I've said it before and I'll say it again.
"You can't miss what you don't got"

Even though it conflicts with another famous person's quote
"You miss 100% of the mag ride you don't take" ;)
Exactly, I've had 9 Vettes none with mag ride, it's a sports car. If you want
a soft ride buy a Cadillac or Bentley!!
If you want to get the true ride of a Vette try a C1 or C2, no mag ride back then.

Reactions: Bunny hop
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
"You can't miss what you don't got"

Even though it conflicts with another famous person's quote
"You miss 100% of the mag ride you don't take" ;)
I have owned mostly sports cars and they did not have mag ride,and I still enjoyed them to the fullest. + Harley Davidson and other motorcycle. I don't mind a stiff ride.

Exactly, I've had 9 Vettes none with mag ride, it's a sports car. If you want
a soft ride buy a Cadillac or Bentley!!
If you want to get the true ride of a Vette try a C1 or C2, no mag ride back then.
But if you can, at the turn of a switch, have a plush ride in your C8 while driving over crappy roads like we have in northern Ontario, and then switch it to a sport suspension when on the better roads anywhere else, then why not? It’s Hard to ride a Bentley when the roads are bad and switch to the C8 when they improve lol. I agree that if I didn’t have mag ride I wouldn’t know the difference- but I have and now I would!

But if you can, at the turn of a switch, have a plush ride in your C8 while driving over crappy roads like we have in northern Ontario, and then switch it to a sport suspension when on the better roads anywhere else, then why not? It’s Hard to ride a Bentley when the roads are bad and switch to the C8 when they improve lol. I agree that if I didn’t have mag ride I wouldn’t know the difference- but I have and now I would!
Refer to post Allocation ;)

Yup, And I also did understand that it was under constraint. Just commenting on mag ride itself as something which to me was worth the cost. Would I have delayed getting the car if I would have had to wait? Probably not, since I haven’t had the experience previously. Just happy I didn’t have to make that decision!

Reactions: Bunny hop
Yup, And I also did understand that it was under constraint. Just commenting on mag ride itself as something which to me was worth the cost. Would I have delayed getting the car if I would have had to wait? Probably not, since I haven’t had the experience previously. Just happy I didn’t have to make that decision!
Sorry, there is no such thing as Mag Ride!

1651928041902.png

• Haha
Reactions: harshadt
Is I already on a C8 and a C7 . I would not consider taking delivery of a car without mag ride . First thing I do is switch to sport or track . Rough roads is just slow down and check out the view . Highway I’ll run on Eco mode just for the fuel economy . Plus the highway is not the place to push it unless you got a lawyer in your back pocket . No matter what speed I’m doing somebody’s wanting to pass me so I let a Honda‘s and VW‘s , set the pace . I couldn’t handle the dip On a tight corner without the mag ride . I’ve already been asking on my next allocation in now , Push me back until I can get mag ride . Could you imagine 670 horse without it . My bigger worries what else they’re gonna run short on when it’s my turn ..………..

. I’ve already been asking on my next allocation in now , Push me back until I can get mag ride . Could you imagine 670 horse without it.
What does HP and mag ride have to do with each other? Sport suspensions are aplenty without mag ride.
Is it nicer? I have no idea, but it has nothing to do with HP as far as I know

If the allocations coming now are for 2023 model year does anybody know if last weeks allocations included any Z06's? There was information from a couple of parts suppliers at the end of last year that put scheduled 2023 model year Z06 production at 30 cars per shift (60/day) and suppliers had received orders with a 1200 unit per month delivery schedule from May '22 to April '23.

If the allocations coming now are for 2023 model year does anybody know if last weeks allocations included any Z06's? There was information from a couple of parts suppliers at the end of last year that put scheduled 2023 model year Z06 production at 30 cars per shift (60/day) and suppliers had received orders with a 1200 unit per month delivery schedule from May '22 to April '23.
No allocations for z06, some say production will start Aug 22, 2022 with allocations in June and prices at end of May

No allocations for z06, some say production will start Aug 22, 2022 with allocations in June and prices at end of May
My source for the Z06 production numbers I posted earlier was a Brink of Speed YouTube video from 3 months ago (very credible info source):

See around 2.40 minutes mark in video for the detailed e-mail of the expected production numbers.

This guy is clearly well connected and about a month ago came up with new information from one of his parts supplier contacts that suggests start of Z06 production will be delayed until August (confirms Denis's comment) - not good since this means a quarter of the producton year is lost for Z06's. Will the actual production numbers stay at the 30/shift level originally planned, or will GM try and make up some production by increasing beyond 30 per shift? All will be revealed........ eventually, but it sounds like we will be waiting a while longer to get pricing and allocations going for the Z06.

Last edited:
No Z06 allocations yet and no 70th Anniversary Editions either.

No Z06 allocations yet and no 70th Anniversary Editions either.

Anniversary model are on hold till they can get wheels that are on constraint