Well haven't posted anything good in a while so here it is. Got the ebrake cable from CC and installed it. Much better. Finished off the brakes and clamped down the brake lines. Installed the new fuel tank and components. Riley came out to build a chin up bar in my shop and stayed to help put my tranny back on my engine. I was going to tear down the engine but due to cost constraints and the fact that it was a perfectly running engine when removed I decided to just clean it up and use it (for now). Got it set back on the frame. Next was the usual C3 water pump issue. My engine seems to be sitting slightly lower than pictures I found on the internet and so I couldn't even fit a 45 or 90 fitting in for the heater send line. I followed the port up to the top and drilled and tapped for 3/8" NPT so I could put a fitting there. Plugged the original spot. The return side I could fit a 90 so I left it there. I also had to clearance the one header tube right by the steering box with a very special header tube clearancing tool......yes, a hammer. I know what you're thinking, but I took my time and it turned out nice and smooth. There is about 3/16" clearance now. Now the engine is all bolted in and should be there to stay! YAY! Now I am trying to figure out the Fuel system. Specifically the EVAP from the Camaro. I was thinking of using the entire system but I am not yet sure how to attach at the tank. Need more research. I don't want to have the smell of gas lingering around the car. If anyone has info or knowledge don't hesitate to contact me. Will be using a inline fuel pump and a filter/reg from a C5. Anyway here are some pics of the water pump mod.

This is all very nice but when are you going to finish so you can start working on mine ? :D On a serious note, I just started her up on Sunday after the long winter's nap and noticed the strong smell of gasoline on my clothes and around the car. Any thoughts ? Does the carb need adjusting ? Do I switch to fuel injection ?

Thanks for any input.

I wish I could help you out Rocky yo but to be honest I don't know as much as it looks like I know. I spend hours searching on the internet and asking people questions. I don't have any issues with carbs and when they are tuned up right they sure are nice. Is it a raw fuel smell or a exhaust fuel smell. Raw fuel smell could possibly the vent line or a cracked hose, maybe? Anyway maybe someone else will chime in.

T

Well got some more done. Power steering is all buttoned up. Used a swagelock to connect the original Camaro line to my Corvette line on the pressure side and a hose mender on the return side. Fits in very nicely and if I need to replace them they are easy to buy and connect again. I then sleeved the lines together with hydraulic blow out sleeve (1.5" diameter) and zip tied it on. I am very happy with how it looks. I sure hope it doesn't leak!

T

So like I said....don't get much done on the car in the summer. Especially this summer. We decided to add on to our house so that took my time and money!

But now that the weather is turning.......time to get back at it. I am ready to fit the driveshaft and mount the fuel system. Then I can start stripping parts off the body, interior, and engine bay. Yay. Now I just need to get my dads 69 Camaro out of my shop to have room again. Or maybe I'll just keep the camaro as payment for the storage!:D

Anyway. Anyone is Saskatoon know where is a good place to get a drivshaft balanced? or maybe shortened and balanced depending on the cost.

Thanks in advance.

Hope to get some progress soon.

T

Anyway. Anyone is Saskatoon know where is a good place to get a drivshaft balanced? or maybe shortened and balanced depending on the cost.

Thanks in advance.

Hope to get some progress soon.

T

.........I had one done long time ago for my one ton I think it was Saskatoon Truck Line, something like that name ????? Actually last year I did one myself for my 81 GMC 1/2 ton, made it longer cause I changed tranny's , worked out OK. It's not that hard to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.