Jul 17, 2020
Cobourg, ON
VetteCoins
Province
ON
We received 6 C8 orders for November Cycle 1. (2 cycles / month) Estimated build: December. Consensus is done with dealers every 2 weeks where GM tells us how many vehicle orders we can expect over the next 2 week period. At that point we can ask for more or less of a given vehicle. With C8 we won't pick up extra because no dealer would turn down the allocation, we still ask for more nevertheless. These 6 cars will go to event code 3000 either next week or the following week. Our dealership will be calling the first 6 customers on our list to enter/finalize order.

No word from GM yet as to how many 2021 MY C8's we can expect. Apparently that could happen November 12.

It's a good sign that GM is starting to release allocations to dealers. As most of you know, they will ship this car year round unlike C7.

We have 55 2021 C8 deposits. Text/call or email me if you would like to get on our list.
email: [email protected]
cell: 905-373-6671

Attachments

• consensus.png
    consensus.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 299
We received 6 C8 orders for November Cycle 1. (2 cycles / month) Estimated build: December. Consensus is done with dealers every 2 weeks where GM tells us how many vehicle orders we can expect over the next 2 week period. At that point we can ask for more or less of a given vehicle. With C8 we won't pick up extra because no dealer would turn down the allocation, we still ask for more nevertheless. These 6 cars will go to event code 3000 either next week or the following week. Our dealership will be calling the first 6 customers on our list to enter/finalize order.

No word from GM yet as to how many 2021 MY C8's we can expect. Apparently that could happen November 12.

It's a good sign that GM is starting to release allocations to dealers. As most of you know, they will ship this car year round unlike C7.

We have 55 2021 C8 deposits. Text/call or email me if you would like to get on our list.
email: [email protected]
cell: 905-373-6671
thanks for letting us know you have receive some allocation, do you have the canadian price list for the Z51 package ?
thanks

There
thanks for letting us know you have receive some allocation, do you have the canadian price list for the Z51 package ?
thanks
There is no CDN pricing yet. It should come before next Thursday I'd think.

Reactions: kevindesj
Kevin, I think the Canadian Z51 pricing will be just shy of $7000. If your building your option list based on your budget, use that figure for now.
Hi, Mr Corvette right now im undecided between the Z51 with mag ride or only Z51 or non z51 with mag ride, $7000 its a lot of money for the Z51 but probably its a must to have the best handling, the other thing its if the Z06 its around $30k more than the C8 i will probably take a Z06 when its will be available, and i do not want to loose $7k plus mag ride its 9k because i trade it to a z06, so i want the best value for trading it

Hi, Mr Corvette right now im undecided between the Z51 with mag ride or only Z51 or non z51 with mag ride, $7000 its a lot of money for the Z51 but probably its a must to have the best handling, the other thing its if the Z06 its around $30k more than the C8 i will probably take a Z06 when its will be available, and i do not want to loose $7k plus mag ride its 9k because i trade it to a z06, so i want the best value for trading it
I've never owned a corvette, but I have owned a lowered suspension modded Camaro and this NON z51 car handles like it's on rails. You won't be disappointed with either option. Z51 or not.

Reactions: moepig777
save your money and sell the used vehicle privately

also save your money going in, you will not notice the difference when u r in the drivers seat

have fun

My car is a non-Z51 but I added the Z51 suspension a few weeks ago through a parts order only so I can lower it. I can barely tell the difference between the two suspension setups. The Z51 I'd say is a tiny bit stiffer, but it was very hard for me to tell the difference. Unless you plan on tracking it, I'd save the money.

Kevin, the thing that stinks about a new model is that there are no test drives to try out Z51, non Z51, with our without Mag
ride etc. Fortunately, I got a chance to drive a Z51 non mag ride 2LT a couple of months before mine was built. Mine has
Z51 and Mag ride and although I liked the non mag ride car, I like mine better. Around the time they announced the 2021
option price increases in the US, 74% of the 2020's had been built with Z51 and 58% with E60 front lift. I think the FE4
Z51 performance with Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension probably has been ordered the same as the front lift.
To give you something else to consider, the ride and handling engineers said at the unveiling that the C8 has the fourth
generation of magnetic ride since introduced on the 50th anniversary in 2003. Magnetic ride on the C8 is far ahead of the C7.
Known as MR 4.0 the main technology is that instead of ride height position sensors they now have an accelerometer on the
knuckle. You get immediate feedback as soon as the knuckle starts to move a little bit that feedback is going into the
MR system.
An accelerometer measures changes in velocity along one axis. It is a way quicker way of looking at what the wheel needs
from a damping standpoint. Technological advancements have been made for optimal calibration. They have redefined it on
top of a much stiffer structure and it is much more capable than in the past to do things for ride quality and handling that they
have never been able to do before.
For 2021 customers can order MR4 without the Z51. There will still be a big demand for used 2021's when the Z06 comes the next year. Jeffer is right about selling your vehicle privately, but run that sale through your dealership so you get the sales tax credit to apply to your new Z06. If you do order Z51 and FE4 Mag ride, you will get most of your money back out of those options because that is what the next customer wants.

Kevin, the thing that stinks about a new model is that there are no test drives to try out Z51, non Z51, with our without Mag
ride etc. Fortunately, I got a chance to drive a Z51 non mag ride 2LT a couple of months before mine was built. Mine has
Z51 and Mag ride and although I liked the non mag ride car, I like mine better. Around the time they announced the 2021
option price increases in the US, 74% of the 2020's had been built with Z51 and 58% with E60 front lift. I think the FE4
Z51 performance with Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension probably has been ordered the same as the front lift.
To give you something else to consider, the ride and handling engineers said at the unveiling that the C8 has the fourth
generation of magnetic ride since introduced on the 50th anniversary in 2003. Magnetic ride on the C8 is far ahead of the C7.
Known as MR 4.0 the main technology is that instead of ride height position sensors they now have an accelerometer on the
knuckle. You get immediate feedback as soon as the knuckle starts to move a little bit that feedback is going into the
MR system.
An accelerometer measures changes in velocity along one axis. It is a way quicker way of looking at what the wheel needs
from a damping standpoint. Technological advancements have been made for optimal calibration. They have redefined it on
top of a much stiffer structure and it is much more capable than in the past to do things for ride quality and handling that they
have never been able to do before.
For 2021 customers can order MR4 without the Z51. There will still be a big demand for used 2021's when the Z06 comes the next year. Jeffer is right about selling your vehicle privately, but run that sale through your dealership so you get the sales tax credit to apply to your new Z06. If you do order Z51 and FE4 Mag ride, you will get most of your money back out of those options because that is what the next customer wants.

That what i was thinking the z51 plus mag ride so if I keep the car it will be perfect for what I want, i never have a corvette before

I don’t regret ordering a non Z51 car. I owned three C7’s with Z51 and mag ride. The C8 without it handles amazingly. No doubt it would be even better with the Z51 mag ride option. I was trying to build the cheapest car possible but if money isn’t as much of an issue why not order a fully loaded C8. I think that it will only make a negligible difference though on resale.

Kevin, order what you want and what you'll be happy with. I've spoken to people that ordered a 2LT and for $3625
difference (when you factor in the cost of the GT2 seats being standard) wish they got the 3LT.
You really can't go wrong, just don't go through your ownership saying I wish I ordered this or that especially on
your first Corvette!

Whatever you order I think you'll be happy with it. I couldn't justify the cost of the Z51 or the GT2 seats, but that's me and I'm terribly happy with the car. I've never owned a Corvette let alone mid engine car. This car is absolutely amazing. Both my wife and myself love driving it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.