Thanks Colin,

No worries. Figured I should join the community up here and stop lurking : ) The boards seem pleasant and not a free for all like some.

I shall pop in and intro myself in the "New Users" section.

All going well I hope to be dropping a deposit around July for a 2016...maybe June should all work out. Fingers crossed!

Welcome aboard MM -- glad you made in -- pardon the lengthy wait for account activation.....sometimes happens -- thanks for your patience.

So that everyone sees you, go ahead and intro yourself when you get a chance in our "New Users" forum link below.

A hearty congrats on your forthcoming Z06 ... :D

Cheers,
Colin.

New Users - Canadian Corvette Forums

Absolutely it will be, the question I have to find an answer for now is how long from the day of production until delivery in Quebec City for me to pick up. My employer wants a two week leeway on my week off in order to be able to cover my position and I am wondering what the average is from production until arrival....way out there in Quebec City.

That's a great idea....unfortunately the wife won't go for it...she has always wanted to visit Quebec City...so it's flights there and the first drive back. She works for State Farm so that is taken care of and Quebec car dealers can issue there own temp permit so that is in place...

It's funny you know. Been through a lot in my live and have had much good, as well as bad. I don't ever recall looking forward to anything quite this much; anticipating it as I do. Don't tell the wife I said that.

Wish it would warm up a little so I can reno the garage..friends on standbye for my gas heater install...and I am getting some great interlock garage flooring.

Last edited:
It's kind of funny how we modify our lives around our cars. I quess when you have something that you really enjoy, things just fall in place around that enjoyment.:D
Enjoy your car.

Les can't you get notice from GM or the dealership as to just when it might leave BG? If you can, that should coincide with a week or so shipping time.

Don't they have an expected shipping time dependent on scheduled production?

It'd be a guess but it's about as close as you're gonna get as far as I can see.

C.

Hi Les,

What I have noticed on my orders is that the vehicles get scanned once they get to the border. At this time the Order tracking system tells me that the vehicle has left BG but in fact they have arrived at thr border. At that time unless I contact the Canadian transporter who is usually able to expedite the delivery on request or at least give me the day I should have it arrive at my dealership. The only time they weren't able to do anything is back in Sept when GM had given instructions to freeze all C7 vehicles transportation so the vehicles basically stayed at the border for 2 weeks waiting for a clearance from GM.

A buddy of mine just got his Z06 confirmation phone call today and he scored a couple of the harder options (Z07) to boot.
GM accepted his order very late this afternoon, now at 2000, things should start moving fast going forward...........

Last edited:
The few got lucky, in that, the goal was to leave the order sheet wide open to the few Canadian orders, barring constraints. An order was an order regardless of whether it was Coupe, vert, manual, auto, Z06 or Z07. The US side doesn't appear to have been as fortunate where allocations were more specific when handed out. This is what was passed to me some time ago although I know of at least one who was told he could not order the Z07 package he wanted.

The lucky Canadian few list doesn't seem to be growing as much as I figured...

dooboy - Vancouver (BUILT #4480)
Van Racer - Vancouver (BUILT #4508)
Saudaviking - BC - (Apr 20 TPW)
BYBY4RE - Calgary (BUILT)
10WhiteGS - Calgary (Apr 6 TPW)
CalgaryGuy - Calgary (Apr 20 TPW)
XWingz06 - Alberta (Apr 13 TPW)
CanZ06 -Winnipeg (BUILT #4433)
Owais (Gateway Chev) - Ontario (9 Apr)
KBoy - Ontario (16 Mar TPW)
One Curve at a Time - Quebec (Mar 16 TPW)
AllFlash - Quebec (6 Apr TPW)
AlexMartinez - Quebec (13 Apr TPW)
2015 Z06 (Mar 16 TPW)

Last edited:
Poor Canada : (

Sigh we just don't rate in Gm's big picture do we?

Buyers lined up and no cars...the money will always find somewhere else to go should a buyer wait to long.

Bit of disappointing news first thing this am from GM...TPW changed from 6 Apr to 11 May... I was told not to worry to much though as it is not a confirmed date change and it may return to Apr 6. Just a bit confused....wonder if it may have to do with unexpected restraints after the order was accepted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread