You are in good hands at Cullen. Bought my first new car there in 1985 and picking up in a few days what will most likely be my last new car a 2023 C8. Stand up guys and a good dealership.
Hey Mar, why your last? Mine first was a 1987 and I hope to have a bunch more of them! When did you put your deposit in on the one your about to pick up?

thanks for the input that is exactly why I decided to deal with Jeff he gives off a good vibe and talks the talk not the B.S.

Hey Mar, why your last? Mine first was a 1987 and I hope to have a bunch more of them! When did you put your deposit in on the one your about to pick up?
Put my deposit down in February of 2021, its been a long 18 months!!! I still have the 1985 Cutlass with only 50,000km and never winter driven. I figure this will satisfy my needs as I enter retirement soon. Old school and new high tech !! But you are right, never say never!!!

Attachments

• Olds.jpg
    Olds.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
CRA allows exactly one year to carry over your sales tax credit on your trade in. That's it.
Have you see this in writing and, if so, where can we find it? CRA is federal tax but the sales tax rebate in Ontario is HST and a combination of provincial and federal taxes. I would have expected any regulations on this to be provincial (Ontario) not federal.

Reactions: Paul Collings
Have you see this in writing and, if so, where can we find it? CRA is federal tax but the sales tax rebate in Ontario is HST and a combination of provincial and federal taxes. I would have expected any regulations on this to be provincial (Ontario) not federal.
The secretary treasurer of my dealership got it in writing from the CRA after asking for an exact ruling after a number of months of asking. The reply from CRA came last summer. I would you check with your dealer for this same ruling in writing. My C8 bill of sale from 2020 shows only HST no GST or PST. This is not a rebate but a tax credit that can be retained for 1 year.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Was number 7 at Cullen on May 24th. With 2 allocations in June and 5 in July I should hear soon if my order will be picked up. Nothing so far but will post if I hear anything today. Fingers crossed.
They received 2 in June and 7 in July...I'd be calling your sales guy today.

Confirmed 2000 status and awaiting build week. It all started Mar 13 2021 so not as fast as expected at the time but darn happy to see we are now in the system.
Congrats!

Mine went in too today so we should keep tabs on statuses.

Went to 2000 status today 🙂 as well!
I ordered on March 13, 2021. Got called yesterday by Cullens to let me know.
Thrilled to be getting closer to getting a C8, hopefully before the snow comes!
Congrats to Canuckvetster and CamsC8 to reaching 2000 status.
Congrats!!!

Let's all three compare production. Ontario cars have been landing quite quickly...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.