Well the money has been sent to the dealer and the ZR1 is now paid in full. Now, all I have to do is arrange transportation to her new home here in Midland. Thank heavens I don't need to make a monthly payment on this beast as I don't think I would sleep very well. It would surely be a nightmare so hurry up spring so I can get this baby rocking!

I navion, last summer I bought a zr1 centennial edition from a dealer in vancouver and add it shipped to Montreal by TFX. They have great service, very professional at a very fair price. This was an inclose trailer so no road hazard damage. Toll Free: 888.415.3158 I would do business whit them any time whitout looking anywhere helse. Stephane

I feel I owe the members on this forum an apology. My most recent post, upon reading it again this a.m. appears to me to be a little on the arrogant side when I was referring to not having to make monthly payments. I want to assure all of the members that was not my intention at all. I have been saving for a very, very long time to buy the ZR1 and wanted to be able to pay for it entirely in cash. I did not mean any disrespect to those members who are perhaps not as fortunate as me to be able to do this and must make a monthly payment. I sincerely hope I have not offended anyone and if I have, I truly apologize.

None taken Navion. That is truly the best way to enjoy your car, especially one of your stature is to not have the stress/burden of payments. Post some pics of your new baby when it arrives as well as some pics of your plane.:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

NOPE! Not offended. How you saved up your money and paid for your car is none of our business. Some people save for a long time, some people get a good inheritance, others have awesome paying jobs and save up quickly, or won during a gambling trip, and others finance their cars. Not to worry navion! Thank you for your concern! I just hope we don't judge people with how they pay for their cars....we may make fun of them if it's something hilarious, but we shouldn't make a person uncomfortable with how they deal with their finances.

Personally, I think that is awesome you could save up for a ZR1! The best way to do it!

LSXtasy, appreciate your comments. As far as pics. of my plane and car, I will definitely need the assistance of others as I have not had any success posting pics. of my '67 coupe. I needed Colin to do that so I may enlist his support again once the car is here from Oklahoma. I am going in to hospital on Monday for double knee replacement so I will be out of commission for a little while I suspect. Getting old really sucks!!!!

good luck on the knee replacement and i too saved for a number of years to pay cash. so i don't think anyone was offended either. enjoy your car when the weather gets nice.

Navion, I'm sure that no offence was intended and certainly none taken. I got my car when a good friend passed away and left me a gift legacy in his will. I always wanted a Corvette and it took me about 10 seconds to make my decision. I thank him every day and I hope to be able to do the same for someone else. Thanks for the ride, Ted!!!
Good luck with the new knee's and stay with us on the forum and we'll get you through it.
Rob

bigneez your "handle" really is appropriate for me at this time given my upcoming operation.

Steamer, I was born in Vancouver General hospital so you are not too far from my birth place. Thx. for the kind words.

I have ordered a new ctek 4.3 charger. My question to all is this. How do you hook it up to the battery and still install the car cover without scratching the paint? Doesn't it hang down on the fender and when you install the cover, doesn't it get in the way and possibly scratch the paint?

You'll love the CTek. Just drop the Leeds down beside the engine and fish them out the side. After installing the cover I hung the charger over the side mirror. Just make sure the charger hangs free in the air so it doesn't touch the cover. Hope that helps.
Rob

Well, the deed is done! I gave a deposit tonight on a 2009 ZR1 with 630 miles on her. I am flying down next week before my operation to see it and verify everything is as presented. Now if I could only find a buyer for my '67 coupe, momma would be really happy. I will try to get some pics. with my camera when I am there and will enlist some help posting them on this site as I have no clue how to do it. She is a ZR1 with 3ZR package, chrome wheels, cover and a couple of other options that I can't remember at this time. I'm kind of excited to see her. I only hope that with so little warranty remaining (5/28/2014) that I don't run into any major problems once it is here in Canada as the warranty does not take effect until 12,000 km.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your purchase, sounds like a good one
the car is used, you should not have a problem with warranty no matter what the mileage is...others chime in. Can you PM me some details on your 67 Coupe please?

Last edited:
How do you keep your garage so clutter free ? :)

Move all the crap over to the other side and then take the picture

Seriously I try to keep as much as possible off the floor and hung on the walls. This includes garden tools, blue boxes, ladders etc. etc.

besides a messy garage irritates me no end and with so many things irritating me :) one less is a GOOD thing.

LSXtasy, appreciate your comments. As far as pics. of my plane and car, I will definitely need the assistance of others as I have not had any success posting pics. of my '67 coupe. I needed Colin to do that so I may enlist his support again once the car is here from Oklahoma. I am going in to hospital on Monday for double knee replacement so I will be out of commission for a little while I suspect. Getting old really sucks!!!!

Any time Navion -- you have my email..:D

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.