My neighbour was all set to order the Silver Flare but after driving 3 hours (return) to see a Red Mist C8, he changed his mind and has ordered the Red Mist and can't stop singing its praises. It definitely seems to be a popular colour, based upon comments made by many on the various Corvette Forums.
PMG...let me know what you think about my colours and config. THx
Hey Neminator, going over at 3 to check out your new ride. Taking my “copilot” with me so she can see what I will be getting in a few months. Will report back later on this afternoon, but I already know it will be amazing.😎

Hey Neminator, going over at 3 to check out your new ride. Taking my “copilot” with me so she can see what I will be getting in a few months. Will report back later on this afternoon, but I already know it will be amazing.😎
Just what I thought, the car is stunning. There was a Torch red there too which was nice, but Red Mist......takes it to another level ! Very tasteful build , the two tone red seats look really good with this colour, and the carbon flash nacelles are a great contrast. Nice job, happy summer driving.

Just what I thought, the car is stunning. There was a Torch red there too which was nice, but Red Mist......takes it to another level ! Very tasteful build , the two tone red seats look really good with this colour, and the carbon flash nacelles are a great contrast. Nice job, happy summer driving.
Great to hear.Thanks for the nice comments. I have not seen it yet but will pick it up Saturday. Excited! I believe the 2LT build with my extra options was around $99K.

Great to hear.Thanks for the nice comments. I have not seen it yet but will pick it up Saturday. Excited! I believe the 2LT build with my extra options was around $99K.
Well your going to be blown away. They had not cleaned it up and it was in a darkish corner . Once in the sun ....look out!
The sticker was blank so I thought is was a 2LT.
My 2LT coupe order was part of the last allocation at Spencer and the order placed on Saturday , so I am a few months away.
Enjoy the thrill!

Reactions: canadiansteelman
Great to hear people getting their orders in!

For those still on the waiting list & who anticipating receiving an allocation close to the order cutoff date - what's your thoughts on taking the 2021 allocation or postponing for a 2022? It sounds like 2021 cutoff will be late May/June, so based on trends we're looking at 3ish allocations (assuming Chevy continues to only give C8 allocations on the first monthly allocation) which works out to an early Fall delivery right if you get in near the end... I wouldn't be driving mine in the Winter, figuring it may make more sense to just hold off for a 2022 allocation if it comes to that... however if I got a call tomorrow I'd definitely be putting my order in. Endless hypotheticals... any negatives for delaying for a 2022?

Well, the biggest concern I had was another price increase for the 22 model year. Both, on base price and on options again.
Since last Sept., when I placed my deposit, some options got price increases, base price did not increase. The latest round of price increases base price went up $1k plus some options. I would not want to roll the dice and wait any longer for a 22.
With the demand for the vehicle, competitive pricing for competing sports, cars, and after market resale prices, GM is fully aware that they can get more $ for this vehicle.
If you can get one now, grab it and run !

Reactions: Climber17

For those still on the waiting list & who anticipating receiving an allocation close to the order cutoff date - what's your thoughts on taking the 2021 allocation or postponing for a 2022? It sounds like 2021 cutoff will be late May/June, so based on trends we're looking at 3ish allocations (assuming Chevy continues to only give C8 allocations on the first monthly allocation) which works out to an early Fall delivery right if you get in near the end... I wouldn't be driving mine in the Winter, figuring it may make more sense to just hold off for a 2022 allocation if it comes to that... however if I got a call tomorrow I'd definitely be putting my order in. Endless hypotheticals... any negatives for delaying for a 2022?

Price is likely a big negative. Most people assume that GM will hike the price of the 2022 C8's even more. I would go for a 2021 even if it means parking it soon after its arrival, which is what I did with my 2020. Go for the "sure thing" and get a 2021 if you can, rather than hope for a 2022 and be faced with (for example) "Global Pandemic Part II" which kills production again. You never know.

I just got a call from my dealer, I am at status 3000... this is so exciting and seems unreal... by experience how long from 3000 to delivery for Quebec? My build is really simple: 2LT, Torch Red, Z51, Q8Q, E60, FE4 & J6F.
hey Max :) i went to 3000 in early february ...and my TPW was March 22nd so mine should get built this week (7 weeks later but the plant did close) ...Dealer says they should get the car 2 weeks after its built (mid-April) so you're probably looking at 9-10 weeks from ur 3000 date (of course it can vary - there's a lot of factors involved)

hey Max :) i went to 3000 in early february ...and my TPW was March 22nd so mine should get built this week (7 weeks later but the plant did close) ...Dealer says they should get the car 2 weeks after its built (mid-April) so you're probably looking at 9-10 weeks from ur 3000 date (of course it can vary - there's a lot of factors involved)
Thanks for the info 😀
I am so excited, so by June or July I should get my car... where are you from? I am from Laval... we could meet this summer...

I think there was a pic of the allocations calendar somewhere in this thread. Can someone repost or point out which page it is?

2021 calendar

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 1.42.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 1.42.42 PM.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: OakvilleC8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.