Out of interest.....Here is a Calloway quote for 757 HP upgrade to the Z06. Keep in mind this is in US dollars so this equates to about 22k Cdn. Derek.... Jump in here anytime.... Doesn't that equate to just over 152k for a loaded Z06 upgraded to ZR1 power levels? Hmmmmmmm.....

Drivetrain Specifications
Engine Supercharged, 6.2-liter V-8
Horsepower (HP @ RPM) 757 @ 6,200
Torque (LB-FT @ RPM) 777 @ 4,500
Acceleration (0-60 MPH) 2.8 sec.
Quarter mile 10.5 seconds at 131 mph
Prices
To get the Callaway Corvette Z06 package, prepare to shell out $16,995. Added to the MSRP of a base Z06 ($79,000), and you’re looking at a figure just under $100,000.
I still think you can get to about 750 hp on a z06 with about $10,000 in upgrades, supercharger, headers and a few nik naks.:) Don't have to go the Calloway route.

I still think you can get to about 750 hp on a z06 with about $10,000 in upgrades, supercharger, headers and a few nik naks.:) Don't have to go the Calloway route.

Understood but I’m not trashing my warranty for a few thousand bucks. I would choose the Callaway for my new Z which is all factory endorsed.
Now there are some C7 Z06s coming off warranty that a guy can pick up cheap and do exactly what you say. Pretty good option for getting a reasonably priced 750 HP C7 Z06.

;)

With the overheating issue more hp is more heat.

There is a 710/750/800 package for the C6 ZR1 .... would do it if I was keeping the car long term... who knows what I am doing.... haha.

Well, C7 ZR1 order in....... delivery in 2018 so that will happen. Now the wait..

B

Understood but I’m not trashing my warranty for a few thousand bucks. I would choose the Callaway for my new Z which is all factory endorsed.
Now there are some C7 Z06s coming off warranty that a guy can pick up cheap and do exactly what you say. Pretty good option for getting a reasonably priced 750 HP C7 Z06.

;)
Yes, good point about the warranty.

Reactions: ddgermann
Thats one heck of an aggressive looking front end. Its telling you it means business.... on the other hand, I'm not a big fan of the elevated rear wing.

The rear wing is optional but is a big selling point in the 900lbs of downforce they claim.
Not like most of us would need it either.
Agreed on the looks and apparent functionality of the nose and hood. It does look aggressive.

Beautiful car for sure. I’m thinking the rear wing will be liked by those 29 and under. Once you hit 30,you’d feel too much like,29.

Myself,$$ being no worries? I’d want one of each. The coupe with the tall boy wing and a Vert with the low profile deck spoiler. Merry Christmas Mikey !! The coupe being blue and the Vert being grey.

Reactions: ddgermann
Beautiful car for sure. I’m thinking the rear wing will be liked by those 29 and under. Once you hit 30,you’d feel too much like,29.

Myself,$$ being no worries? I’d want one of each. The coupe with the tall boy wing and a Vert with the low profile deck spoiler. Merry Christmas Mikey !! The coupe being blue and the Vert being grey.

52 and would take the big wing......

Not 100% with it ( big wing ) but it would go good with my Stig sticker on the side rear hatch glass..... :)

Dk Blue, Grey and Orange are the colors I would go with....... since the roof removes a coupe is fine.... then again the roof takes up space in the hatch

Hum............

B

Myself, 58 and I love the wing and all the down force goodness it offers. It just might take 2 more years to come up with the money.

Was at a Chevy dealer talking about ZR1 ordering ( prices still not known but was talking to a fleet boss ) ... the prices will be high for the first two years..... maybe in two years if it is still being built prices will be a bit more normal on the car.

B

Was at a Chevy dealer talking about ZR1 ordering ( prices still not known but was talking to a fleet boss ) ... the prices will be high for the first two years..... maybe in two years if it is still being built prices will be a bit more normal on the car.

B

So Brian you ordered the ZR1 without getting a firm price? Brave man.
Actually people do that all the time. The car will be “gone in 60 seconds” anyway if you don’t take it.
As long as your deposit comes back... it’s actually pretty clever.
As the answer was unclear... I wasn’t willing to risk losing a part or all of a 20k deposit last month so I let mine go. :Arghh:

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread