traded car because I was told one year I would have my c8 if the answer was who knows when or your guess is better than mine I would not have trade my car also I blame Chevrolet because they are shorting Canadian dealers

traded car because I was told one year I would have my c8 if the answer was who knows when or your guess is better than mine I would not have trade my car also I blame Chevrolet because they are shorting Canadian dealers
So let me get this straight Jeff Easton tells you you will have a car in one year but you're not mad at him you're mad at GM, I would hardly say that we're getting shorted by GM , we should be thankful they give us a great exchange rate on the dollar and the number of allocations we get.

USA population 340 millions , average C8 allocations 20 000 per year
Canada population 38 million, average C8 allocations 2000 per year

2023 model year has just started so how does a dealer know they won't receive their fair yearly allocation numbers by next summer?

Jim you made a bad decision based on a salesman's prediction

A very knowledgeable salesperson , oh yeah we should all be thankful that chevrolet is giving us the opportunity to purchase one of their cars all hail Chevrolet

Next time someone predicts the future for you, ask for the 7 winning numbers 😂😂😂

I feel for everyone waiting for their car. Hopefully soon. I have a 2021 3LT with mag ride, Z51, front lift, under 4000km. etc. been thinking of another car. If anyone is interested, DM me.

A very knowledgeable salesperson , oh yeah we should all be thankful that chevrolet is giving us the opportunity to purchase one of their cars all hail Chevrolet
I know Jeff and yes he knows Corvette's but there is no way he can predict the future just like a stockbroker can't, he took his best guess and was wrong , I'm early in line for a Z06 if I listened to half the speculators about when this car was supposed to be built I would have missed out driving a base C8 all summer.
1654807360844.png

WTF is the correct answer , my story trade my c7 last spring on the promise of delivery of my c8 one year latter , one year latter no car or any kind of time line absolutely believe there is no fault on my sales person Jeff Easton at cullen { nice guy ] I believe him when he tells me Chevrolet is shorting their allocations . So the conclusion I have reached is corporate greed , I am pretty sure Chevrolet makes more money selling cars in the states so why sell to Canadians . Have been a corvette guy since I was ten , I guess Chevrolet wants to change that , and as for the used car market cant blame people for being greedy but it takes stupidity for greed to work .
You may also want to check in with Jeff if he can do some fancy bookkeeping because you might also lose your trade in allowance after a year

You may also want to check in with Jeff if he can do some fancy bookkeeping because you might also lose your trade in allowance after a year
CRA allows exactly one year to carry over your sales tax credit on your trade in. That's it.

Reactions: Gilles27
I thank you for your concern with the sales tax thing , but that is why I choose to deal with a honest and reputable dealership [ Brian Cullen ] if such a problem comes about I am confident an agreement can be reached .

I thank you for your concern with the sales tax thing , but that is why I choose to deal with a honest and reputable dealership [ Brian Cullen ] if such a problem comes about I am confident an agreement can be reached .
I admire your optimism, I really do. I myself am a pessimist and don’t trust any dealer to look after my interests if it’s going to cost them money. I hope your dealer proves me wrong. Good luck! I hope you get you car soon and can put all of this waiting and angst behind you!

Hey Jim with 22 allocations so far for 2023 I hope your getting close. I also have 2 deposits with Brian Cullen and I'm sure Jeff
can come up with a plan for your sales tax credit if your date is drawing near.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.