Congrats on the April 20 TPW Alexand you should give your dealer a polite thank you for having you panicking with that wrong order number ...for how many months?

Similarly, I was also given a 'GM guarantee' today that my car would be delivered to me in this model year, the RIMS being swapped out if the Spectras don't change with their supply problems. I was told it was 'iron clad' but when I asked if they would back up that guarantee with a 10K discount on a 2016 if my 2015 didn't pull through, there was silence....

also Bones, enduring mass confusion, unexpected hiccups, months of uncertainty and endless frustration seems to be part of the GM build process. I think, in the end, it improves the initial customer experience. Grown men have cried on their first sighting.

That is better news Allflash. I have found GM Canada good for their word. I had a truck order show up wrong and the GM rep had the correct truck built and delivered in only 3 1/2 weeks. This was after the order cycle had been closed. And yes the wait is worth it. If you are crying and you are alone sitting in the garage in your Z06 and no one sees you is it still crying?

Congrats on the April 20 TPW Alexand you should give your dealer a polite thank you for having you panicking with that wrong order number ...for how many months?

Similarly, I was also given a 'GM guarantee' today that my car would be delivered to me in this model year, the RIMS being swapped out if the Spectras don't change with their supply problems. I was told it was 'iron clad' but when I asked if they would back up that guarantee with a 10K discount on a 2016 if my 2015 didn't pull through, there was silence....

also Bones, enduring mass confusion, unexpected hiccups, months of uncertainty and endless frustration seems to be part of the GM build process. I think, in the end, it improves the initial customer experience. Grown men have cried on their first sighting.

Thank you allflash, for information for all here, since 3 month i chat every week gm.ca for my tpw with always negative answer. Today with allflash help, i see i switch 2 letter in workbench order, so i finally have my tpw from another than my dealers. I trust im but with all we see here you cannot say victory unless you sit in the car like allflash like to say. I dont ask my dealer more than 2 times so he dont know this. Lot of pressure release today with gm.ca!

If you are crying and you are alone sitting in the garage in your Z06 and no one sees you is it still crying?

That is one of the best I have heard yet. As amusing as it is, the wife knows that I will most likely just sit in the car for hours on end that first night; just me and my baby. We have been there before.

Oh and BYBY4RE you don't know how close I was to heading up that way today. The wife and I needed a last minute escape and AB was right up there on the list, until I suggested Palm Springs and close friends we hadn't seen in a few years... so California it is early tomorrow am.. I can guarantee we will be up that way in the next few months in any case...

Last edited:
You guys are way too funny!

I have to admit I get excited everytime I see an update on my factory orders. I don't like seeing any of my orders sitting at 1100.

That is one of the best I have heard yet. As amusing as it is, the wife knows that I will most likely just sit in the car for hours on end that first night; just me and my baby. We have been there before.

Oh and BYBY4RE you don't know how close I was to heading up that way today. The wife and I needed a last minute escape and AB was right up there on the list, until I suggested Palm Springs and close friends we hadn't seen in a few years... so California it is early tomorrow am.. I can guarantee we will be up that way in the next few months in any case...

You made the right choice on Palm Springs for a break. Winter has returned to Alberta this week. Have a good trip.

I hope that the crap that you guys go through in getting a car is exclusive to the Corvette line. An awful lot of people would be walking if they had to put up with this stuff just to get a car. In my 41 years at GM, I never saw anything like this. What is the problem anyway? It's not like GM is new to building and selling vehicles.

Just back from Palm Springs and stayed at the PGA West Private Residences. In fact, I saw my first Z06 in the wild and it was yellow 2LZ with CFV ground FX and tinted windows. It was gorgeous and...yes... celebrity owned. I don't know why but it looked totally different than the exact same Z06 I saw on display in Toronto. I would loved to have posted a pik but was graciously asked not to when I asked if I could take a shot or two of the car. Residents of the resort aren't too akin to many piks inside the facility by guests...Having said that, the hospitality there was amazing!

Oh and yes...I wonder why I am still living here when places like Cali exist!

Last edited:
I hope that the crap that you guys go through in getting a car is exclusive to the Corvette line. An awful lot of people would be walking if they had to put up with this stuff just to get a car. In my 41 years at GM, I never saw anything like this. What is the problem anyway? It's not like GM is new to building and selling vehicles.

My problem was I didn't understand the allocation process and the work bench sheet, my first vet I bought off the lot, was told at a local dealer they were getting two and I was first in line, put a deposit down in jan. Of 14, and was told to wait for a spring early summer delivery, after the car didn't arrive in June as promised, I started doing my homework and I figuired out I was duped all that time, they never had any to sell, it was a classic scam, it was always just a week away, found some forums, and looked up Owais in August. And you guessed it he was out of allocations, happened to look this forum up in sept and found out he had three allocations for spring of 15, and the rest is history. Also received twp of June 1 today as well for the z

I got an email from my friend Kaz last night stating that he just received notice, after several months of complete silence by his dealer, that his build date for his Z07 is 25 May. This is particularly good news as his order was one of the additional Quebec orders that his dealer stated he received 'in addition to' their initial allocation of 3 if I remember correctly.

I got an email from my friend Kaz last night stating that he just received notice, after several months of complete silence by his dealer, that his build date for his Z07 is 25 May. This is particularly good news as his order was one of the additional Quebec orders that his dealer stated he received 'in addition to' their initial allocation of 3 if I remember correctly.

They got 4 Z06 allocations? Wow

No actually... I believe they 'said' they had 3 originally and then acquired 3 more. I can't verify this at all but did direct Kaz that way when they originally contacted me.

Personally, I cant wait to get my damned car. I have tried EVERYTHING to get my dealer to do a courtesy delivery as my work commitments are heavy when it arrives, to no avail. He is insistent that the car be delivered there, along with the accessories which i just found out are shipped separately (Stage 2 effects) by courier, and that they get the opportunity to get pictures of the car at the dealership. My fear of course runs anywhere from him deciding not to sell me the car, or then not honoring price protection. I probably shouldnt worry as I have already been told that someone tried to buy the allocation from under my feet with offer of a healthy premium and they stated they wouldnt do that but...well....until I actually have my fat #$$ seated in it right? Having seen so many get screwed one way or another is getting to me I guess.

LOL it's only a car Les, don't sweat it brother -- (admittedly one I wish was coming for me)...... :D

Also people's rep means something these days (I believe) and they have reassured you at every turn.

Enjoy the wait. As Spock once said "having may not necessarily be as gratifying as wanting ........."

Colin.

LOL it's only a car Les, don't sweat it brother -- (admittedly one I wish was coming for me)...... :D

Also people's rep means something these days (I believe) and they have reassured you at every turn.

Enjoy the wait. As Spock once said "having may not necessarily be as gratifying as wanting ........."

Colin.

X2........

Tpw april 20 locked :))) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428591183.897843.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread