Mine was supposed to be in Regina 3 days ago its now been over 2 months since it was built , I think if I order again im just ordering from down east this rail transport is just ridiculous my car started out going from BG plant all the way to the east coast by New York. I messaged the dealer today to see wtf seems im sitting at GM Fairfax yard with no explanation why. Just gross 🤮

Here is my timing so far as I am also in Calgary. Car was built on June 12th, original ETA I was provided by the dealership was July 13th. I’ve watched a decent number of cars come through that have been in the 30 days from its build date so thought that would be accurate. Due to the rail shipping issues, it sat at KC in the rail yard for way too long, but last update I got was it’s moving again and was in Chicago. My current new ETA is July 31st. Overall not too bad but I should would have liked to have had it on July 13th like I was thinking.

Here is my timing so far as I am also in Calgary. Car was built on June 12th, original ETA I was provided by the dealership was July 13th. I’ve watched a decent number of cars come through that have been in the 30 days from its build date so thought that would be accurate. Due to the rail shipping issues, it sat at KC in the rail yard for way too long, but last update I got was it’s moving again and was in Chicago. My current new ETA is July 31st. Overall not too bad but I should would have liked to have had it on July 13th like I was thinking.
How did you know about the rail issues and knowing it's now in Chicago? I'm in lethbridge and my car was built around June 19th, so hoping that then my car will arrive on same train as yours.

How did you know about the rail issues and knowing it's now in Chicago? I'm in lethbridge and my car was built around June 19th, so hoping that then my car will arrive on same train as yours.
Ask your dealer they can track the car. GM uses Freightverify it will have an ETA on it but its about as reliable as a Nigerian bank

• Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
Was told yesterday that my car was still in KC as of 8AM yesterday, but the ETA was still this week. Who knows?!?

I find it funny that I can apparently track a $5 Amazon purchase with more accuracy than a $130k vehicle...
Im guessing your ETA will expire like mine did and move to 'Delayed Pending Pickup' ive been sitting at that status for a few weeks now

My C8 was produced July 18. Now it
Screenshot 2023-07-25 134554.png
is in the KS rail yard with an estimated delivery date of Aug 18 to Edmonton.

What the hell, is Kansas City some kind of Bermuda Triangle for Corvettes?!?

You would think with half a million or more worth of Corvettes sitting in a storage yard somewhere that someone would want to get paid for those cars? Time value of money. Apparently the Just In Time approach only works until the car leaves the factory...

Thats strange mine was built week of June 19th and has arrived at my dealership in lethbridge yesterday

There are lots of news stories about how the rail companies are struggling with staffing.

I ask my dealer every few days for an update to see if it’s moving. He shows me the route it’s taken. Good news is it’s now close and the eta is still July 31st even though it looks like the train will arrive perhaps today in Calgary.

So far it’s route from KC was Chicago, Winnipeg, Regina (it was there yesterday) and next stop is Calgary hoping today.

Thats strange mine was built week of June 19th and has arrived at my dealership in lethbridge yesterday
I’m hoping mine comes in on train today, not sure the time it takes to unload and move it to the dealer. They still say July 31 eta but yesterday it was in Regina.

Last week the dealer had three arrive and by checking the vins, I saw that two were built 5 days before mine, and one was built 5 days after mine, yet it still got here faster. I’m not sure if they just randomly load cars on trains over do first come first serve.

Well guys it's finally being built. I was driving to the east coast two weeks ago and got a call from my sales guy. The build day is July 31 and I hope it ships a little faster than my last one
IMG_4228.png

Once you get your vin, this sheet can be used to estimate your build day. Based on production, numbers at the end of usually get bumped to the following day. There is a guy who updates this daily on a c8 Facebook group that I tracked my actual build day from.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.