Sorry for the tragic side of having to let your pilot license go away maybe now you can think about having 2 corvettes instead of 1 corvette and a plane. It wont replace the thrill of flying but may be a second alternative. Good luck whit your new ball joints

Damn that's a shame -- but I guess as the saying goes: it could be worse. Tho for you who loves flying so much not much worse.
Glad to hear that you're ok -- and on the mend .... We did wonder how things were going for you.
You must be very relieved to know that your mobility will improve with new knees -- so that's a big plus.

Won't be long now until it's 'vette season -- I'm sure the ZR-1 will be a big joy and distraction this coming summer.

All the best, and look forward to your updates.
We're thinking of you,
Colin.

Best wishes for your recovery..All the best....You will be back in 100% action in know time dont worry. :canada:

Just think you will be flying on the ground instead of the air once the ZR1 comes :coolgleam:. The ZR1 is a jet in itself...Win win situation

Navion glad the surgery went well and wishing you a speedy recovery. Whow that sad news is very sad for a pilot and I wish you well in getting over that in itself. Hopefully the new ZR1 will help a bit. I know its not the same but do you have friends or family that can get you in the air? For now you will probably be focused on your recovery.

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Sorry to hear of your loss of your pilot's license. It may not seem like it for now but good health with the help of medication is worth far more than the license. Look forward to maybe meeting up one of these days. :)

Navion, sorry to hear about the loss of your pilot's license. Can't imagine what that would mean to you, good news about your operation though. Concentrate on the full recovery and the upcoming spring weather so you can enjoy that car of yours.

Again, I want to say thx. to all for your very kind and thoughtful support. Health is the important thing here and I will overcome this issue and find a second hobby to occupy my free time. With the '67 and the '09. it should be easy but then there is the down time where flying played a huge roll. Anyway, it is what it is and time to move forward. Anyone want to buy a gorgeous Commander 114?

Forgot to mention I am looking forward to meeting up somewhere with anyone, anytime to have a coffee and talk cars. Just need to get the physio out of the way first.

My heart goes out to you Navion,

I know it would be difficult if I had to give up reading or farming so the loss of a passion in one's life is hard to adjust to. I hope with luck the kick in the seat you'll be enjoying with your ZR1 will give some small compense for this.

I recall when I was landing in Vancouver to get my Z06 and watching the airspeed and being struck at one point that the car could go faster than the plane I was in as it was landing. While your other Corvette is a treasure, yoru ZR1 is a whole different degree of technology.

Start frowning now as you're entering the permasmile zone............

Cheers,

Garry

Forgot to mention I am looking forward to meeting up somewhere with anyone, anytime to have a coffee and talk cars. Just need to get the physio out of the way first.

Perhaps you and I and Brian Keery could get together one of these days soon? Collingwood would be a good middle ground.
[mob][/mob]

Case75, I would definitely be up for that. Just need a little time to recover frrom operation and physio.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.