:thumbs:
...and STRIKE 1
:eek:
She opened up the magazine directly to page 35
and this stuff should be outlawed in Car Magazines ... darn it !
:Rage:

View attachment 12779
an advertisement for Diamonds!
:Banghead:

Ummmmm.... Just a suggestion but try telling her she has her diamond under cover sitting in the garage already.... Unless of course she's the one buying the family diamonds...;)

Reactions: ddgermann
Either way I’m driving a new fully loaded Z07 Corvette trade or not. I doubt Jeffer would describe the one I have now as sluggish. His opinion is actually a first hand one. ;)

My Rav4 is sluggish.... My Yukon is sluggish.... My Sierra is sluggish.... My German Shepherd Quinn is not sluggish and my C7 Stingray is not sluggish... So no way in helle is your Z06 sluggish... no matter what Tadge says....lol....

And she's up on Chevy's page:

2019 Corvette ZR1 Supercar Reveal | Chevrolet

Consider the pace set
ZR1 has returned to the throne to push the legendary Corvette legacy to its highest point ever. It’s a supercar that’s at once luxurious and overwhelmingly capable, delivering the icon’s fastest, most powerful, most advanced performance to date. Drivers — hail the new King.

THE FINEST
Function’s finest form yet
From the commanding stance to the muscular lines to the extensive use of carbon fiber, ZR1 was designed with one purpose in mind: performance. Take, for example, the stunning chevron-patterned carbon-fiber halo hood and engine cover. These pieces were meticulously crafted to shed weight and house the potent engine beneath — their shapes every bit as functional as they are stunning.

From where you sit, every twist and turn offers a new thrill
The interior welcomes you into a truly driver-focused oasis with standard leather seating surfaces with available sueded-microfiber inserts and unique ZR1 interior badging. Taking indulgence a step further, the 3ZR trim level adds heated and vented Napa leather seating surfaces, a leather steering wheel with carbon-fiber rim, the Performance Data Recorder, Bose® premium audio and more.

em-2019-corvette-65e-design-06.jpg

Sebring Orange Design Package
Bask in the glow. The Sebring Orange Design Package spotlights the center of attention with unmistakable Sebring Orange Tintcoat exterior paint. Orange brake calipers, rocker and splitter accent stripes, seat belts and interior stitching, as well as exclusive bronze aluminum interior trim fully complement the package.

em-2019-corvette-65e-design-05.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-design-03.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-design-04.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-design-05.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-design-03.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-gal-ext-03.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-gal-ext-04.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-gal-int-02.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-gal-ext-01.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-gal-ext-05.jpg

Gallery10 Photos
THE GREATEST
Irrefutable proof that it’s what’s inside that counts
The most powerful production Corvette ever made, ZR1 wields a new hand-assembled LT5 small block 6.2L supercharged V8 engine — an engineering marvel deservingly crowned by the book matched carbon-fiber cover.

em-2019-corvette-65e-performance-01.jpg

HP and Torque
ZR1 delivers 755 horsepower and 715 lb.-ft. of torque, with over 600 lb.-ft. of torque available from 2200 rpm to redline.

Supercharger
The largest Eaton® supercharger to date delivers peak boost pressure of 13 psi and 52% larger displacement than the LT4 supercharger. With high-flow efficiency 4-lobe design rotors, it maintains peak effectiveness at higher speeds.

Throttle Body
A new 95 mm bore throttle complements the larger supercharger and dual fuel injection system to flow plenty of air into the LT5 engine.

Dual Fuel Injection System
A Chevrolet first, the new dual fuel injection system uses a port fuel rail and injectors, in addition to the Direct Injection system, to provide supplemental fueling during power enrichment moments.

Dry-Sump Lubrication
ZR1 features a dry-sump oil system, whereby oil is pumped into the engine from a 9.8 quart-capacity tank within the engine bay, ensuring oil flow to critical areas is not affected by high g-force cornering.

em-2019-corvette-65e-performance-02.jpg

Major stopping power
Standard high-performance Brembo® carbon ceramic brakes featuring front 15.5-inch rotors with 6-piston calipers and rear 15.3-inch rotors with 4-piston calipers provide ultimate stopping performance.

em-2019-corvette-65e-performance-03.jpg

Well-grounded
Supreme power finds balance on aluminum 19" front and 20" rear wheels clad in Michelin® Pilot® Super Sport P285/30ZR19 front and P335/25ZR20 rear summer-only tires† — a combination that works in precise harmony with standard magnetic selective ride control, performance traction management and eLSD. Or opt for the ZTK Performance Package to connect to road and track with Michelin Sport Cup 2® summer-only tires† and a uniquely-tuned suspension.

ZTK Performance Package
The available ZTK Performance Package was developed with a singular focus: conquering the track in record time. It adds the high rear wing and carbon fiber end caps to the front splitter for increased downforce, as well as Michelin Sport Cup 2® summer-only tires†, a stiffer chassis and specific Magnetic Ride Control™ tuning for optimized cornering grip.

em-2019-corvette-65e-performance-04.jpg

THE SMARTEST
A force to be reckoned with
Using technology born from the Corvette racing program and engineered through lengthy testing, two sophisticated aerodynamic configurations allow ZR1 to channel its supercar strength with precision and poise.

LOW WING
The standard rear wing is a significant top speed enabler, offering 20 percent less drag than the available adjustable high wing, yet still helping create more downforce than the standard Z06.

em-2019-corvette-65e-technology-01v2.jpg

HIGH WING
The stanchion-mounted carbon-fiber high wing creates about 60 percent more downforce than the current Z06 with Z07 Performance Package while maintaining similar drag. It can be mechanically adjusted up to five degrees for different levels of downforce.

em-2019-corvette-65e-technology-02v2.jpg

FRONT UNDERWING
A Corvette first, ZR1 borrows front underwing technology from the race car world to turn its closeout panel into a downforce control surface.

em-2019-corvette-65e-technology-03v2.jpg

COOLING
ZR1 incorporates the power steering cooler, differential oil cooler and transmission cooling module from Z06 and adds five additional radiators — including four new front outboard radiators and a new front low temperature radiator — to help cool the powerful LT5 power plant.

em-2019-corvette-65e-technology-04v2.jpg

em-2019-corvette-65e-footer.jpg

Stupid question. They are stopping C7 builds in January 2018 for the shortest build ever. The introduce the ZR1 so what else do they have to offer in the Corvette lineup? What am I missing?

My understanding from what I’ve read is the 2018 will be a shortened production year. The 2019 C7 will be available early as 2018 orders will be cut off in in the first part of 18... if not already.
From there..... who knows Murray :)

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Thanks Derek, the evolution of the next generation had me somewhat confused. Is the 2019 expected to be a "base" version of the ZR1 or will that always be a stand alone model? The mid engine car just tosses in another element of brand awareness.

I saw today someone had done a photoshop on the ZR1 to show it in black and my goodness it was stunning. I can see one sitting in your driveway Derek.:thumbs:

Thanks Derek, the evolution of the next generation had me somewhat confused. Is the 2019 expected to be a "base" version of the ZR1 or will that always be a stand alone model? The mid engine car just tosses in another element of brand awareness.

I saw today someone had done a photoshop on the ZR1 to show it in black and my goodness it was stunning. I can see one sitting in your driveway Derek.:thumbs:

Murray as always the ZR1 will be the special flagship model. ZR1 models have been released in many but not all generations of Corvettes.
The base ZR1 will offer 3LZ level of options as standard but they are cleverly offering performance package and interior options to their expensive ultra high end performance car.

Once rolled out, like the C6 generation; ZR1 the C7 ZR1 production years will likely continue until the C7 is retired. 2018 - ? That’s the magic question.
The speculation of GM offering both the C7 and C8 simultaneously for X number of years is going strong.
If I have one in my garage is yet to be determined.
So the only thing we do know is that exciting times are ahead for lovers of Corvette. :thumbs:

My crystal ball indicates the C7 will still be around until 2021.... that may be the last year for it.....The ZR1 is a 2019 model and I think Derek is on the money that they will continue to build the ZR1 through the remainder of the C7 production years. The C8 mid engine Zora will no doubt debut in the 2019 year, either also as a 2019 or possibly they will call it a 2020.

I like the ZR1.... that is an understatement..It is a sweet sweet car and I love the look...... But my wad has been shot with my Stingray.... at least for the time being.... If I did take the plunge, it would definitely be the 3LZ, but for me I see no value in the ZTK option. The high wing (although certainly a conversation piece) is of no interest .. If I was tracking the car and needed the 950 lbs of downforce it provides.... Yes... definitely.... But just for the street it looks a bit like the Subaru ricer wings I smile at around town.... And I still want to be able to put my golf clubs in without using a stepladder or sliding them in sideways across the fender....The Cup 2's, the CF splitter end caps, and the MRC super tuning.....I can do without those too... All in all a sweet car and if I didn't already have a C7 and had 150 laying around, I'd been searching for an allocation right now instead of talking about it.... lol.....

:Woot: OH MY :Woot:
... this addiction is getting harder to avoid by the Day ...
especially in LBR and with this more humble back wing

(non-vert though for me)
(and of all the parking stalls - I sure wouldn't pick this one for a photo op - no screen saver yet)
23658782_10155833584391788_9132445987933224291_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nic pics: I have read quite a bit about this one and to me, it sounds like a beefed up Z06 that GM will get super bucks for; and, I suspect , the dealers will jack-up the MRSP since this is the last ZR1 in the C7 motif, so to speak. I do not like the huge wing on the back; however, I think you can order without it - not sure? A lot of car to drive around town in and cruise. I am not a track guy - so, for me, if I were to buy something other than what I have, it would probably be a Z06. My stingray can scare the "you know what out of me" as it is.

Nic pics: I have read quite a bit about this one and to me, it sounds like a beefed up Z06 that GM will get super bucks for; and, I suspect , the dealers will jack-up the MRSP since this is the last ZR1 in the C7 motif, so to speak. I do not like the huge wing on the back; however, I think you can order without it - not sure? A lot of car to drive around town in and cruise. I am not a track guy - so, for me, if I were to buy something other than what I have, it would probably be a Z06. My stingray can scare the "you know what out of me" as it is.

Respectfully, I sort of disagree James... sort of.... This new ZR1 is no more a beefed up Z06 than the previous three ZR1 generations were to their respective models .... Can the C7 Z06 be beefed up to 750 hp... sure it can but say goodbye to peace of mind dependability and a full factory five year power train warranty. Maybe it's just me but if I were to upgrade my Corvette at this point in time (and had the cash), there's not a doubt it would be the ZR1. A lot of car to drive around town??? Maybe....but so was the Stingray three years ago. And I agree.... The Stingray will scare us if we're not paying attention as well.... The ricer wing is the option that comes with the ZTK package.... I can do without that as well. The new ZR1 is a sweet ride It definitely pulls at my heartstrings.... It's my wallet strings that are the holdup...lol..

Actually Eric the Z06 can be beefed up to slightly more HP and way more torque than the new ZR1 right at the dealership with a Callaway kit. They offered it to me as an option with full factory warranty. A brand new black A8 Z06 was getting one installed the day I bought mine. So..with the same basic engine the ZR1 kind of is a beefed up Z06.....with better airflow and a cool front end. I really..really...really like the look of the ZR1 and that orange actually is not bad either. Although I would be getting black.

But...... For the money other than it looking so great and some higher retained value, this car is not performance and interior uniqueness wise worth it for me personally. (I think)
At the price of 160K for the ZR1; I would consider this a good deal as that's what a new Callaway loaded up 3LZ Z06 Z07 like mine with with all the carbon inside and out costs. So the coolness (pun intended) of the front end design is a bonus. We will all know in a few day just what dealers will be asking for the ZR1. If we can even get them in Canada as some of the guys are predicting a shortage of Canadian allocations like the C6s.
I'm not giving up hope but...the price has to be decent for me to make such a small upgrade. :Biggrin:

Just occured to me..... wondering what the C7 ZR1 can be beefed up to? That number will probably be close to 900..... Where does it end.... :Banghead:

:WillyNilly: :Woohoo::Hurray:

Callaway Corvette

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I stand corrected Derek..... Almost....New engine.... lol....

I expect there will probably be a Canadian allocation shortage as well... which may turn into a dealer cash grab.... hopefully not as that doesn't look good on the dealership....

I stand corrected Derek..... Almost....New engine.... lol....

I expect there will probably be a Canadian allocation shortage as well... which may turn into a dealer cash grab.... hopefully not as that doesn't look good on the dealership....

I'm cautiously optimistic but the rational part of me (which is admittedly rarely in charge) fully believes you are correct the prices on what we can get will be insane based on the few we get to fight over. Ok that was kind of negative.... enough of the rational and back to the GM fantasy world. ;)

OK Gentlemen.
Warning about using the new release of Car & Driver to hint on the upcoming purchase that you are thinking about ...
I found the New Magazine today ...
yippee ...
;)

View attachment 12777
So I bought it and started my strategic placement around the house with hope of her asking "what's that"?
:angelic: :Shrug2: :angelic:

Well she took the bait right off the bat and said
"let's see what this is all about"!
:thumbs:
...and STRIKE 1

Did the same thing, She liked it, color and all, I started by explaining her the difference and upgrades from a ZO6; she argued that I did not buy a ZO6 but a GS 3 months ago :Banghead: then She asked for the price.....:dead:

She MIGHT consider trading the GS for a ZO6 at the end of next summer if I so desire (do not think so...) She knows perfectly well we cannot afford the ZR1 for a couple of years unless we win the lottery ;)

Did the same thing, She liked it, color and all, I started by explaining her the difference and upgrades from a ZO6; she argued that I did not buy a ZO6 but a GS 3 months ago :Banghead: then She asked for the price.....:dead:

We cleaned house this weekend and I was asked ... "Do I still need this magazine"
So my plan A is now tucked away safe-and-sound & out-of-sight
:nailbiting:

IMG_3467.JPG

and with my plan "B" "Christmas Wish" not likely going to work as "we" need other things instead
:Sorry:

dearsanta.jpg

I hope this car is in the Las Vegas Dealership Showroom on June 1st
because this might be my first opportunity to be able to touch this car
and we will both be there ... until then ... all is quiet ...
:Shy:
(this is most likely turning out to be a 100% all-talk & no-action thing ... but it sure keeps the heart beating during hibernation doesn't it)​

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread