Ya, read 2000-3000 ... that helps.But 90-95% probably will be for America

B

Yes Brian it will be interesting to see how that goes. Chevrolet has made some puzzling moves in the past with the Canadian customers not being able to get Corvettes with limited builds for Canada. Hopefully that is not the case this time.
I will know in a couple weeks. Second stop will be the dealership to know where I stand as the order date is almost the same day I get back..

We would be challenged to find a road to open it up on. All that hp and no place to use it. I suppose one to go to a track if that's your thing. I'm a cruiser not a racer so I may just have to pass on this one. It looks real nice though.

Finding a road for the power is no more of an issue than what we drive now Rick. Our C7 Stingrays top out at 300 kph and will get there pretty quick considering. The ZR1 tops out at 337 kph and will definitely get there quick. No, we don't have an Autobahn but that may or may not be just a minor hindrance depending on the person and what they feel their limits are. I also like to cruise but I like to play as well. Where I use and enjoy my horsepower most is from zero to my chosen operating speed, and when I want, or feel the need to pass other vehicles. There is nothing like having that power at your disposal whether you use it, or a portion of it, often or not. I expect I would enjoy the ZR1 horsepower in exactly the same manner that I enjoy my Stingray now.

Please note that all statements I have made in regards to vehicle speed are factory specifications. Yours truly has not necessarily confirmed these speeds and by all means is not recommending anyone drive these speeds on public roads. :)

Last edited:
I’m curious about the updates to the A8 they mentioned. Quicker shifting... wonder if the guys with the current A8 who are not thrilled have a possible reprogramming fix now.

That would be great for them if so. :Biggrin:

The Corvette keeps the seven-speed manual, but buyers can also choose an automatic for the first time in a ZR1 with GM’s eight-speed with paddle-shift. There was speculation the model could receive GM’s new 10-speed co-developed with Ford, but Juechter said that unit doesn’t fit the Corvette architecture and was never designed to. Instead, they updated the eight-speed to shift faster.

Hey Eric, maybe they put a 3rd gear in this one?? :facepalm::Shrug2::Shifty:

Can always shift from 2nd to 4th.... if they sell any automatics that is.... They have never put an auto in a ZR1 before.... Maybe the Arabs asked them to this time..... errrrr....o_O

Finding a road for the power is no more of an issue than what we drive now Rick. Our C7 Stingrays top out at 300 kph and will get there pretty quick considering. The ZR1 tops out at 337 kph and will definitely get there quick. No, we don't have an Autobahn but that may or may not be just a minor hindrance depending on the person and what they feel their limits are. I also like to cruise but I like to play as well. Where I use and enjoy my horsepower most is from zero to my chosen operating speed, and when I want, or feel the need to pass other vehicles. There is nothing like having that power at your disposal whether you use it, or a portion of it, often or not. I expect I would enjoy the ZR1 horsepower in exactly the same manner that I enjoy my Stingray now.

Please note that all statements I have made in regards to vehicle speed are factory specifications. Yours truly has not necessarily confirmed these speeds and by all means is not recommending anyone drive these speeds on public roads. :)

No they top out at about 270. inside joke sorry. Jeffy

Reactions: ddgermann
Not super impressed.

“After driving this around for a while the Z06 feels really sluggish,” said Juechter.

Anyone who would say this is a douche. Especially him.

There is nothing sluggish about the Z06s. Time for Derek to crunch some numbers... but first thought.. meh
If the price matches the actual limited upgrades to the car over the Z06 it might be worth it. If it’s 160k loaded.... pass

Derek, your car from this point forward, shall forthwith be named... SLUGGISH. Feel free to order your custom license plate :)

Derek, your car from this point forward, shall forthwith be named... SLUGGISH. Feel free to order your custom license plate :)

Your amusing little name for my Z is fine with me. It just seemed like a poor choice for a word to describe any Corvette.... except it seems in this case he was working to get the folks to drink the Koolaid on the ZR1.
Ya sure... I will get right on that plate. :Biggrin:
Just worried it’s already taken...as there are lots of C7 Z06s running around.

I wonder if you could use that in court to fight a speeding ticket. Well Your Honour the engineer from General Motors on the Corvette team said himself the C7 Z06 is "sluggish". I am sure that defence would work.:ROFL:

I know the guys job is to build excitement around the brand/model but there are so many better ways he could have said the same thing without insulting all those who bought the previous monster model. Maybe something like "all those owners of the current Corvette C7Z06 owe it to themselves to have a serious look at the new ZR1, you will be impressed with its stunning performance".

Reactions: Pep and ddgermann
Unfortunately (unlike Ontario), we have a seven character limit on our vanity plates.... Perhaps you would consider "US2BNO1"....or maybe "US2BFST" for your Z06.....:rolleyes::Banghead::eek:.....

Naw.... This license plate talk is all for naught Derek..ZR1...ZR1..... You know you want one.... Look at those lines...

18chcr35054-v10-1510488489.jpg

The way that raised hood panel dishes to the side and then sweeps back down to the nose...
The subtle European thinning of the mirror mounts ...
That full ram air designed front end....
Four radiators....count em.... Four!...
Limited production (no matter what GM is saying)...
Probably only on the market until the Zora debuts....
The first one in your neighbourhood ...
The only one at the meet and greets ......
Dislocated necks on every street every time you take her out for a run...
An exhaust note that will scare grown men and make women and children cry....
It will start appreciating after 2021....
And for the Coup de Grace, It may even be worth more than Brians C6 someday.... (LOL...Only joking Brian)....

Is this working Derek....Should I give up engineering and go into car sales?.....

:hypno::ROFL:

and my weekly YYSSW award goes to ....
yyssw1.jpg
:) This one to be presented by, Derek ;)

... now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast ... the C7-ZR1​

Last edited:
... ok ... working on finding an open door to the "rights" for a ZR1 allocation ...
now I just need to figure out how to spend $7.5M on my Scotia GM Visa Card to get it for free ;)
would this might be a sure thing with the buying part and the winning part of the lottery tickets idea that others have :rolleyes: ?
It'll need Calculus though ...
Ah-ha ... I'll get people to give me their cash at the kiosk to buy their lottery tickets on my Scotia GM Visa Card ...​

Last edited:
Unfortunately (unlike Ontario), we have a seven character limit on our vanity plates.... Perhaps you would consider "US2BNO1"....or maybe "US2BFST" for your Z06.....:rolleyes::Banghead::eek:.....

Naw.... This license plate talk is all for naught Derek..ZR1...ZR1..... You know you want one.... Look at those lines...

18chcr35054-v10-1510488489.jpg

The way that raised hood panel dishes to the side and then sweeps back down to the nose...
The subtle European thinning of the mirror mounts ...
That full ram air designed front end....
Four radiators....count em.... Four!...
Limited production (no matter what GM is saying)...
Probably only on the market until the Zora debuts....
The first one in your neighbourhood ...
The only one at the meet and greets ......
Dislocated necks on every street every time you take her out for a run...
An exhaust note that will scare grown men and make women and children cry....
It will start appreciating after 2021....
And for the Coup de Grace, It may even be worth more than Brians C6 someday.... (LOL...Only joking Brian)....

Is this working Derek....Should I give up engineering and go into car sales?.....

:hypno::ROFL:

For sure I love the look of the latest ZR1. My visit to the dealership who is holding my deposit for the hopeful allocation will be telling on all fronts. Price / color / Availability / trade in value of my current 17 Z06.
As I said I was really looking for 800+ HP out of this car but now it will come down to the numbers being worth the upgrade as what’s not to like otherwise... except the insane fact the wing prevents anything being put in the car from the back. Should make storing or recovering the roof panel pretty darn interesting....
Either way I’m driving a new fully loaded Z07 Corvette trade or not. I doubt Jeffer would describe the one I have now as sluggish. His opinion is actually a first hand one. ;)

OK Gentlemen.
Warning about using the new release of Car & Driver to hint on the upcoming purchase that you are thinking about ...
I found the New Magazine today ...
yippee ...
;)

IMG_3467.JPG
So I bought it and started my strategic placement around the house with hope of her asking "what's that"?
:angelic: :Shrug2: :angelic:

Well she took the bait right off the bat and said
"let's see what this is all about"!
:thumbs:
...and STRIKE 1
:eek:
She opened up the magazine directly to page 35
and this stuff should be outlawed in Car Magazines ... darn it !
:Rage:

IMG_3466.JPG
an advertisement for Diamonds!
:Banghead:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread