That's unfortunate . Fingers crossed for a return to previous date for you. I wonder how many people who are less serious about their cars have read the long list of issues many have experienced and decided to put their money elsewhere. This is just a mere hiccup but some seem to have been put through the ringer but good. GM if you are watching take note of all the speak on various forums. When a customer wants to pay you for your product...it's a good idea to take that money before they find another place for it to go. A few changes, delays, holds, new car glitches etc are one thing but some customers are furious and Mr. Google lets the world see it.

I just don't know what to say. We bailed this company out bankruptcy but nothing changes. Same management same nonsense.

When I was looking for a truck I did not even bother with GM. If they treat customers who do nothing but support their brand but are abused in return why would I want to buy a vehicle from them? I could not think of one. Bought a Ford F150.

I do find it interesting...Very few companies could treat their customers in the way GM does with there Corvette line. Customers have to turn their world upside down all to buy a car and we the car crazy oblige them lol. My fight likely starts this June if everything lines up. I do not look forward to the experience even with a lot of knowledge and some connections in my corner.I already know the experience will be painful and likely cause great stress and furious anger lol...Is this anyway to service a customer in general?....Brutal I say. Canada has GM stock and we get 28 cars....The Canadian Government owns 12% of General Motors since 2009 ( Gm Canada I believe) We also gave them a 3 billion dollar loan back then along with who know what else over the years in tax credits etc. Sad no? Rant over lol.

It's funny how things have flipped so fast with the Corvette. Nothing against the C6 but since 2011, GM has had a tough time trying to give the Corvette away and now that the C7/C7Z is out and in high demand, you would think they would try to take better care of everyone interested in the Corvette and make them feel appreciated should there be lean years ahead.

Spoke with GM yesterday...saying that an unexpected shortage of the Spectra RIMS is to blame for my TPW change. I asked if I could make the rim change and was told I couldn't because of the status and what would occur. I then questioned if the same could occur this year as happened with Z51s last year (so many unfulfilled due to constraint) if, say in a month and 2 weeks from now, they still couldnt get a set of Spectra RIMS on my Vette. That was an affirmative answer I was not happy with. Said from Day 1 that I won't believe I have this car until I am actually sitting in it.

Q6J............Spectra Gray Z06 Wheels.........................0%

Last edited:
Spoke with GM yesterday...saying that an unexpected shortage of the Spectra RIMS is to blame for my TPW change. I asked if I could make the rim change and was told I couldn't because of the status and what would occur. I then questioned if the same could occur this year as happened with Z51s last year (so many unfulfilled due to constraint) if, say in a month and 2 weeks from now, they still couldnt get a set of Spectra RIMS on my Vette. That was an affirmative answer I was not happy with. Said from Day 1 that I won't believe I have this car until I am actually sitting in it.

Q6J............Spectra Gray Z06 Wheels.........................0%

Same thing happened to a friend of mine here, he ordered Spectra Grey and his order was pushed from April TPW of the 13th to May 11th... But no reason was given to him...

I have been on with GM for an hour. I can't get a question answered that maybe someone here can answer. Does the fact that I am at 3000 with a TPW guarantee the build or, is it possible that the order won't ever be completed if the constraint isn't cleared, much like the Z51 of last year. They absolutely stated the order could not be changed, and hasn't had that ability since Mar 13 when it hit 3000. They have even confirmed that I cleared both the painted roof and CFV constraints...just not the rims. They say there are none and it is a supplier constraint.

@AllFlash: TPW is an acronym for "Target Production Week" so its not a "guarantee" by any means.

A TPW would indicate that the factory's supply logistics have a confirmation from their suppliers that all parts for your factory order will be available for the production to begin in your TPW.

1. If the parts get damaged in transit somehow then it would affect your order.
2. If the factory issues is faced with any unforeseen event before your vehicle is built then that could also affect your order.

FYI our order is also at Status 3000 with a TPW of 05/18 (was previously 04/06 I think and 03/23 before that). Our TPW has changed a couple of times because our order was changed a couple of times as well.

Our order also has Q6J wheels so looks like our orders are both getting delayed bc of the same constraints.

Same question though and you would probably know the answer.....if the rims,or any constraint, doesn't become available by the plant transition to 2016 models in June, will the order simply be not filled with what I might believe is atypical GM apology? If this occurs, would they then bump you to the 2016 model?

@AllFlash: If there are enough orders affected by these constraints and the build out date is nearing the factory may consider extending the buildout date further into July to ensure all orders are fulfilled.

Or you may also hear from your dealer to select an alternate choice of rims.

In my opinion bumping orders to a 2016 model will be the absolute last resort and I doubt that your price protection would carry forward to a 2016 vehicle... but I don't set policies at GM Canada.

I still think the 2015 Z06's that are at status 2000 and up will get built.

Best of luck!

Hang in there Allflash and Owais I am sure something will work out. This is really turning into a game of darts as far as supply goes. I can see why the wheels are so popular. Everyone does compliment them.

Originally Posted by 81Wayne View Post
2 more due for Winnipeg Build Week
April 13th Z07 optioned coupe, 2LZ, 8 speed, White
April 20th Z07 optioned convertible, 3LZ silver, lots of options around $125,000 MSRP

Apr 20th TPW changed to 04/13 At 3300

The April 13th TPW changed to May 11 because of the Spectra rim issue

Just informed my status is now at 3000, it was the allocation that was received from Owais, this is an important step because if the car comes in June my process with corvettes will have taken 18 months, this proves either I'm not very bright or not a quiter believe me I'm still debating

My Z51 order was placed back on August 23rd 2014, my buddy placed his Z51 order at the same dealer on Feb 21st this year and we both had our C7 orders move to 2000 last Thursday. I waited 7 months and he waited 5 weeks. Certainly not as long as "Bones"
We're hoping it moves to 3000 early next week. I don't want to wait until June want it sooner LOL

Congrats on the April 20 TPW Alex and you should give your dealer a polite thank you for having you panicking with that wrong order number ...for how many months?

Similarly, I was also given a 'GM guarantee' today that my car would be delivered to me in this model year, the RIMS being swapped out if the Spectras don't change with their supply problems. I was told it was 'iron clad' but when I asked if they would back up that guarantee with a 10K discount on a 2016 if my 2015 didn't pull through, there was silence....

also Bones, enduring mass confusion, unexpected hiccups, months of uncertainty and endless frustration seems to be part of the GM build process. I think, in the end, it improves the initial customer experience. Grown men have cried on their first sighting.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread