Right, we think this is great but the top 10 Corvette dealers in the U S make our allocations look like rounding error against theirs, but it is their marketplace with 10 + X the population.
They will service that marketplace first and we get the scraps until demand drops off.
IMHO

Placed deposit at capital chev in Calgary January 18 2021 , got allocation today, msrp deal . Had to drive down there to check today to see if it was real. It checked out, so with any luck should have a car by summer. Sounds to good to be true but apparently it’s going to happen.
Wow that’s unheard of!

I was informed today that my 2021 C8 has now been produced at the factory and I have a VIN #. It is scheduled for transport to my dealer in Canada.

Hopefully, I have it before month end if not sooner. Actually, it's faster than I expected!

Awesome! To be frank I am not clear on what getting an allocation actually means. @Andrew Spencer would you mind explaining for the uneducated? How long after allocation do you usually end up with that actual car at your dealership?

An allocation is an actual C8 "order-to-be" provided by GM to a dealer. It means GM thinks it likely it'll be able to produce the car. The allocation followed by an order submitted to GM by your dealer, means you've gone to 3000 status (order accepted for production at the Bowling Green plant in Kentucky). That's my understanding. From there you enter the race towards having your C8 built. As your order progresses through the system, it's assigned a different status code every step of the way as it gets closer to actual production then delivery. Google the GM production codes or check this Forum for info about them. Then ask your dealer what your code status is, from time to time. You can ask elsewhere for that info but dealers usually have access to the best info. Or at least they do if they know the system and they're willing to make the effort and provide the info to you.

If history repeats itself, GM will likely continue production until those at 3000 status have had their C8's built...so in general, once you've got your allocation and order put in, you can expect to get a C8. That's what my dealer told me last year and that's what happened for my 2020 C8. However COVID presents an unknown fly in the ointment, since delays from part shortages have already occurred and likely will in future until the manufacturing process is back on track and not being effected by COVID delays. Plus GM has announced it may not extend the manufacturing time for the 2021 C8's like it did for the 2020 C8's. So it won't make the 2021's into December (as done for the 2020's) and that may affect things. But the expectation now is that anyone at 3000 status, will likely see their C8 built.

You can find this info scattered about these Forums but this gives you a summary of sorts. Hope this helps.

Reactions: IWNTAC8
Got the call yesterday from Dueck Downtown and was told
Your the next one in line for the April / May allocation.
I was super excited then Al my sales person said to stand by the phone because if the person in front of me declines you get one of the allocations.
Well late this morning the phone rang and was told to get my you know what into Vancouver I got the allocation if I can make it down in time.
So I of course high tail into town and we configured my ride and it is being sent into GM today.
Turns out the guy in front of me never returned the calls so he lost out for now.
Deposit placed June2020 35th in line at that time
Dueck Downtown got 2 allocations this time around
Honoured MSRP I never asked beforehand . What you see online you pay.
Must say great service by Al and Ryan.
Now the long 3-4 month wait.
Be hard to get some shut eye tonight.

Oh yeah
Coupe , 3LT , Z51 , Red Mist , Silver Tridents ( which will most likely get black powder coated eventually)
Two tops one being clear.
Black interior with red stitching two tone red seats.
Mag ride and front lift.
Finally something faster to go with green 😉😄

Hi, Mr Corvette right now im undecided between the Z51 with mag ride or only Z51 or non z51 with mag ride, $7000 its a lot of money for the Z51 but probably its a must to have the best handling, the other thing its if the Z06 its around $30k more than the C8 i will probably take a Z06 when its will be available, and i do not want to loose $7k plus mag ride its 9k because i trade it to a z06, so i want the best value for trading it
Kev, what did you decide on? I read you got your allocation from Spencer's back on Feb 4th, so your car should be at 3000 status or higher now giving you the price protection. PMG said he just got his allocation from Spencer's this week. I was just texting Morgan Crosbie this morning to give him the following news that I mentioned to you back on November 5th:
As I was saying months ago, Canadian option pricing will not stay at 2020 amounts for all of 2021.
If you now check the configurator, along with the $1500 base price increase for Canada, the new Z51 pricing has gone from $5900 to $6995. Remember the US pricing went from $5000 to $5995 and there is no way the option would remain cheaper in Canada. Similarly, the E60 front lift has gone from $1875 to $2495 now for 2021. That option increased in the US from $1495 to $1995 at the start of 2021 production.
I believe the Canadian cars window stickers built up to this point have been blank because of the delays in coming out with this pricing change for 2021. So for those of you that got early 2021's with these options you just dodged a $3215 pricing increase bullet.
Talk to your dealer if you have a car on the way to see if this price increase is showing on their GM Global Connect order workbench pricing sheet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.