N

navion

Found a 2009 ZR1 with 3ZR package today with only 630 miles! I spoke with the original owner that traded it in at the same dealership where he bought it brand new in 2009. He is a 66 year old doctor. I have seen the pics. up close and personal and I can't find a mark on it anywhere. Naturally I will go down to see it in person just to be absolutely certain. Warranty is good until 2014 on the powertrain only. I know what everyone is thinking. 630 miles of racing down the drag strip. Well, in talking to the guy, he sure doesn't sound like someone who goes racing on weekends but a final inspection will tell for sure. My question to all is this. What is the car worth if it is exactly as presented? What would you pay for this car if you were going to negotiate a deal. The car is at the same selling GM dealership that sold it in the first place. Checked Carfax and nothing on it except showing 1 owner, no flood, no accidents and 1 oil change which is to be expected in 630 miles I guess. I value the opinions of all of the members here so please chime in with all your thoughts and ideas please. I have broad shoulders so I can take it if necessary. One last question. Does anyone know of any major problems or issues with the 2009 ZR1 vs. later ZR1 models? Should I stay away from this one?

Found a 2009 ZR1 with 3ZR package today with only 630 miles! I spoke with the original owner that traded it in at the same dealership where he bought it brand new in 2009. He is a 66 year old doctor. I have seen the pics. up close and personal and I can't find a mark on it anywhere. Naturally I will go down to see it in person just to be absolutely certain. Warranty is good until 2014 on the powertrain only. I know what everyone is thinking. 630 miles of racing down the drag strip. Well, in talking to the guy, he sure doesn't sound like someone who goes racing on weekends but a final inspection will tell for sure. My question to all is this. What is the car worth if it is exactly as presented? What would you pay for this car if you were going to negotiate a deal. The car is at the same selling GM dealership that sold it in the first place. Checked Carfax and nothing on it except showing 1 owner, no flood, no accidents and 1 oil change which is to be expected in 630 miles I guess. I value the opinions of all of the members here so please chime in with all your thoughts and ideas please. I have broad shoulders so I can take it if necessary. One last question. Does anyone know of any major problems or issues with the 2009 ZR1 vs. later ZR1 models? Should I stay away from this one?

Looks like you found a gem . Alot of buyers that buy them and don't really drive them . I arranged for two clients last year to buy used Corvette's that still had the plastic on the seats and carpets . New they were in the $95K range , I was able to get them for $65k & $75K . You should be able to get that ZR1 in around $80K.

If you need any help , just ask

Thx
Manny

Thx. Manny, just a quick question. 2009 did not have launch control. Has there been anything done to retrofit it into a 2009? Is it simply a chip or software update? I know you are the guru on these cars so if anyone would know, it would be you

Sounds awesome! No one's made the joke about launch control being your right foot?:rofl:

That is great Navion! If it feels right, go for it! I can't imagine much to worry about with only 630 miles on the car.

Thx. Manny, just a quick question. 2009 did not have launch control. Has there been anything done to retrofit it into a 2009? Is it simply a chip or software update? I know you are the guru on these cars so if anyone would know, it would be you

We haven't seen anyway of doing a retro fit , that's not to say it can't be done .

Well, the deed is done! I gave a deposit tonight on a 2009 ZR1 with 630 miles on her. I am flying down next week before my operation to see it and verify everything is as presented. Now if I could only find a buyer for my '67 coupe, momma would be really happy. I will try to get some pics. with my camera when I am there and will enlist some help posting them on this site as I have no clue how to do it. She is a ZR1 with 3ZR package, chrome wheels, cover and a couple of other options that I can't remember at this time. I'm kind of excited to see her. I only hope that with so little warranty remaining (5/28/2014) that I don't run into any major problems once it is here in Canada as the warranty does not take effect until 12,000 km.

Thx. for your kind words Brian. It will be tough to see her go as she is a great car but it would not be prudent to keep 2 of them as it gets a little costly. Someone will get a good one.

Congrats Navion.....one fine ride you're gonna get there.

Holler if you need help with pics. You have my email so send away and I can post.
Also wish I had the room and the $ for you '67.....:D

Colin.

Congratulations! I'll have to look for that bad boy when I'm up there visiting the relatives this summer. I'm sure it'll be the only one in town. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.