If first come, first serve has any bearing on my situation, I placed my initial deposit 3.5 years ago. I was first in line at this dealer for a Z06. The dealership hasn't indicated that they have taken any kind of proactive measures with GM to get this car moving. They claim they can't do anything about it. Maybe I do need to go higher up.
This is really strange SMP is not showing any Z06 allocation, i can not find a window sticker created for a Z06 for them only stingrays but Sherwood showing one in April and C8 tracker is pretty accurate. Did you get a VIN number if not ask SMP im curious now.

I have the VIN now. I checked C8Tracker, but it's not listed there. Do you know where I could find more info and track? Thanks.
Yes. The numbers are reported daily on Facebook and the midengine forum. If you want DM me your vin and I'll tell you on what day it was built.

Last edited:
Reactions: DenisC8
Mine was built May 29th and has been to KC for the second time now after going there then rail car not showing up and going back to BG for a month now second time to KC yard an hope it ships this time so guys it's a crap shoot I guess and I hope you all have better luck than me. As my new ETA is August 14th so 2 1/2 months after build date I might have it :Beatdeadhorse: kinda feels like this!!

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
I created a spreadsheet and tracked the numbers for 3 years. I gave up when the Z06 came out and passed it on to someone else on the midengine forum. He has now given up also. Here's the last reported spreadsheet. Numbers are start and finish each day with the total in red

1690492088290.png

Reactions: DenisC8
Last edited:
Murray, we do appreciate all the hard work everyone does on the forums. My sales guy mentioned they were aware of all the sleuthing being done on the forums. So they know we're watching things closely.
We've already had one run in with a dealer who at first lied about who he was and then when caught tried to argue his way out.
If dealers are honest with their customers and do their job right, they have nothing to lose. Information is a powerful tool and can work both ways. The ones that complain are the ones who are not honest and are always trying to find ways to put themselves ahead at the cost of their customer. The ones that are honest will answer truthfully and are saying the same things we are. We are doing nothing illegal so the sooner they smarten up the better we'll all be.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for your comments, and thanks to Murray for looking up my VIN. I now have confirmation that it was built on March 16th. I think my dealer is doing everything they can to get me the car, but it just seems so crazy that it's taking this long. I guess I'll just have to have patience and hope I get this thing before the snow flies!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread