Well Derek.... As much as I would have liked to see a new ZR1 pulling into Ponoka on May12, I also think you made a good decision.... Now we need a picture of that new CTS-V......:rolleyes:

Haha... it’s a 2017 soccer Mom Caddy Eric. Now we are covered for all occasions. From comfortable and spirited cruising with the Vette and Cadillac to the zombie apocalypse with the H1.

9F84AA94-4DC1-47C1-9A98-7F8D08AF58C1.jpeg

I’m actually relieved to be out of the insanity getting ahold of one of the ZR1s.
I have to admit the drama over this car is epic. GM is playing this for every scrap of anxiety and tension they can. Masterfully done too and if you are determined to get one under your butt you got to play the game.
I’m expecting no less for the C8. :Ack2:

Whew.... better now.

Pricing is out...

2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Convertible First Look: Statement Maker - Motor Trend

Pretty much what some of us suspected.... 175-180 K CAD for the loaded up car. ouch...

The forums are going bananas today as most are not celebrating the slight improvement for so much more $$$
A few guys in exactly the same boat as me with their new loaded Z07 Z06s sitting on the fence. Still 30-40K minimum to get A ZR1 for the sticker price. This will be interesting to see if they sell or if there will be some to be had in 6 months...
Based on what leaked yesterday about the C8 engines, the next 12 months for the ZR1 will be very interesting.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Pricing is out...

2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Convertible First Look: Statement Maker - Motor Trend

Pretty much what some of us suspected.... 175-180 K CAD for the loaded up car. ouch...

The forums are going bananas today as most are not celebrating the slight improvement for so much more $$$
A few guys in exactly the same boat as me with their new loaded Z07 Z06s sitting on the fence. Still 30-40K minimum to get A ZR1 for the sticker price. This will be interesting to see if they sell or if there will be some to be had in 6 months...
Based on what leaked yesterday about the C8 engines, the next 12 months for the ZR1 will be very interesting.

Yeah.. Sad. Do they have the options/packages out yet for it or speculation still?

For sure it'll be 180k in CAD assuming allocation is kept low.

If I were a guessing man I'd say they're price lifting in anticipation of the C8 at this stage.

Reactions: ddgermann
They only quote the coupe vs vert pricing. As the ZR1 comes pretty much loaded with the carbon ceramic brakes already the option packages should be fairly scant in terms of variety and range. However the big carbon fiber aero option and what is available otherwise will not be cheap.

Yes based on what I read about the C8 engines and anticipated performance it seem these cars will have a large performance range starting at the current C7 Z06 level and heading up way past the C7 ZR1 power output. (850 - 900) The authors of the article indicate the pricing for the C8 will start at minimum Topped out Z06 range. Makes sense at least until the C7 is out of production.

All this really sucks if its true as many new corvette buyers are left out in the cold then. However it does potentially make a used C7 hold it's value better on the market in a few years; as the new C8s may be simply be too much $$.

Derek, you could give me your C7Z and in return I would give you a tax receipt of some description which you could in turn get a free ZR1 with. I am still working out the details so bear with me.:ROFL:

Well that the most interesting proposal I've had all day Murray. Sounds win/win so far. ;)

Sheesh....I missed the bus on this transaction.... I could buy it as farm equipment.... Hook the harrows up to it once .... Fail to get a crop in that year.... Claim it as a bad investment loss and sell it to myself for 10 cents on the dollar... Voila`.... Z06 for 15k.... not counting losing the farm... :(...never mind... scrap that idea...

Personally, I think it is an annoying video (Chuck's rant) that isn't correct as pricing was announced much lower than "north of $150KUS" The entire rant is based on that. The coupe will start at $119,995, and the convertible will require parting with $123,995.

Sorry ... hate, hate, hate those rims..... Cdn pricing yet? I am going to bet many will be surprised. $129K Cdn would match the same differential as the Z06 to Cdn/US pricing but I am going to bet $127,900 base.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riley P
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread