My source for the Z06 production numbers I posted earlier was a Brink of Speed YouTube video from 3 months ago (very credible info source):

See around 2.40 minutes mark in video for the detailed e-mail of the expected production numbers.

This guy is clearly well connected and about a month ago came up with new information from one of his parts supplier contacts that suggests start of Z06 production will be delayed until August (confirms Denis's comment) - not good since this means a quarter of the producton year is lost for Z06's. Will the actual production numbers stay at the 30/shift level originally planned, or will GM try and make up some production by increasing beyond 30 per shift? All will be revealed........ eventually, but it sounds like we will be waiting a while longer to get pricing and allocations going for the Z06.

It's not 30 per shift. Though it is close to that, but it is 30% of production is slated for the Z06. The Bash explained a lot of this stuff. The engineering for the motors is quite extensive as we found out which partly explains why 30% is maximum.

Reactions: DenisC8
It's not 30 per shift. Though it is close to that, but it is 30% of production is slated for the Z06. The Bash explained a lot of this stuff. The engineering for the motors is quite extensive as we found out which partly explains why 30% is maximum.
I had previously seen the 30% of production allocated to Z06, but decided the long term supplier contracts based on 30/shift (1,200/month) Z06 parts supply were a more reliable source for what GM is actually planning on doing. The far bigger impact on production will be the delay to August to actually start things rolling. The only good thing in this is that it gives the suppliers more time to get their own supplies for production of parts in shape and hopefully they will be able to deliver what BGA needs.

Does not sound like many people will be enjoying their new Z06's this summer. By the time they start arriving in people's driveways it will be time to put it away for the winter!

I am too far down my dealer's Z06 list to ever see a 2023 model year car, but quite hopeful on earlier rather than later in the 2024 model year.

I had previously seen the 30% of production allocated to Z06, but decided the long term supplier contracts based on 30/shift (1,200/month) Z06 parts supply were a more reliable source for what GM is actually planning on doing. The far bigger impact on production will be the delay to August to actually start things rolling. The only good thing in this is that it gives the suppliers more time to get their own supplies for production of parts in shape and hopefully they will be able to deliver what BGA needs.

Does not sound like many people will be enjoying their new Z06's this summer. By the time they start arriving in people's driveways it will be time to put it away for the winter!

I am too far down my dealer's Z06 list to ever see a 2023 model year car, but quite hopeful on earlier rather than later in the 2024 model year.
I still believe they don't want to exceed the 30% plateau to keep Stingray sales up. However, we are talking 1 or 2 cars per shift, so it's really not too different.

I still believe they don't want to exceed the 30% plateau to keep Stingray sales up. However, we are talking 1 or 2 cars per shift, so it's really not too different.
but if GM wants z06 to be 30% of 2023, and z06 production is delayed until Aug, then after the start, z06 could account for more then 30 cars per day for the rest of the production year

Reactions: Murray20c8
but if GM wants z06 to be 30% of 2023, and z06 production is delayed until Aug, then after the start, z06 could account for more then 30 cars per day for the rest of the production year
... and I wonder what the delay is? Have you heard? If not engines they could be building them now in preparation for it.

My dealership told me today, they got 1 allocation ,for May . I am second on the list. So the next one is mine, I hope. Does this mean one allocation a month? They did say they would get at least 4 C8 this year. Is this normal for a dealership to get one allocation at a time?

Reactions: Murray20c8
My dealership told me today, they got 1 allocation ,for May . I am second on the list. So the next one is mine, I hope. Does this mean one allocation a month? They did say they would get at least 4 C8 this year. Is this normal for a dealership to get one allocation at a time?
My local dealer gets one per year. So depends on the dealership

My local dealer gets one per year. So depends on the dealership
My dealership, used to get 7 to 8 Vettes, a year, but since 2020 he gets 3 to 5 C8s. Anyway, he just told me I am next , so next allocation it is my C8.:Hurray:

70% Z51 allocation that can order FE4. There is no FE2 allocations with non Z51 cars.
Dealers have to go into the system to see what type of car they have once they receive
an allocation.
Thanks for the info. So if a dealership normally gets two allocations a month, then one of those two should have FE4 available I would assume. Hmm, better start making sure the dealership likes me better than the other guy 🤔

Thanks for the info. So if a dealership normally gets two allocations a month, then one of those two should have FE4 available I would assume. Hmm, better start making sure the dealership likes me better than the other guy 🤔
Hi it's possible if both allocations are Z51 then both could have FE4 available. In the US, only 50% of the Z51 cars have FE4 available but up here, our odds are better.